Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #700797

Subject: "G. DelTorro / The Strain is the biggest P.O.S. on tv" Previous topic | Next topic
andacagar
Charter member
3774 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 08:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"G. DelTorro / The Strain is the biggest P.O.S. on tv"

The first couple eps looked interesting but then it got really corny. The monsters look stupid specially the so called master and them dudes in the hoodies are too funny looking. The show is just bad. If I was Guillermo del Toro I'd be embarrassed to put my name on this.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I thought Pacific Rim was one of the biggest POS movies I've ever seen.....
Jul 22nd 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^
Jul 24th 2015
GDT isn't doing this season right?
Jul 22nd 2015
After the 2nd or 3rd ep of last season this show got terrible.
Jul 23rd 2015
i watched the s1 pilot last week. didn't need to see any more.
Jul 23rd 2015
i actually like the show, but i read the book...
Jul 23rd 2015
Its a bad show
Jul 27th 2015
this adaptation makes me sad
Jul 27th 2015
i am waiting on the wrestler but I guess they decided
Aug 11th 2015
      He was in this week's episode.
Aug 12th 2015
I thought about checking out season 2
Aug 12th 2015
I'm still on this
Aug 12th 2015
it's slowly getting more watchable
Aug 14th 2015

The Analyst
Member since Sep 22nd 2007
4621 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 10:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I thought Pacific Rim was one of the biggest POS movies I've ever seen....."
In response to Reply # 0

GDT has very little goodwill left with me, even though he should have a lifetime pass after the excellence that was Pan's Labyrinth...

----

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Fri Jul-24-15 01:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "^^^^^^^^^^^"
In response to Reply # 1

Pacific Rim was HORRIBLE

"fun", my ass

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 02:33 PM

2. "GDT isn't doing this season right?"
In response to Reply # 0

<--- Big Baller World Order

andacagar
Charter member
3774 posts
Thu Jul-23-15 07:54 AM

3. "After the 2nd or 3rd ep of last season this show got terrible."
In response to Reply # 2

GTD is awful, I'll let him slide of the Hellboy movies they were ok but Pacific Rim is so wack as is the strain. I mean his fortay is costume and special fx and the strain monsters look funny style.

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Thu Jul-23-15 10:52 AM

4. "i watched the s1 pilot last week. didn't need to see any more."
In response to Reply # 0

watched based off the descrip and his name (Pacific Rim kicked ass tho, dont know a single person who didnt at least have fun with that shit). but this stuff? interesting premise, and one of the mains is playing an Armenian (my ppls). still wasn't enuf to rope me in for the rest of the season. the acting also felt a lil...off.

i dunno, should i bother doin the rest of s1 or nah?

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayerâ„¢

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Thu Jul-23-15 04:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "i actually like the show, but i read the book..."
In response to Reply # 0

so i'm moreso interesting in how it's going to play out. honestly it will only be three seasons because they went through the whole first book in season 1. but in regards to the monsters, i think they went as close to the book description as they could...i think that's always the issue when trying to recreate something that doesn't exist.

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 09:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
7. "Its a bad show"
In response to Reply # 0

Every scene with Stoll and his son are painful to watch. Its just such a terribly written show (dialogue wise) most of it doesn't even make sense.

There are times where people seem to be actin in completely different scenes tonally.

I just don't like how most of the show plays out, the flashbacks are good though.

Get out the room,
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Mon Jul-27-15 12:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "this adaptation makes me sad"
In response to Reply # 0

at least the action scenes could have been good, but no. the books and that down pat. the tension and the vampire hunters learning to hunt and work as a team. and Gus' team of hunters in the books were on point too. and included a retired wrestler
--------
<--------- my cousin
www.richardlouissaint.com
photobloggin' it:
http://blog.richardlouissaint.com

StephBMore
Member since Sep 11th 2014
1373 posts
Tue Aug-11-15 08:35 PM

9. "i am waiting on the wrestler but I guess they decided "
In response to Reply # 8

to do away for that with this other bullshit they are pulling.

It seemed like season 1 really went along (as much as it could) with the first book but now I'm like oh goodness...

I'm still watching tho because i want to see how it plays out

CaptNish
Member since Mar 09th 2004
14495 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:59 PM

11. "He was in this week's episode. "
In response to Reply # 9

You talkin' about Angel, yeah?

_
Yo! That’s My Jawn: The Podcast - Available Now!
http://linktr.ee/yothatsmyjawn

crow
Member since Feb 23rd 2005
4034 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 12:28 AM

10. "I thought about checking out season 2"
In response to Reply # 0

But apparently I was right not to. The first season was terrible. I was hoping it got better

*Note to self: Add Sig*

Nappy Soul
Member since Jan 04th 2007
1181 posts
Wed Aug-12-15 06:00 PM

12. "I'm still on this "
In response to Reply # 0

I enjoyed both seasons. I've enjoyed it way better than The Walking Dead and summer TV doesn't have much to offer anyway.
I haven't read the books so I have nothing to bitch about. It's a little bit unleveled as the World is not defined as of why people react ( Or don't) to what is happening. It's my only real complaint. Other than that, shit is good. The story is actually going somewhere. I dig the cast.The acting is good even though it has some cringe-worthy lines here and there not worse than TWD. There's a lot of worse ways to spend 44 minutes on the Toob.

time is money, money is time
so i keep 7 o'clock in the bank and gain interest in the hour of God
I'm saving to buy my freedom, God, grant me wings, I'm too fly not to fly _ Saul Williams

theprofessional
Charter member
8761 posts
Fri Aug-14-15 12:55 AM

13. "it's slowly getting more watchable"
In response to Reply # 0

hopefully stoll shaving his head is the point where the show does whatever the opposite of jumping the shark is. this show is really interesting 'cause usually a show is either good or bad or mediocre. with this one, there's a bunch of really great elements and a bunch of really terrible ones. watching those elements fight each other every week is pretty entertaining.

just as one example, the monster designs are generally fantastic, BUT... isn't this supposed to be a plague? if i see one more character going out with no mask, no glasses, no gloves, mouth wide open, just chopping off heads and blowing up vampires. CLOSE YOUR MOUTH. COVER YOUR FACE. WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING FULL BIOHAZARD GEAR ON YOUR VAMPIRE KILLING RUNS?

another example is the unevenness of, like, just how functional is society here? they show skyscrapers on fire constantly, mass chaos, the mayor of staten island or whatever hanging vampire heads at the port and that's acceptable because the plague has gotten so out of control, the vampires at this point have now been clearly seen murdering the nation's foremost financial leaders live on television. YET if i want to walk down the street and get some indian food at 10:00 pm, it's not a problem. customers just in the restaurant chilling with a plate of chicken tandoori. WHY IS ANY BUSINESS OPEN AT NIGHT? WHY ARE PEOPLE WALKING AROUND AT NIGHT? GET YOUR FOOD DURING THE DAY, BRING IT HOME, AND LOCK YOUR DOORS.

but like i said, it's watchable and getting better as the season progresses. i think stoll losing the rug will take it over the top.

"i smack clowns with nouns, punch herbs with verbs..."

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #700797 Previous topic | Next topic