Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #702011

Subject: "Marvel's Most Wanted" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8599 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 09:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marvel's Most Wanted"

Remember Marvel's Mockingbird? The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff that ABC decided not to execute on? Well looks like ABC has changed their mind after Daredevil's success and word is both ABC, Marvel and Netflix are extremely happy with Jessica Jones.

In any case I'll gladly swap out A.o.S. for this. Mockingbird and Lance Hunter are really the only two characters I fucks with outside of Coulson.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/20/marvels-most-wanted-that-shield-spin-off-show-is-happening-after-all

A few months ago it was reported that ABC would be creating a spin-off of Agents of SHIELD, one focused around SHIELD agents Bobbi 'Mockingbird' Morse and Lance ' ' Hunter, but that idea was quashed before it ever got to the pilot stage. ABC execs said they didn't want to tinker with the formula of SHIELD, which they felt was hitting its stride.

Well, they've changed their mind about tinkering, because the pilot is back on and it has a name: Marvel's Most Wanted. It's weird having the name of the company in there, but at the same time I understand the network wanting to really trumpet that brand connection. I mean, technically Agents of SHIELD is Marvel's Agents of SHIELD but nobody calls it that. I suspect we will call this show Marvel's Most Wanted. Or MMW, as they tend to do online now.

Variety has very confusing info about the show. Here's what they say:

Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

I don't know how this doesn't qualify as a spin-off. Like, Mork & Mindy was an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters and continuing their story, but it was still a spin-off from Happy Days, where Mork was introduced in a dream. So if Mork & Mindy, set two decades and in another city and with no references to the original show is a spin-off, so is Marvel's Most Wanted.

The only way I can really parse that explanation is if the show is a prequel, set when Hunter and Morse were married. That would allow the show to exist outside of any Marvel Cinematic Universe business, although why you would want to do that is beyond me.

I like Adrienne Palicki as Mockingbird, and I'll be sad to see her go from the show. Nick Blood, who plays Hunter, has a name that already sounds like a very cool character and they should have just let him be called that in the show. Then you could have named the spin-off Bird and Blood, which I admit also stinks. I'm not entirely sure what will set this show apart from SHIELD, but I guess I'll give it a couple of episodes to sell me, if only for Palicki. That is if it makes it past the pilot.

There is one thing I want out of this show, though. If it's focusing on Mockingbird I want the show to reveal that she and Hawkeye had a thing, many years ago. Before he married his wife and had the kids, before she married Lance Hunter. I want to find out that she's still got this soft spot for Clint Barton. I loved those two as a couple in the comics.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
They need to focus on making a good show first before spinning into 2
Aug 21st 2015
Yup, Bobbi was an excellent addition to the show but still
Aug 21st 2015
Na. Fuck that.
Aug 21st 2015
      I'm with you on Mack, that character had so much potentail
Aug 21st 2015
It's stupid, b/c those 2 should stay on AoS, they add that new element.....
Aug 21st 2015
Na nigga. A.o.S. is washed. I don't washness to come over them too.
Aug 21st 2015
Boo. Need more supers on TV
Aug 24th 2015
Marvel's Most not REALLY Wanted... ?
Aug 25th 2015
totally agree
Aug 26th 2015
surprised at the negativity toward AoS
Aug 27th 2015
You can read all of our problems with it here
Aug 28th 2015
funniest part about that post (mild spoiler-y)
Aug 31st 2015
      My disdain of this show making you upset is hilarious.
Aug 31st 2015
           claims he won't watch anymore ...
Aug 31st 2015
                So you know for fact what the fuck I'm gonna do now?
Aug 31st 2015
                     in your own words
Sep 01st 2015
                          So lurking is the same as posting?
Sep 01st 2015
don't try to make sense of it here
Aug 31st 2015
Now you're just making shit up
Aug 31st 2015
its easier to love when youre binging it.
Aug 31st 2015
no its not... at all
Aug 31st 2015
damn!
Sep 01st 2015
      this is normal
Sep 01st 2015
           What's nonsense is you
Sep 01st 2015
                BWood
Sep 02nd 2015
                You need to tell jrocc that shit not me.
Sep 02nd 2015
                LOL
Sep 02nd 2015
                     RE: LOL
Sep 02nd 2015
                          we talked about this already
Sep 03rd 2015
                               I missed that disccusion.
Sep 03rd 2015
Delroy Lindo to co-star *link*
Jan 26th 2016
As a huge Delroy Lindo Fan I'm excited
Jan 26th 2016
Marvel's Most Wanted plot synopsis
Feb 23rd 2016
So, it's dead again. *swipe*
May 12th 2016
Good. Let's get them back on AoS immediately
May 13th 2016
      All Mack does now is mope
May 13th 2016

