Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #713325

Subject: "Orange Is The New Black (Season 4)" Previous topic | Next topic
WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17897 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 12:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Orange Is The New Black (Season 4)"

Didn't see a post so here we go.

Really one of the most enjoyable seasons so far to me. Finished in basically one day.

Gets a little grim towards the second half. Absolutely heartbreaking at the end. Actually in several spots for me.

Discuss

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Okay...my fave scenes on 1st watch (spoilers)
Jun 20th 2016
RE: Okay...my fave scenes on 1st watch (spoilers)
Jun 21st 2016
Chick that played young Lori Petty killed it
Jun 21st 2016
she really did....that was impressive!
Jun 21st 2016
SO good
Jun 22nd 2016
So much better than the prior season.
Jun 25th 2016
Suzanne's backstory and...
Jun 26th 2016
Crazy season
Jul 15th 2016

DVS
Member since Sep 13th 2002
19730 posts
Mon Jun-20-16 12:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Okay...my fave scenes on 1st watch (spoilers)"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Jun-20-16 12:30 PM by DVS

Suzanne working as a greeter....that gun joke was spot on. The flashback on how she got into prison in the 1st place...god that was terrible. I know her sister is a wreck.

The whole flashback scene with Sam Healy...the background on his mother and his relationship with Lolli were heartbreaking. The way the season left both Him and Lolli was just sad as shit.

The way Tasty just folded up over Poussey...that was heart wrenching. You couldn't have a soul and watch that without getting misty.

I liked the way they brought Nicky back. She is a hot mess. I liked how Doggett and her kinda bonded.

I was "meh" on the whole Sophia Burset arc. Felt like she was just more of a ploy to focus in on the meat of this season...the dangers of privatized prisons.

Out of all the seasons...I think this one gave the most social commentary of them all. I was impressed with the inside jokes...and I was lightweight pissed at how they just shit ALL over THE WIZ (which I still believe is awesome fuckyouropinionLALALAAAAIDON'TCARE!)

I was so fucking glad to see Piper catch it this season. I despise her. She is the embodiment of entitlement...her and Judy King...but at least Judy is real about being full of shit.

One of my fave seasons so far.

D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

and don't forget to check "DVS 4 ALDERMAN"

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17897 posts
Tue Jun-21-16 10:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Okay...my fave scenes on 1st watch (spoilers)"
In response to Reply # 1

>Suzanne working as a greeter....that gun joke was spot on.
>The flashback on how she got into prison in the 1st
>place...god that was terrible. I know her sister is a wreck.

Felt the same. Like damn. And she wasn't a bad person, but where is there a real place in the world for people like her? Both her and Lolly was jive in the same boat on that one.

>The way the season left both Him and Lolli was just sad as
>shit.

Yo, when dude put the phone down and started that walk....even I felt bad for dude. And he's a sack of shit, largely.

>The way Tasty just folded up over Poussey...that was heart
>wrenching. You couldn't have a soul and watch that without
>getting misty.

Blown.

>I liked the way they brought Nicky back. She is a hot mess. I
>liked how Doggett and her kinda bonded.
>
>I was "meh" on the whole Sophia Burset arc. Felt like she was
>just more of a ploy to focus in on the meat of this
>season...the dangers of privatized prisons.

Yeah, good to see her back, but they did almost nothing with her.

>
>I was so fucking glad to see Piper catch it this season. I
>despise her. She is the embodiment of entitlement...her and
>Judy King...but at least Judy is real about being full of
>shit.
>

I don't resent Piper, but I think my enjoyment of this season was based on her being marginalized and not so central to the show anymore.

I love what they did with the Latinas this season. Loved seeing the one woman get out and try to pick up her life. Then you had Maria turn kingpin like outta nowhere. But Daya? Oy vey!

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

Sofian_Hadi
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
5629 posts
Tue Jun-21-16 09:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Chick that played young Lori Petty killed it"
In response to Reply # 0

---------------------------------------

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

KnowOne
Charter member
39945 posts
Tue Jun-21-16 10:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "she really did....that was impressive!"
In response to Reply # 3

Nm

IG: KnowOne215 | PS+ ID: KnowOne215

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Wed Jun-22-16 07:17 PM

5. "SO good"
In response to Reply # 0

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Numba_33
Charter member
19333 posts
Sat Jun-25-16 07:18 PM

6. "So much better than the prior season."
In response to Reply # 0

Wonder how many more seasons this will go for. Feels like the next one will be the last given how the stakes were raised in that last episode there. Can't think of a negative aspect to this season; all the characters and plotlines were balanced quite well and nothing felt too over the top.

SPOILER ALERT

I know his character arc wasn't nearly the most tragic, but it tripped me out to see Healy's character in that mental institution as a patient in that last scene of him watching the news conference; I assumed he was going there to check up on someone else or to get job there.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

DJ007
Member since Apr 06th 2003
5447 posts
Sun Jun-26-16 09:50 AM

7. "Suzanne's backstory and..."
In response to Reply # 0

POUSSEY!!!! my spirit was so broken after that scene

much better season than the lasts and for this season to end THAT way -just wow!

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Fri Jul-15-16 09:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "Crazy season"
In response to Reply # 0

I think I felt bad for every character this season other than most of the guards..... It's funny how P talked about getting rid of one person and someone worse replacing them.... Really great season, felt like they were clearly aiming for those Emmy nods

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #713325 Previous topic | Next topic