Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #647734

Subject: "Continuum is Back!! Season 2" Previous topic | Next topic
madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Mon Apr-22-13 09:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Continuum is Back!! Season 2"

This is the Sci fi show that people should be watching.

Not sure the new season is being shown in America yet.
But now that things are established. the season premiere went in with an assassination, revealing future Alec's message to his younger self, and what the outcome of Sonya pulling the gun out on Travis was.

--------
<--------- my cousin
www.richardlouissaint.com
photobloggin' it:
http://blog.richardlouissaint.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
OOh thanks for the heads up... again!
Apr 22nd 2013
Season 1 was very good
Apr 22nd 2013
when is it back, though? have i missed any?
Apr 23rd 2013
hey hey hey with those spoilers
Apr 23rd 2013
june
Apr 23rd 2013
      It's wild that that's
Apr 24th 2013
kinda glad about Travis
Apr 23rd 2013
i'm surprised about roger cross
Apr 23rd 2013
but damn did he have to kill all those folks
Apr 23rd 2013
yeah
Apr 23rd 2013
and i'm still not sure about the drug he needs
Apr 23rd 2013
      RE: and i'm still not sure about the drug he needs
May 01st 2013
i'm in
Apr 23rd 2013
Episode 2
Apr 30th 2013
so have wee been keeping up?
Jul 18th 2013
I'm on US time but enjoying *mild spoilers*
Jul 19th 2013
I'm actually pretty pleased with how this is going *spoiler*
Aug 03rd 2013
im flagging, unless the season ender does something out of
Aug 04th 2013
      i agree that season one is better , but 2 is still damn great *spoiler*
Aug 04th 2013
      Agree that the universe is getting a little large
Aug 05th 2013
      I think a factor in the loss of drive is that *spoiler*
Aug 05th 2013
      i'll have to disagree
Aug 20th 2013
well those last two episodes
Aug 05th 2013
right? Shit's getting MAD complicated.
Aug 05th 2013
Wow that was a GREAT season finale
Aug 05th 2013
TRAVIS!!!!!
Aug 05th 2013
Yooooo
Aug 19th 2013
I love the show. I just hope the show doesnt
Aug 20th 2013
Finale was great but kinda makes it impossible not to jump shark
Aug 31st 2013

lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Mon Apr-22-13 11:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "OOh thanks for the heads up... again!"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm back in
~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

final_prospect82
Member since Mar 21st 2007
1358 posts
Mon Apr-22-13 06:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Season 1 was very good"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm tuning in for season 2.

happiness is a mediocre standard for a middle class existence - S. Williams

I don't not like you because you have dumb ideas about the world, I don't like you because you have other people's dumb ideas about the world. - Rjcc

IceburgSmurf
Member since May 17th 2008
4724 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 04:52 AM

3. "when is it back, though? have i missed any?"
In response to Reply # 0

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 12:41 PM

4. "hey hey hey with those spoilers"
In response to Reply # 0

probably won't hit syfy till the fall but i assume it's on other 'channels'

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Rjcc
Charter member
94968 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 01:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "june"
In response to Reply # 4

http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/rjcc.png

www.engadgethd.com - the other stuff i'm looking at

imcvspl
42239 posts
Wed Apr-24-13 07:53 AM

12. "It's wild that that's"
In response to Reply # 5

one of the few shows i actually sat down and watched when it aired, and enjoyed having a time slot to watch.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 04:21 PM

6. "kinda glad about Travis"
In response to Reply # 0

he was too cute to let go
hopefully he has a good storyline

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 05:03 PM

7. "i'm surprised about roger cross"
In response to Reply # 6

he has that curse with most shows he's in with his life expectancy

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 05:04 PM

8. "but damn did he have to kill all those folks"
In response to Reply # 6

when he woke up
--------
<--------- my cousin
photobloggin' it:

lfresh
92696 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 10:11 PM

11. "yeah"
In response to Reply # 8

thats was a well god damn roger

~~~~
~~~~

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 05:04 PM

9. "and i'm still not sure about the drug he needs "
In response to Reply # 6

is it a soldier thing and those it heal him
--------
<--------- my cousin
photobloggin' it:

lfresh
92696 posts
Wed May-01-13 10:49 AM

14. "RE: and i'm still not sure about the drug he needs "
In response to Reply # 9