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 09:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "They need to focus on making a good show first before spinning into 2"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Aug-21-15 09:51 AM by BigReg

>In any case I'll gladly swap out A.o.S. for this. Mockingbird
>and Lance Hunter are really the only two characters I fucks
>with outside of Coulson.

and while Daredevil and apparently Jessica Jones are strong properties, it was less about the characters/actors and more about the creative teams behind the scene...something which AOS still can't get right.

JiggysMyDayJob
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
5174 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 10:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. " Yup, Bobbi was an excellent addition to the show but still"
In response to Reply # 1

The show has too many problems in itself to say "Hey we're doing good enough that we can start running a spin off" Quite frankly I'd prefer to see Mocking Bird appear in the films or in the Netflix shows rather than AOS or a spinoff. Adrian is a decent actress and does action very well (see GI JOE/John Wick) her talent and the character could be better used in another property instead.

sometimes u gotta leave ur inner nigger in the bank vault. - desus

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpress.com
itunes:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249
facebook: facebook.com/situationpodemy
@SituationPodemy

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 11:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Na. Fuck that."
In response to Reply # 1

Take the best two characters and let them cook on their own show. The writers for the show do suck, but when either of these two characters on screen, they work in spades.

I would say take Henry Simmons who plays Mack as well, but they turned that character (the only black character after they killed Tripp) into a totally fucking killjoy, which is a damn shame.

JiggysMyDayJob
5174 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 01:29 PM

4. "I'm with you on Mack, that character had so much potentail"
In response to Reply # 3

no he's just "I'm not cool wit this. You've gone too far, aliens are evil." Hey should've ben cast for Luke Cage.

Hopefully S3 will be better, doubtful but I can dream right?

@SituationPodemy

phenompyrus
Charter member
9367 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 03:20 PM

5. "It's stupid, b/c those 2 should stay on AoS, they add that new element....."
In response to Reply # 0

I assume there will be more of a Secret Warriors feel to the show now, but the 2 of them were fresh and new to the old team.

http://twitter.com/phenompyrus

Get Out the Room
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 03:47 PM

6. "Na nigga. A.o.S. is washed. I don't washness to come over them too."
In response to Reply # 5

NM

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17894 posts
Mon Aug-24-15 10:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Boo. Need more supers on TV"
In response to Reply # 0

bobbi and lance aren't interesting enough on their own to deserve a show.

They need to do more with powered characters, cause they all can't make it on the big screen.

cscpov.blogspot.com

"There's a fine line between persistence and foolishness..."
-unknown

"To Each His Reach"

Voodoochilde
Charter member
3438 posts
Tue Aug-25-15 07:59 PM

8. " Marvel's Most not REALLY Wanted... ?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Aug-25-15 08:14 PM by Voodoochilde

..so here's the thing....with me, before you spin-off anything....get the core solid. The core being AOS....

for me, you have GOT to give the characters depth...you've GOT to write a script that gives the character's depth FIRST and FOREMOST. and by 'depth' i'm NOT meaning some convoluted interwoven 'plot line'...i'm talking about relatable, human, personalities....give them words that help define them as individuals that we can relate to & connect to....do THAT first....do THAT consistently....THEN when i am invested in them, i'll roll with the plot pretty much wherever you go....

in my opinion, its worth investing in character depth FIRST....plot-line second...

