Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #708309

Subject: "The Path (Hulu): Aaron Paul is back, betch." Previous topic | Next topic
Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86672 posts
Thu Feb-18-16 05:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Path (Hulu): Aaron Paul is back, betch."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CJGX50Pt4s

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
All in
Feb 18th 2016
Interesting.
Feb 18th 2016
First two episodes dropped yesterday.
Mar 31st 2016
The kid DOES look like Ledger, holy shit.
Apr 10th 2016
still laughing at the post title
Mar 31st 2016
The show picked up serious steam
Apr 17th 2016
Man, 11.22.63 left a bad taste. So it's put me off HULU for a bit.
Apr 18th 2016
I agree. This is a terrific show.
Apr 18th 2016
Another powerful episode this week.
May 06th 2016
It's already been renewed
May 06th 2016
      Thank you for the info.
May 06th 2016
Flawed but I'm enjoying it.
May 16th 2016
Episode 9 was pretty phenomenal.
May 19th 2016
Some missteps with that season finale
May 25th 2016
He's been having visions most of the season (Finale Spoilers)
May 26th 2016
Season two started this week.
Jan 27th 2017
GOOD LOOKING
Jan 27th 2017
Anyone else watching this?
Feb 24th 2017
So, the second season ended yesterday.
Apr 13th 2017
The third season started up again two or so weeks ago.
Feb 05th 2018
I'm watching it, faithfully even
Feb 06th 2018
      This season is getting incredibly dark.
Feb 28th 2018
           Yeah I need to know where they are going
Mar 05th 2018
Welp, can't say I fully saw that ending coming.
Mar 30th 2018
Pretty sad to see that character go
Mar 30th 2018
      I really liked her
Apr 01st 2018
The Path is no more.
Apr 26th 2018
Damn...
Apr 30th 2018

Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Thu Feb-18-16 05:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "All in"
In response to Reply # 0

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Thu Feb-18-16 09:25 PM

2. "Interesting."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm getting some Leftovers vibes from that preview. Interesting how Hulu is slowing getting into the Netflix lane. Also interesting that this should could be eating into potential rating for broadcast TV shows since Fox, NBC, and ABC co-own Hulu if I'm not mistaken.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Thu Mar-31-16 09:54 AM

3. "First two episodes dropped yesterday."
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone watched? I watched the first one last night and I'll probably catch the second one tonight. The writing isn't the best, but the acting so far is pretty good. Was surprised to see Hulu drop Mature content, with a capital M. Some nudity and harsh language. I guess Netflix is making Hulu step their game up. It's a bit weird to see Aaron Paul's character have two children, and his son has a weird resemblance to Heath Ledger.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Sun Apr-10-16 02:50 AM

5. "The kid DOES look like Ledger, holy shit."
In response to Reply # 3

Ashy Achilles
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
4551 posts
Thu Mar-31-16 11:47 AM

4. "still laughing at the post title"
In response to Reply # 0

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Sun Apr-17-16 09:49 AM

6. "The show picked up serious steam"
In response to Reply # 0

in that fourth episode. A lot of moving parts to navigate in terms of the storylines. Feels as if the writing has gotten better compared to the first two episodes.

I wonder if this show is doing decent numbers for Hulu because it is quality material. I hope the fact it isn't Netflix/HBO that folks are under the assumption it isn't top level viewing.

walihorse
Member since Aug 03rd 2006
16125 posts
Mon Apr-18-16 01:30 PM

7. "Man, 11.22.63 left a bad taste. So it's put me off HULU for a bit. "
In response to Reply # 6

żIf a fat guy falls in the woods and there is no one around to see it, do the trees laugh?

Frank Longo
86672 posts
Mon Apr-18-16 04:01 PM

8. "I agree. This is a terrific show."
In response to Reply # 6

I wish more people were watching/talking about it.

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Fri May-06-16 09:05 AM

9. "Another powerful episode this week."
In response to Reply # 0

I hope the ratings are good enough to warrant a second season of this show. I have to imagine this show would be getting more attention if it were on HBO or Showtime. Top notch drama and the show does a good job shuffling the characters around as well. Shame it appears only two or three folks on these boards here are watching.

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2903 posts
Fri May-06-16 09:11 AM

10. "It's already been renewed"
In response to Reply # 9

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Fri May-06-16 10:28 AM

11. "Thank you for the info."
In response to Reply # 10

That's marvelous news to read. Do you know if Hulu gives out their ratings or do they keep that info close to the vest similar to Netflix? If they take the latter approach, that would be interesting since Hulu is partially owned by the major networks outside of CBS.

SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Mon May-16-16 11:27 PM

12. "Flawed but I'm enjoying it."
In response to Reply # 0

I was told it was slow and maybe because I binged it I didn't get that feeling but I actually thought Hugh Dancy's storyline moved too quickly. The storyline with the son might be my favorite part. I think they are also handling Rockmond Dunbar's story exceptionally well. I haven't been as big of a fan of Aaron Paul and I think the love triangle pushes the show more towards a soap than a prestige drama.

I do like that the religion does seem to be on to something and that the visions are actually true. I wish Michelle Monaghan's character was more of a true believer and stuck with the honesty/transparency more. I also still don't buy that saying what he saw in his vision would be worse than saying he cheated on his wife.

Still, overall it's very entertaining. I'd say it's kind of a prestige soap opera.