>is it a soldier thing and those it heal him

yep

there was an episode about it

they had to manufacture it last time
but since the team is trying to kill him...
~~~~
~~~~

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Tue Apr-23-13 07:19 PM

10. "i'm in"
In response to Reply # 0

twas a damn good episode...i just really wanna know why the old man chose Kiera and what got him started on that dark path in the first place...

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Tue Apr-30-13 11:11 PM

13. "Episode 2"
In response to Reply # 0

Man that chase sequence was well done for a small budget show. we had a helicopter, decoys, and Alec being wooed in yacht. The Flashback/flashfoward gave some answers as to why Travis is so superhuman and what [probably led them to join liber8

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Thu Jul-18-13 02:43 PM

15. "so have wee been keeping up?"
In response to Reply # 0

Poor Government guy. Hey gets killed a lot on shows.
So disrespectful and how come no one has asked where he is?
Hesher's agenda is so cloudy right now.

Alec is such a pawn now. I wonder how much the future is chaning or if they are goign with the paradox deal.

--------
<--------- my cousin
photobloggin' it:

imcvspl
42239 posts
Fri Jul-19-13 09:18 AM

16. "I'm on US time but enjoying *mild spoilers*"
In response to Reply # 15

I think the way Kira is always making it out just in the nick of time is a bit ehhhh. Just saw the episode where the chief got fired and it's like really? A trojan virus in a laptop removes all suspicion. And why did old boy suddenly forget he saw her disappear into thin air?

That said the stage is set for it to get more and more interesting. I just hope they don't keep with these weak points and minor plot holes.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

imcvspl
42239 posts
Sat Aug-03-13 09:15 AM

17. "I'm actually pretty pleased with how this is going *spoiler*"
In response to Reply # 0

Can't front, I thought it would jump shark this season. But I must say I'm still excited for a third season.

That said I really wish there weren't so many lags in plot and characters. It's annoying but in the scheme of things probably par for the course as far as sci fi shows go.

Example of this being the ep i just watched where Kira's about to kill Julian. The fact that she was only thinking twice at the very end just isn't her M.O. I know it was meant to show just how attrocious the act was that even Kira wanted him dead, but her righteous indignation just wasn't believable.

But those factories of chipped workers, that's some ol' future of the Prison Industrial Complex shit. That's what I do like about it, that no matter how far fetched some of it seems, the commentary on today and where it can lead us is good think tank shit.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

IceburgSmurf
4724 posts
Sun Aug-04-13 11:14 AM

18. "im flagging, unless the season ender does something out of "
In response to Reply # 17

leftfield i don't think i'll be back for season 2. Im beginning to assume that the creater had this great story mapped out for season 1 then when season two was comissioned, cobbled together enough plot to keep the whole thing going. As a result this season hasn't felt as cohesive and "driving" as the previous one. I still like the concept but it just feels like each episode is being written in isolation.

Im happy to be proven wrong tho....

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Sun Aug-04-13 05:49 PM

19. "i agree that season one is better , but 2 is still damn great *spoiler*"
In response to Reply # 18

The problem for me is that the story seems too big now....so many factions that it becomes a little less interesting....I hope in season 3 they scale it back a lil more, but the storytelling in both seasons has been great...

Oh, and I don't think dude is Alec's father

"yes, sometimes my rhymes are sexist, but you lovely bitches and hos should know i'm tryin to correct it"- hiphopopotamus

imcvspl
42239 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 01:17 AM

21. "Agree that the universe is getting a little large"
In response to Reply # 19

Escher, frelancers, Travis, Old girl, Old boy that's apparently double crossing old girl. the smart one (investor), and that's just the 'bad' guys from the future. Then you got all the different factions on Kira's side. But it does seem to be setting a stage for 'something'.