Netflix Daredevil got that...and did that...and NAILED that. They didn't rush TOO fast or rely too much on complex plot lines and twists unanswered 'mysteries'....instead they focused more on character development, character definition, character motivation...and THATs what hooked me. THATS what got me invested. Netflix DD was SO well done...it set the bar for how well it can be done...

Agent Carter got it as well. In my opinion, the Agent Carter miniseries was able to successfully give us characters that pulled us in and that we connected with in only 6 episodes. The plot lines were secondary to the characters....i tuned in because the characters were fleshed out enough and well written enough to make me want to 'hang out' with them to see WHATEVER they got into....

AOS had (and still could have) potential...but i just think they're focusing TOO much on 'situational / interconnecting plot lines' FIRST while NOT investing enough on subtle character depth.....that, in my opinion is the missed opportunity....that's why i'm not really that excited for any spinoff at this point...

the AOS characters that had the most potential...Coulson of course, May, Mack & Fitz and Simmons...they had some 'potential'...and yeah i think that the newer dude, Hunter, has some potential too....but as i said, for the most part the scripts seem to be 'less character'/more 'plot-line' focused....so i find myself caring less & less about these people....which is unfortunate...

anyway...i hope things turn around for AOS...i loved Coulson so much in the movies...and the 'concept' for Agents of Shield had a lot of potential...but cmon....give me a reason to give a sheet about the characters first....give them enough words that help define them as individual humans FIRST....then after i'm invested in that manner, i'll wanna roll into all of the Inhuman adventures that you wanna...

(special props goes to Kyle MacLauchlan as Skys dad...i thought he was very well done and very well acted.....as was Lucy Lawless (of Zena fame)...I instantly loved her in her role and wanted more more more of her. Lucy needs to be in the Marvel universe like yesterday. She's got the acting chops and the visual presence....)

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Wed Aug-26-15 07:52 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "totally agree"
In response to Reply # 8

...this is a bad idea....

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Thu Aug-27-15 09:20 PM

10. "surprised at the negativity toward AoS"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm just now watching AoS, about 12 in on season 2, but i've got to say that i'm really enjoying it. obviously i didn't follow either of the past season posts here in PTP, so reading this now i'm a bit surprised that you guys don't like AoS. i can understand some of the criticism and valid points are made, but at the end of the day i look forward to each upcoming episode.

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

bwood
8599 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 03:24 PM

11. "You can read all of our problems with it here"
In response to Reply # 10

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=685500&mesg_id=685500&listing_type=search

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 09:04 AM

13. "funniest part about that post (mild spoiler-y)"
In response to Reply # 11

EVERYTHING you brought up in that original post was addressed that season. yet you still hated the WHOLE time.

>Will Season 2 be better than Season 1?
- Yes it was. if you say it wasn't you're just lying to yourself.

>Why is Ward still on this show?
- got your answer. he had some great moments in season 2.

>Anyone else mad that BJ Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett is only in a >recurring role this season due to other acting commitments (I have >yet to find what else he's committed to)?
- one of the most beloved characters and part of one the most emotional parts of the whole series.

>Will Skye be a better written character this Season out?
- yep, she sure was.

>And Fitz & Simmons for that matter.
- ditto.

>Can we stop with all the mysterious bullshit of Skye's past?
- only some of the more interesting parts of the show, but sure thing. wish granted.

>And lastly can we have more superheroes?
- that's clearly not what the show was about from jump, but sure here ya go.

you happy now? of course you're not. just admit that you enjoy hating on the show and that it's not nearly as bad of a show as you're trying to make it out to be.

bwood
8599 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 09:42 AM

16. "My disdain of this show making you upset is hilarious."
In response to Reply # 13

>EVERYTHING you brought up in that original post was addressed
>that season. yet you still hated the WHOLE time.
>

No. Not really,

>>Will Season 2 be better than Season 1?
> - Yes it was. if you say it wasn't you're just lying to
>yourself.
>

Why are you mad? I and a few other have found this show to be VERY lacking. If I'm not the only one saying that then it's a problem. And it's just not on here. Nearly everyone I talk to everyday has problem with it. Even cats on Twitter find the show lacking.