Random aside: I couldn't believe they used the cliched bird cry for when the hawk flew over. Way to make a scene with already cheesy FX and make it laughable.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Thu May-19-16 12:23 AM

13. "Episode 9 was pretty phenomenal."
In response to Reply # 0

Great acting. The stories colliding. Great cliffhangers at the end. Just a great episode of television right there. The kind of episode at the end of the season that really elevates the whole thing.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Wed May-25-16 08:05 PM

14. "Some missteps with that season finale"
In response to Reply # 0

SPOILERS

1) The visions Aaron Paul's character was having were too nebulous for me to follow. The show was pretty grounded in how it dealt with the more supernatural aspects of the movement, so the visions were a sudden shift to me.

2)Hard for me to believe Aaron Paul's character could easily afford to swing a trip to Peru when he was staying in the shithole hotel room. Ever harder to believe it would be so easy for his character to easily slip into the room of the movement's leader so easily as well.

It'll still continue to watch the show since it had some great episodes in the past. I hope Rockman Dunbar's character is involved in the storyline next season since it appears his character has been painted into a corner in terms of any potential involvement.

SoulHonky
25919 posts
Thu May-26-16 09:33 AM

15. "He's been having visions most of the season (Finale Spoilers)"
In response to Reply # 14

- His vision when he originally was down there was right on. He's been seeing his brother. I didn't think that was too crazy. One thing I've liked it how they've had some moments of the religion looking like it might actually be legit peppered in.

- The trip to Peru was laughably sudden. It took him longer to walk down the damn hall than it did to fly to Peru. Either that or Michelle Monaghan took some epic dramatic pauses while talking to Cal. (Side note that's neither here nor there: I can't remember a show that I've just failed to remember any of the character's names like this one. I feel like I'm always surprised when someone calls Aaron Paul "Eddie".)

- The element that was just punted completely was the idea of "transparency". Seems like that is a central tenant of the religion (especially in the first half of the season) that everyone has abandoned. Cal's lying about writing the rungs himself seems like it should be a big thing but he outright tells one couple that he's doing it and Michelle Monaghan quickly dismisses the idea of telling people about it. Seems like that should have been a bigger blow to her. Her husband is saying that the religion is BS and now she learns that the final rungs are indeed made up.

All in all, the finale just didn't move me. It was kind of average with some good moments (like Michelle Monaghan blowing up at her parents) but mostly stuff that didn't feel like it moved the needle all that much.

----

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 11:34 AM

16. "Season two started this week."
In response to Reply # 0

The end for the first episode was pretty intense and I didn't that plot point coming, at least not so quickly. Looks like this season will be an intense one.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Fri Jan-27-17 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
17. "GOOD LOOKING"
In response to Reply # 16

I love this show and didn't know the second season started up.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Fri Feb-24-17 09:16 AM

18. "Anyone else watching this?"
In response to Reply # 0

The way things are unfolding, I'll be stunned and surprised if this goes past this season; three seasons tops. So many things are unraveling for everyone involved.

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Thu Apr-13-17 11:18 AM

19. "So, the second season ended yesterday."
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone watched a second of the second season here? Should be interesting to see where things go for the third season; I can't see the show lasting past a third season seeing how murky things have gotten so far.

Based on a brief web search I just did, it appears the show was renewed for a third season yesterday, which is stellar news.

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Mon Feb-05-18 10:00 AM

20. "The third season started up again two or so weeks ago."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm guessing I'm the only on on these boards watching this, but I'll up this regardless. Unfortunate that it appears Rockman Dunbar is off the show this season, but things have been interesting so far four episodes in. Dunno if I see this lasting past a fourth season, but I could be wrong.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Tue Feb-06-18 04:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "I'm watching it, faithfully even"
In response to Reply # 20

I have no idea where it's going but I'm on for the ride. The asian young girl in the cast is a member of my food coop. I've also seen the woman who plays her mom (which is weird) in Brooklyn.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Wed Feb-28-18 08:51 AM

22. "This season is getting incredibly dark."
In response to Reply # 21

I woke up at 4:00 this morning due to going to sleep to early last night and watched the most recent episode. I thought the worse that could happen this season was Hawk getting gunned down by dude's closeted ex, but now I truly don't know what kind of depravity will happen at season's end after the latest episode.

I hope this show is doing decent numbers so it doesn't get cancelled by Hulu before the show runners finish telling the full storyline for this show.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Mon Mar-05-18 10:51 PM

23. "Yeah I need to know where they are going"
In response to Reply # 22

"Aint no garden, B."

smh

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 09:04 AM

24. "Welp, can't say I fully saw that ending coming."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm still in for next season. I really REALLY don't like Eddie's wife. She just bothers me in how she handles things...and her face bothers me (heh). I'm glad that the murder that was almost forgotten just might come back in the next season. Cats still need to pay for that.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 02:24 PM

25. "Pretty sad to see that character go"
In response to Reply # 24

since she was one of the best parts of this season and put on one of the better acting performances for this show's entirety.

That final episode itself was a bit cornball-ish, especially with the crying from both male leads, but I guess stakes were high for both characters. I wonder how many seasons this show will run for since I can't see this lasting for too long, assuming the show actually renewed the show for additional seasons.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Sun Apr-01-18 10:42 PM

26. "I really liked her"
In response to Reply # 25

Besides her being easy on the eyes, she did her best to shake things up and get the movement on track. I wonder where things are going now.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

Numba_33
Charter member
19335 posts
Thu Apr-26-18 09:56 AM

27. "The Path is no more."
In response to Reply # 0

Read from numerous sources that The Path was cancelled after this last season. I guess the numbers for this show we pretty low after all. Too bad to show didn't end on its own terms as there was more story to tell. Oh well.

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Mon Apr-30-18 09:12 AM

28. "Damn..."
In response to Reply # 27

I was worried but didn't think it was over. SMH.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #708309 Previous topic | Next topic