I just hope they don't kick themselves in the foot by positing time travel is discovered when the guy gets a piece of the time traveling device from the future, cause that'd be horrible.

All in all though I know that I watch some pretty shitty Sci Fi shows by comparison, so unless they jump shark like that I'll probably see it through.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

imcvspl
42239 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 01:12 AM

20. "I think a factor in the loss of drive is that *spoiler*"

>As
>a result this season hasn't felt as cohesive and "driving" as
>the previous one.

That's because it's not only pretty much clear there ain't no going back to the future, which there was a lot of hold out for in the first season, but even further that 'the future' no longer exists except in their past. So this season seems to be all about how the state of the present and how that came to be from influences past and future.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

final_prospect82
1358 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 08:03 PM

28. "i'll have to disagree"

I think the creator knew what he was doing but for whatever reason (trying to copy other shows success or the studio pressure) I think they're trying to bring in more groups to the story line because of the success of a show like GoT.

I don't not like you because you have dumb ideas about the world, I don't like you because you have other people's dumb ideas about the world. - Rjcc

madwriter
Charter member
12234 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 10:56 AM

22. "well those last two episodes "
In response to Reply # 0

were a dosy. Pacing was pretty good and so was that final sequence in Jason's building.
I'm still not sure what future Alec's intentions are but he seemed to know about the freelancers

-- freelancers are there to protect timeline?
--So present-day ALec went back in time

--------
<--------- my cousin
photobloggin' it:

spades
Member since Mar 22nd 2006
44258 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 01:38 PM

23. "right? Shit's getting MAD complicated."
In response to Reply # 22

I have NO idea WTF Alec is up to.

Get Out The Room!
http://getouttheroom.podomatic.com
@fakewilliamkatt

"You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!" - Olin Miller

IceburgSmurf
4724 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 03:57 PM

24. "Wow that was a GREAT season finale"
In response to Reply # 0

bravo simon barry for making my post up above seem foolish. Im still convinced there has been a lot of unneccessary filler (the season should be 10 eps instead of 13) but everything came together they even referenced why the show is called continuum.

See you next season guys!

Calico
Charter member
24604 posts
Mon Aug-05-13 06:11 PM

25. "TRAVIS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

dammit that was an awesome episode....I wish Kellogg was as smart as he thinks he is though.....

This finale did exactly what it was supposed to do : kicked ass, answered a couple questions, brought in some great new questions, and got me excited for next season...

lfresh
92696 posts
Mon Aug-19-13 07:40 PM

26. "Yooooo"
In response to Reply # 0

I finally caught up and That was worth it

It got murky there for a sec
I'm still wondering what the heck Alec is up to
Alec and his brother are ruining the world with their feud/ideologies
~~~~
~~~~

final_prospect82
1358 posts
Tue Aug-20-13 08:00 PM

27. "I love the show. I just hope the show doesnt"
In response to Reply # 26

try to get to convoluted (read: Lost) in it's plot

imcvspl
42239 posts
Sat Aug-31-13 09:45 PM

29. "Finale was great but kinda makes it impossible not to jump shark"
In response to Reply # 0

LOL!!!

Like you got one motherfucker going back in time a couple of days to save his girlfriend while every other character is in some sort of lockup except the dead motherfucker who is now alive as one of the freelancers.

They say that they are trying to protect the sanctity of time, but we don't quite take them at their word yet because nobody else trusts them, except everyone else is breaking their rules.... and then there's the dead guy who's now one of them.

Only way to explain it which they have been hinting at is to play the parallel times card in which case the dead guy is from another timeline, which Alec is about to jump into where they are going to have to chase him as he saves, because you know he will, his girlfriend creating a weird anomaly. Thing is we should never see them fools locked up again. Ever they should just die in there, it's the only way to play the parallel times thing really, because if Alec comes back through the time machine or is hiding in the corner because he went back to the past and remembered he had to save his friends..... FUCK THAT SHIT!!

I'm all in though. LOL!!

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #647734 Previous topic | Next topic