>>Why is Ward still on this show?
> - got your answer. he had some great moments in season 2.

No. He got a purpose at the end of season 2. He literally should've been the head of Hydra and the main villain for the first few episodes of the season instead of having some bullshit love story and trying to redeem him.

>
>>Anyone else mad that BJ Britt as Agent Antoine Triplett is
>only in a >recurring role this season due to other acting
>commitments (I have >yet to find what else he's committed
>to)?
> - one of the most beloved characters and part of one the most
>emotional parts of the whole series.
>
>>Will Skye be a better written character this Season out?
> - yep, she sure was.
>

No, not really. Even after the midway point when it was revealed she was Quake they locked her up and put her on the run. And the first half of the season her whining about Ward...

>>And Fitz & Simmons for that matter.
> - ditto.

I'll admit Fitz & Simmons were great.

>
>>Can we stop with all the mysterious bullshit of Skye's past?
> - only some of the more interesting parts of the show, but
>sure thing. wish granted.

And it was wack. Read through the post about Inhumans. A lot people felt they fucked that up. Add to that I guarantee none of this will matter in 2019 for the movie.

>
>>And lastly can we have more superheroes?
> - that's clearly not what the show was about from jump, but
>sure here ya go.

Dawg that's what the organization is in the books. Interacting with heroes. And literally everyone has said they wanted this

>
>
>
>you happy now? of course you're not. just admit that you
>enjoy hating on the show and that it's not nearly as bad of a
>show as you're trying to make it out to be.

No nigga. Like I stated above everyone has mad problem with the show. Look at what BigReg and others are constantly saying cause we all agree.

Just because you love the shit doesn't mean it flawless. This show has mad problems like people in the very post pointed out are the writers and it seems by the ratings (Season 2 finale was the lowest rated episode yet) I'm not alone.

But go ahead and cry some more.

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 12:11 PM

18. "claims he won't watch anymore ..."
In response to Reply # 16

... gonna be all up in the season 3 recaps.

bwood
8599 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 12:16 PM

19. "So you know for fact what the fuck I'm gonna do now?"
In response to Reply # 18

Stop playing yourself b.

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Tue Sep-01-15 10:01 AM

21. "in your own words"
In response to Reply # 19

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=685500&mesg_id=685500&listing_type=search#697690

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Sep-01-15 10:45 AM

23. "So lurking is the same as posting?"
In response to Reply # 21

>http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=685500&mesg_id=685500&listing_type=search#697690

Cause I said "can someone do re-caps?". You're gonna make an assumption that I'm gonna be active in that thread?

You're not smart are you?

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 08:46 AM

12. "don't try to make sense of it here"

they just love to troll this show for some odd reason. claim they hate it, won't stop watching it, can't help but nitpick every ... little ... thing about the show. it really is a good show. admittedly it did start slow but definitely came into it's own by the middle/end of the first season. but let OKP tell it, "it's only good when there's a movie tie-in". yeah ok.

bwood
8599 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 09:45 AM

17. "Now you're just making shit up"
In response to Reply # 12

We've said that this show would work better ala Daredevil if it stood on it's own and did it's own thing. We said that ad nausea now. Fuck!

The show relies too heavily on the films with insignificant tie ins. And introducing the Inhumans this early was a mistake for reasons give.

Christ you're whiny.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
84997 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 09:24 AM

14. "its easier to love when youre binging it."

week to week it's god fucking awful.

<--- Big Baller World Order

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Mon Aug-31-15 09:41 AM

15. "no its not... at all "
In response to Reply # 14

lol we are all entitled to our opinions of course. But God awful... hell to the naw.

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Tue Sep-01-15 02:16 AM

20. "damn!"

you guys are passionate about this shit haha.

again, my opinion is that its not perfect and after i perused the old thread a little i think many criticisms i can understand. however, that said i'm still enjoying the show. i don't mind the movie tie-in stuff at all. in fact i just stopped after s02e19 to watch avengers 2 again since that's where it takes place in the timeline and i'll finish up season 2 after.

i mean in the end i'm just looking to be entertained and i'm not finding any glaring faults big enough to keep me from still watching this show.

