Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #711339

Subject: "The Family - Season 1 (ABC)" Previous topic | Next topic
amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Sun May-01-16 04:52 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Family - Season 1 (ABC)"
Sun May-01-16 05:14 PM by amplifya7

anyone else really like this show? it doesn't have the great cinematography of other popular 'dark' brooding shows, but i think the progression of the story has been pretty great

if you havent seen it, here's the trailer for the show, although it definitely doesn't do it justice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UmzR9Xyh_0

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
One of those "everybody sucks" shows.
May 02nd 2016
i dont think they all suck, they just dont have anyone
May 02nd 2016
      RE: i dont think they all suck, they just dont have anyone
May 02nd 2016

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Mon May-02-16 12:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "One of those "everybody sucks" shows."
In response to Reply # 0

Like American Crime, where there's a whole town of shitty people. Them shits are starting to weigh heavy on me. Like, last night, they didn't wanna believe the FBI agent had been abducted, because he has a history of alcoholism.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Mon May-02-16 01:52 PM

2. "i dont think they all suck, they just dont have anyone"
In response to Reply # 1

Who is 100% likeable. Every main character except maybe Danny has done or said things that make you not really root for them...but I wouldn't say the parents or detectives suck. Also the pedofile across the street is an oddly loveable character, as much as a pedophile could be

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23882 posts
Mon May-02-16 09:05 PM

3. "RE: i dont think they all suck, they just dont have anyone"
In response to Reply # 2

The father and the (now) detective have been having an affair for most of the 10 years the kid has been gone. I didn't think the mom was that bad until last night's episode where she was in such grief that she neglected the other 2 kids. And, her threat to the hot detective to cover up knowing the kid that came back isn't their son was kinda fucked up.

I've felt sorry for the pedo neighbor since they showed him eating that glass sandwich.

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #711339 Previous topic | Next topic