Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #705033

Subject: "Anyone seen 'Eden'? Parisian house DJ flick." Previous topic | Next topic
denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Wed Nov-25-15 07:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone seen 'Eden'? Parisian house DJ flick."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3090634/

Thought this was really good. Very warm.....every artist that is over 30 could find something about themselves in this movie. The idea that the passion of your youthful artistry may lead to nowhere while everyone else changes and you are still in the same place.

Awesome soundtrack....they treat dj'ing and house music with proper respect. Daft Punk is featured in the movie and not for nothing....they serve as counter-point to the protaganist. Great flick.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
good looks - very understandable
Nov 30th 2015
I think there's hella mounts of genre artists that could relate to this.
Nov 30th 2015
is it on Netflix?
Nov 30th 2015
Don't think so.
Nov 30th 2015
Saw the world premiere of this at TIFF
Dec 02nd 2015

boyd
Member since May 15th 2006
7654 posts
Mon Nov-30-15 07:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "good looks - very understandable "
In response to Reply # 0

10+ years a drum n bass/jungle dj

denny
11281 posts
Mon Nov-30-15 09:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "I think there's hella mounts of genre artists that could relate to this."
In response to Reply # 1
Mon Nov-30-15 09:20 PM by denny

I remember in 1992 my friend's neighbor had dedicated his whole life to playing guitar like Eddie Van Halen. In 1992 he was approaching 30 and couldn't understand why Nirvana was the next big thing. It was like everything he had worked so long at was all for nothing. He was used to getting so many props and his identity was tied to that. I could tell how disillusioned he was.

Sample-based hip hop producers from the 90's same thing.

anyways...that's what this movie is about. The soundtrack is awesome too.

One of the great things about the movie is it's Frenchness. The thing that draws the character to garage/house is what he describes as a combination of 'warmth and melancholy'. And the director makes the movie to reflect that. So the aim is for the movie to have the same characteristic that draws the protaganist to this particular genre.

Heinz
Member since Dec 26th 2003
20759 posts
Mon Nov-30-15 06:16 PM

2. "is it on Netflix?"
In response to Reply # 0

denny
11281 posts
Mon Nov-30-15 09:15 PM

4. "Don't think so."
In response to Reply # 2

It's on my TMN movie channel (Canada). I think it's a new release for DVD. Great flick.

upUPNorth
Member since Oct 12th 2005
1695 posts
Wed Dec-02-15 09:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Saw the world premiere of this at TIFF"
In response to Reply # 0

Knowing the director's previous films, it was a different storytelling experience, but really immerses you in the musical environment.

The story of the main character is her brother's life story pretty much, they wrote it together, he was a real person in that 'scene', someone asked him if the drug use was overdone and he just said 'no' and left it at that. The actor looks just like him. Mia Hansen-Love introduced the film by warning that it's not the Daft Punk documentary, but I loved the running joke surrounding them throughout the film.

---------------------
Obviously White

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #705033 Previous topic | Next topic