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Tue Sep-01-15 10:10 AM

22. "this is normal"
In response to Reply # 20

everyone who likes the show pretty much feels this way. obviously it's not perfect, but coming up in the mix week after week just to lambaste the show is beyond annoying. why you would frequent posts of shows you claim you don't like just to let everyone know how much you don't like said show is nonsensical.

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Sep-01-15 10:52 AM

24. "What's nonsense is you "
In response to Reply # 22

Coming into this post and starting shit because you're mad people don't love your favorite show.

I'm ready to start talking about the spin-off when you're ready to.

ThaAnthology
Charter member
21061 posts
Wed Sep-02-15 11:04 AM

25. "BWood"
In response to Reply # 24

I dig you, I think you are a cool poster but you are kinda going in on the person who likes Agents of Shield. I like the show also. Can we just move on. I am not looking forward to Most Wanted because it will be boring. IMO. Not enough jiuce, unless they will somehow tie in actions along the "Marvel Knights" (Daredevil and such) and Defenders shows. Otherwise, the unhappy couple angle is wack. IMHO

www.anthologyfmn.com

Enter the Written World of Fahim Malik Nassar

The House of Caine (available)

Melancholoy Funk (available)

Tha Anthology (Words 2001-2003) Poetry inspired by OKP and Wash, DC
(available)

The Spook who sat by the Radio Poetry (av

bwood
8599 posts
Wed Sep-02-15 11:44 AM

26. "You need to tell jrocc that shit not me."
In response to Reply # 25

Homeboy came into this post stirring shit up.

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Wed Sep-02-15 03:44 PM

27. "LOL"
In response to Reply # 24

>Coming into this post and starting shit because you're mad
>people don't love your favorite show.

it's not my favorite show. it's not even my favorite comicbook show, but it's clearly your favorite show to hate on.

>I'm ready to start talking about the spin-off when you're
>ready to.

based on very limited information, i'm not sure if i'm feeling the idea of a show just based on Mockingbird. what makes Mockingbird and Hunter good on AoS is how they not only interact with each other but also with the rest of the team. i'd prefer to see them stay as they have it now. having said that, i'd probably still watch it.

bwood
8599 posts
Wed Sep-02-15 05:21 PM

28. "RE: LOL"
In response to Reply # 27

>>Coming into this post and starting shit because you're mad
>>people don't love your favorite show.
>
>it's not my favorite show. it's not even my favorite
>comicbook show, but it's clearly your favorite show to hate
>on.

Holy shit. We here trying to talk about the spin-off and here you go getting upset again that we don't love this shit.

>
>>I'm ready to start talking about the spin-off when you're
>>ready to.
>
>based on very limited information, i'm not sure if i'm feeling
>the idea of a show just based on Mockingbird. what makes
>Mockingbird and Hunter good on AoS is how they not only
>interact with each other but also with the rest of the team.
>i'd prefer to see them stay as they have it now. having said
>that, i'd probably still watch it.

FINALLY!!!

Okay so, I think this show will be good. These two will work well on their own from as it looks like this will be (hopefully) a character piece. Find an overall arc and keep the character building first and foremost instead of putting characters going from point a to point b just to hit check marks without much character building. And keep the plots focused. I really hope they don't let the plot get so out of their hands and/or try to do too much at once.

jrocc
Charter member
6492 posts
Thu Sep-03-15 08:17 AM

29. "we talked about this already"
In response to Reply # 28

when they first decided to spin it off and then canceled the idea. not sure what's changed now.

bwood
8599 posts
Thu Sep-03-15 01:36 PM

30. "I missed that disccusion. "
In response to Reply # 29

Anyways, they have 2 or 3 supporting characters and it's golden.

