Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #688317

Subject: "Damon and Greengrass confirmed for Bourne 5 in 2016 (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Sun Nov-09-14 06:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Damon and Greengrass confirmed for Bourne 5 in 2016 (swipe)"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/matt-damon-says-hes-returning-747670

Matt Damon Says He's Returning to 'Bourne' for 2016
6:02 PM PST 11/08/2014 by Aaron Couch

He confirms Paul Greengrass is back to direct

Matt Damon has confirmed he'll once again play Jason Bourne, with director Paul Greengrass back at the helm for a 2016 film.

Damon pal Ben Affleck revealed the news during a red carpet interview with E! Friday, and Damon quickly confirmed.

"It'll be in 2016 when the movie will actually come out," he told E!. "Paul Greengrass is going to do another one and that's all I ever said. I just needed him to say yes."

The Hollywood Reporter first reported Damon and Greengrass' had entered negotiations for a sequel in September after months of rumors and denials.

Greengrass directed the second and third installments of the original trilogy starring Damon, The Bourne Supremacy (2004) and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007). Jeremy Renner picked up the franchise's mantle for 2012's The Bourne Legacy, and was to star in a 2016 sequel with Justin Lin to direct for Universal.

It is unclear what the Damon/Greengrass film means for the Renner project, but in September, Bourne producer Frank Marshall told THR that the project starring Renner was still alive.

"That movie is moving forward," insists Marshall. "It's still in development. We're working to get a script as soon as possible."

Universal did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm hype about this.
Nov 09th 2014
more bourne is good with me
Nov 09th 2014
Tommy Lee Jones Joins Matt Damon in Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)
Jul 29th 2015
nice
Jul 29th 2015
gotta do something to stop ben's hot streak
Jul 29th 2015
How exactly does this stop ben's hot streak
Jul 30th 2015
      poor phrasing on my part...he gotta catch up
Jul 30th 2015
Matt Damon Says The New “Bourne” Movie Is About “A Post-Snowden Wo...
Aug 28th 2015
Vincent Cassel to Play Villain Opposite Matt Damon in Sequel (swipe)
Sep 03rd 2015
RE: dope
Sep 04th 2015

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44862 posts
Sun Nov-09-14 11:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm hype about this. "
In response to Reply # 0

I love the Bourne movies and hated the Renner iteration on the whole. They have to bring back Renner though. I don't want them to just retcon that chapter of the story. I dig his character and origins despite loathing the overall story itself.

I wouldn't mind seeing this turn into something a little more large scale and having a couple of rogue agents running around wreaking havoc on... I dunno, whoever is running shit now.

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Sun Nov-09-14 11:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "more bourne is good with me"
In response to Reply # 0

some of my favorite movies. highly entertaining.

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

j0510
2315 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 09:34 AM

3. "Tommy Lee Jones Joins Matt Damon in Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tommy-lee-jones-bourne-matt-damon-1201505318/

Tommy Lee Jones Joins Matt Damon in Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)
Justin Kroll
JULY 28, 2015 | 11:42AM PT

Tommy Lee Jones has joined Matt Damon in the next installment of the “Bourne” franchise.

Alicia Vikander and Julia Stiles are also on board to join the action series, while Paul Greengrass is back to direct and pen the script with Christopher Rouse.

Frank Marshall will produce again alongside Jeffrey Weiner for Captivate Entertainment. Greengrass, Damon, Greg Goodman and Ben Smith will also produce, while Rouse and Henry Morrison will serve as executive producers.

Plot details are unknown at this time, though sources say Jones will play a superior officer at the CIA. Edward Norton, Chris Cooper, Brian Cox and David Strathairn have playing similar roles in past “Bourne” movies. Production is expected to begin later this summer. The film will bow on July 29, 2016.

Damon’s three Bourne movies, the first of which was released in 2002, grossed nearly $1 billion worldwide at the box office. Damon last played the iconic role in 2007’s “The Bourne Ultimatum,” and Jeremy Renner stepped into the franchise with 2012’s Tony Gilroy-directed “The Bourne Legacy.”

Jones was last seen in “The Homesman,” which he also wrote and directed, and will appear alongside Kevin Costner in the upcoming thriller “Criminal.”

He is represented by CAA and Jacobson, Russell, Saltz & Fingerman.

Options
Member since Nov 19th 2009
1013 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 12:07 PM

4. "nice"
In response to Reply # 0

luvs me that original Bourne trilogy. I have faith in those two that they'll make this one dope as well.

I wasn't crazy about the Bourne Legacy, but Rachel Weisz, though...

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Wed Jul-29-15 01:17 PM

5. "gotta do something to stop ben's hot streak"
In response to Reply # 0

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44862 posts
Thu Jul-30-15 06:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "How exactly does this stop ben's hot streak"
In response to Reply # 5

How exactly will Damon making a good movie stop Ben from making good movies?

