Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #688728

Subject: "SONIC HIGHWAYS! DAVE GROHL. FOO FIGHTERS." Previous topic | Next topic
JRennolds
Charter member
17029 posts
Tue Nov-18-14 11:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"SONIC HIGHWAYS! DAVE GROHL. FOO FIGHTERS."

Never paid FOO FIGHTERS much attention. Decent radio background noise. Used to hate preachy ass/knowledge president, DAVE GROHL.

Shit changed...

SONIC HIGHWAYS is infuckingsane. Spectacular show. Grohl, is awesome. Actually smart. Very informative show. AND YES, each new song is FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES!!!!!

The premier episode is my jam. IAN MCCAY....FUCK YES!

GOMD

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I've been a Foo Fighters fan for a long time
Nov 18th 2014
Grohl, is a huge music fan.
Nov 21st 2014
I feel like Grohl and Corgan are perceived the way the other should be
Nov 18th 2014
Love this show
Nov 18th 2014
not a big FF fan but this series is fantastic
Nov 18th 2014
The LA episode was so cool.
Nov 21st 2014
Post your favorite song...
Nov 21st 2014
RE: DEATH "Politicians In My Eyes"
Nov 21st 2014
Foo Fighters song?
Nov 21st 2014
      Maybe. ONE SONG any music fan would love.
Nov 22nd 2014
never been a huge Foo Fighters fan but i love these kind of shows
Nov 22nd 2014
longtime and HUGE Foo fan over here (theyre my fav band ever)
Nov 22nd 2014
Im iffy on late career Foos, but Grohl?
Nov 22nd 2014

Dae021
Member since Mar 12th 2003
39375 posts
Tue Nov-18-14 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I've been a Foo Fighters fan for a long time"
In response to Reply # 0

So when I heard about this, I was all in.

Then I actually sat down and watched, this is a dude that appreciates music in a real way. He understands music and loves it. I enjoy dude tremendously. I know why people find him annoying, it just doesn't feel the same way to me.

The show is great, and the songs are signature Foo Fighters songs, if you love their sound then you'll love all of these songs. That Dc episode was real strong to me, and then dude stayed true to his word and has Trouble Funk opening for him over July 4th at RFK stadium.

I really fuck with this.

Get out the room,
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/get-out-the-room/id525657893

Situation Podemy love

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/situation-podemy/id620232249

Situation Podemy : www.situationpodemy.wordpres

JRennolds
Charter member
17029 posts
Fri Nov-21-14 12:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Grohl, is a huge music fan."
In response to Reply # 1

So apparent. And he is a strong singer/songwriter.

GOMD

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44853 posts
Tue Nov-18-14 11:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I feel like Grohl and Corgan are perceived the way the other should be"
In response to Reply # 0

I’m a huge fan of both guys, but Grohl irritates the fuck out of me when he speaks. He’s crazy passionate but such a fucking douchebag in terms of his incessant bitching about the state of music. He reminds of a late 90’s backpacker who ain’t with all that commercial shit, kid. Meanwhile his body of work is mainstream pop rock perfection. He seems to have a great rep though, even among people who aren’t huge fans.

Corgan, by contrast, seems to be roundly disliked by all but his ardent fans who fucking love the guy. He always comes across as humble and thoughtful as opposed to arrogant and dismissive.

Just an observation. I love Sonic Highways, though I’m split on the singles that were released. Feast & Famine (seriously, shorten that fucking title. There’s no need for THE feast and THE famine.) kind of irks me for some reason despite being vintage Foo. Something From Nothing is a beast though.

I feel like they’ve been hitting it out of the park since In Your Honor. The entire ‘hard’ disc is quality single material.

I realize this was a meandering ass post lol.

Frank Mackey
Member since May 23rd 2006
2903 posts
Tue Nov-18-14 03:40 PM

3. "Love this show"
In response to Reply # 0

Don't care for the FF and skip the last five minutes of the show, but the deep-dives into a city's musical history are great.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38820 posts
Tue Nov-18-14 06:14 PM

4. "not a big FF fan but this series is fantastic"
In response to Reply # 0

and i've only seen 3 episodes. they've all been great

JRennolds
Charter member
17029 posts
Fri Nov-21-14 12:19 PM

6. "The LA episode was so cool."
In response to Reply # 0

Flipped up the format a bit. This show makes me want to take a pilgrimage to all of these iconic studios.

PAT SMEAR. I have always been a fan and this episode was killer. I am a huge PUNK fan. I recently attended a seminar at a local art museum where THE GERMS posters were showcased. I never made the FOO connection. Compelling stuff.

GOMD

JRennolds
Charter member
17029 posts
Fri Nov-21-14 12:22 PM

7. "Post your favorite song..."
In response to Reply # 0

Let's amp shit up. Post one of your favorite jams that you think fans of this show would appreciate...

GOMD

JRennolds
Charter member
17029 posts
Fri Nov-21-14 12:23 PM

8. "RE: DEATH "Politicians In My Eyes""
In response to Reply # 7
Fri Nov-21-14 12:26 PM by JRennolds

Killer jam. Fucking vocals destroy the world. Ill lyrics. Cray composition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl3FstCc_OY
^^^^ENJOYABLE JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOMD

MME
Charter member
11940 posts
Fri Nov-21-14 04:25 PM

9. "Foo Fighters song?"
In response to Reply # 7

FUCK DONALD TRUMP

JRennolds
Charter member
17029 posts
Sat Nov-22-14 09:49 AM

10. "Maybe. ONE SONG any music fan would love."
In response to Reply # 9

SHARE YOUR FAVORITE JAM WITH US.

GOMD

gumz
Member since Jan 09th 2005
20118 posts
Sat Nov-22-14 08:46 PM

11. "never been a huge Foo Fighters fan but i love these kind of shows"
In response to Reply # 0

I've always liked Dave Grohl. Always came off as someone who just loves to play...popping up on other projects and all that. i have a ton of respect for dude and i like some of their memorable songs but i've never sat and listened to an FF album. that said i love watching music dorks talk about music and the way they go into each city's rich history and talk about the studios they're visiting is awesome. i've only seen the DC and NO episodes. Both were really dope. watching this kind of stuff makes me wish i stuck with making music.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gumzization
twitter: @BrosefMalone

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Sat Nov-22-14 08:49 PM

12. "longtime and HUGE Foo fan over here (theyre my fav band ever)"
In response to Reply # 0

yah.
fav band of all-times.
the Fooeys.
me.
the show has been glorious.
that Rancho episode? inspired me to start a new band lol.
we had our first jam a couple nights ago.
the guitarist had been watching Sonic Highways too.
and now we're in the process of making our own Rancho, but since we don't have access to a desert, we're doin it at his place in mountain rainforesty ranges where he lives.
got nothin but love for Grohl.

"Outside" has been my standout fav from this album. but i've been listening to it nonstop and they're all fucking awesome.

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayer™

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Sat Nov-22-14 09:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
13. "Im iffy on late career Foos, but Grohl?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Nov-23-14 10:09 AM by BigReg

He's turning into a fantastic music historical/documentarian.

That DC ep was probably the best bad brain doc ive seen, and it was just a segment, lol

Great show.

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #688728 Previous topic | Next topic