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 02:51 PM

31. "Delroy Lindo to co-star *link*"
In response to Reply # 0

http://tvline.com/2016/01/26/marvels-most-wanted-delroy-lindo-joins-abcs-s-h-i-e-l-d-spinoff/

JiggysMyDayJob
5174 posts
Tue Jan-26-16 10:41 PM

32. "As a huge Delroy Lindo Fan I'm excited"
In response to Reply # 31

Mocking Bird and Hunter are a great team so I'm going to hold out hope that this makes it.

@SituationPodemy

bwood
8599 posts
Tue Feb-23-16 12:07 PM

33. "Marvel's Most Wanted plot synopsis"
In response to Reply # 0

http://collider.com/marvels-most-wanted-synopsis-agents-of-shield-adrianne-palicki/

Though the very best of the MCU has been not-so-quietly blooming on Netflix, what with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and the imminent Luke Cage series, there’s no counting out basic cable’s take on the world of Marvel. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been doing very well over on ABC, and the network recently announced an anticipated spin-off from the series, originally called Mockingbird but now known as Marvel’s Most Wanted. The original title is a direct reference to Adrianne Palicki‘s character, Bobbi Morse’s, nickname on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., who will be teaming up with ex-husband Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) in the spin-off. And now we have a full official synopsis of what we should expect from Marvel’s Most Wanted.

I’m admittedly not well-versed in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s general narrative, but there’s no harm in anchoring any series, Marvel or otherwise, with Palicki, who was one of the primary breakouts, alongside Kyle Chandler, Jesse Plemons, and Taylor Kitsch, from Friday Night Lights. She also recently did some solid work in the surprising hit John Wick and the undervalued About a Boy series, but Mockingbird is exactly the kind of role she’s perfect for. There’s no word as of yet about when we’ll get to see Marvel’s Most Wanted but it’s currently slated to be release some time in 2016.

Here’s the official synopsis for Marvel’s Most Wanted:

Centers on Bobbi Morse (a.k.a. Mockingbird) and Lance Hunter of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., two ex-spies and ex-spouses who are on the run with no friends, no S.H.I.E.L.D. and a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. Able to trust no one but each other, Bobbi and Hunter form an uneasy alliance with Dominic Fortune, a rogue adventurer with a wealth of resources and even more adversaries, who agrees to protect them so long as they help him with his own agenda. These two heroes will help anyone in need, all while trying to uncover the conspiracy that put their own lives in jeopardy.

Cast: Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood, Delroy Lindo

bwood
8599 posts
Thu May-12-16 08:51 PM

34. "So, it's dead again. *swipe*"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/12/marvels-most-wanted-agents-shield-spinoff-abc

ABC has passed on ordering the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spin-off Marvel’s Most Wanted to series, EW has learned.

Most Wanted was set to follow Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) and Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) on the run with a long list of enemies looking to claim a bounty on their heads. They form an uneasy alliance with rogue adventurer Dominic Fortune (Delroy Lindo), who agrees to protect them so long as they help with his agenda.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski were set to write and executive-produce with Jeph Loeb. Get details on what would’ve been here and here.

This is the second time ABC has passed on the Palicki and Blood-fronted spin-off. ABC initially developed the project last season, but decided not to move forward with it when announcing its new shows at upfronts last year. But the project still had a pulse, leading to a sort of backdoor pilot this year on S.H.I.E.L.D., in which Palicki and Blood’s characters departed the team in a way that made it so they likely could not return. Whether they are indeed gone for good, however, remains to be seen now that Most Wanted is not moving forward.

“We’re very proud of all the hard work, from Jeff Bell and Paul Zbyszewski’s writing and producing to the incredible cast, especially the supremely talented Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood, who we adore,” Loeb tells EW in a statement.

The news comes on the heels of Agent Carter’s cancellation, meaning Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is the only Marvel project currently at ABC.

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Fri May-13-16 06:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
35. "Good. Let's get them back on AoS immediately "
In response to Reply # 34

Because this show is non-stop moping without Hunter

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

Boogiedwn
Member since Sep 25th 2003
8677 posts
Fri May-13-16 07:37 AM

36. "All Mack does now is mope"
In response to Reply # 35

shits depressing

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #702011 Previous topic | Next topic