Basaglia
Member since Nov 30th 2004
49463 posts
Thu Jul-30-15 07:57 PM

7. "poor phrasing on my part...he gotta catch up"
In response to Reply # 6

he was way ahead a decade ago. now ben winning.

Steph: I was just fooling about

Kyrie: I wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

j0510
2315 posts
Fri Aug-28-15 08:01 PM

8. "Matt Damon Says The New “Bourne” Movie Is About “A Post-Snowden Wo..."
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/matt-damon-bourne-film-about-post-snowden-world?utm_term=4ldqpia#.neoxbzJq

Matt Damon Says The New “Bourne” Movie Is About “A Post-Snowden World”
Adam B. Vary
posted on Aug. 27, 2015, at 11:04 a.m.

It has been eight years since covert super-soldier Jason Bourne disappeared at the end of 2007’s The Bourne Ultimatum — and it is still the most successful film in Matt Damon’s career. The Bourne Legacy continued the franchise with a new character and a new star (Jeremy Renner) in 2012, but next week, Damon will start production on the fourth film featuring Jason Bourne, due out in July 2016.

“We always looked at those movies as really about the Bush presidency, and so we kind of had to wait for the world to change,” Damon told BuzzFeed News of the lag time between films during an interview about his upcoming movie The Martian. “What does the character have to say?”

To answer that question, the 44-year-old actor said that he and director Paul Greengrass would “revisit the idea” of making another Bourne movie every few years, but it wasn’t until the NSA whistleblowing revelations from Edward Snowden that the duo came up with a new story for Jason Bourne.

“Without giving too much of it away, it’s Bourne through an austerity-riddled Europe and in a post-Snowden world,” Damon said. “It seems like enough has changed, you know? There are all these kinds of arguments about spying and civil liberties and the nature of democracy.” Snowden has become a powerful figure in the debate over security versus privacy, from Washington to Europe to Asia to the Academy Awards. Sen. John McCain even said in 2013 that Snowden was seen by young Americans as “some kind of Jason Bourne.” (This December, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to star as the whistleblower in Snowden, from director Oliver Stone.)

As for the new Bourne film, actors Tommy Lee Jones and Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina) are reportedly joining the cast, and Julia Stiles is set to reprise her role of ex-CIA agent Nicky Parsons, which she’s played since 2002’s The Bourne Identity. But while Damon was reticent to reveal more details about the movie, he did hint that the new film’s exploration of national security and politics in the 21st century would be reflected in the radically different locations that will bookend the film’s story.

“We’re starting in Greece, you know, the beginning of democracy,” he said — also a nod to the country’s current financial crisis that is plaguing the greater European economy. “And the movie ends in Las Vegas, the most grotesque incarnation of….” Damon trailed off with a laugh, content to let others fill in whichever institution they’d most prefer to see Jason Bourne dismantle with just his quick wits and fleet fists.

j0510
2315 posts
Thu Sep-03-15 05:07 PM

9. "Vincent Cassel to Play Villain Opposite Matt Damon in Sequel (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/vincent-cassel-bourne-identity-matt-damon-1201539888/

Vincent Cassel to Play Villain Opposite Matt Damon in Sequel
Justin Kroll
SEPTEMBER 1, 2015 | 12:21PM PT

Vincent Cassel is set to play the villain in the next installment of the Jason Bourne franchise starring Matt Damon.

Alicia Vikander and Tommy Lee Jones are also on board for the project, and Julia Stiles is set to return as well.

Paul Greengrass is back to direct and co-pen the script with Christopher Rouse. Frank Marshall again produces the action-thriller alongside Jeffrey Weiner for Captivate Entertainment. Greengrass, Damon, Greg Goodman and Ben Smith also produce. Rouse and Henry Morrison serve as executive producers.

Plot details are unknown at this time, though sources say Cassel will play an assassin tracking Bourne. Cassel joins the ranks of Clive Owen, Karl Urban and Edgar Ramirez, who played the villains in previous “Bourne” chapters.

Production is expected to begin later this summer. The film will bow on July 29, 2016.

Damon’s three Bourne movies, which began in 2002 and ended in 2007, grossed nearly $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

Cassel is repped by CAA and Agence Adequat and was most recently seen in “Child 44.” He can next be seen in “Partisan,” which is scheduled for release in the U.S. on October 2. Upcoming pics include “Tale of Tales” and “Mon Roi,” both of which premiered at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, and he has completed lensing on “A Movie Life,” “The Great Mystical Circus,” as well as “It’s Only the End of the World.”

xangeluvr
Charter member
9014 posts
Fri Sep-04-15 09:40 AM

10. "RE: dope"
In response to Reply # 9

good choice. also, i like the ideas they are coming up with for the plot from your previous post.

GamerTag and PSN: PokeEmAll

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #688317 Previous topic | Next topic