Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #586586

Subject: "Stupid things you've heard when exiting a movie theater" Previous topic | Next topic
benny
Member since Jan 15th 2003
8436 posts
Sun Oct-30-11 08:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Stupid things you've heard when exiting a movie theater"

this dude was talking to his buddy after seeing "Take Shelter", complaining about the 92 rating on Rotten Tomatoes: "you know dude, RT always adds 20 points when it's an indie. And if it's a documentary, 30 points".

I'm sure we've all heard plenty of these. Makes you wonder sometimes why people decide to go see the movies they do.

------------------------------
For the record, my teams:
MLB: Mets / Soccer: PSG
NCAA BB: Arizona / NCAA FB: Michigan
NBA: Spurs / NFL: Jets

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*Girl in tears* I thought they were all gonna make it!
Oct 30th 2011
Tree of Life.
Nov 01st 2011
I HATE that shit
Nov 02nd 2011
That movie had no plot
Nov 01st 2011
"...did you HAVE to wait until the credits were done?"
Nov 01st 2011
At the end of "Take Shelter," some guy goes, "I waited 90 min for THAT?"
Nov 01st 2011
More funny than stupid...the end of Drive
Nov 02nd 2011
LMAO!
Nov 02nd 2011
I loved the movie but I was a bit sad there wasn't more car chases
Nov 03rd 2011
"I wish Malcolm X would come visit us"
Nov 04th 2011

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23883 posts
Sun Oct-30-11 09:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "*Girl in tears* I thought they were all gonna make it!"
In response to Reply # 0

We were coming out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel, lol.

Another girl coming out of Borat was like "That was SO STUPID, ugh." Lol, bitch, what movie did you come to see? Some life-changing, award-winning documentary?

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

The Analyst
Member since Sep 22nd 2007
4621 posts
Tue Nov-01-11 04:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Tree of Life."
In response to Reply # 0

I saw Tree of Life in a small one-screen theater. They schedule the show times so close together that, right before the showing, the audience has to wait in line outside the door of the auditorium until the previous showing ends, and then the audience from the previous showing files out right next to the people waiting in line.

When the previous audience was leaving and passing my line, there was an irate older couple (late 50s/early 60s) foaming at the mouth and literally going up to just about everyone in the line (strangers) and being very adamant that it was the worst movie they had every seen and that we should all go get our money back while we still could, etc.

I hadn't ever seen anything quite like that before. I know the movie was polarizing, but that was a little extreme, even for Providence RI standards...

----

okaycomputer
Member since Dec 02nd 2002
8090 posts
Wed Nov-02-11 10:12 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "I HATE that shit"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed Nov-02-11 10:15 AM by okaycomputer

I frequent an indie theater in Concord, NH and I hate to generalize, but the middle-to-late aged couples are the worst. I see that shit (though not quite to that extent) all the time.

There isn't a lot of culture in these parts so this theater gets the 'upper-class' NH crowd (ie no flannel). So you get a lot of couples out on the town for the night who really have no knowledge of what they're going to see.

This theater has been a godsend for me and I've seen some great movies there, but it never fails, there is ALWAYS a disgruntled middle-aged couple leaving the theater angry.

Iltigo
Charter member
8609 posts
Tue Nov-01-11 06:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "That movie had no plot"
In response to Reply # 0

pisses me off

b.Touch
Member since Jun 28th 2011
20514 posts
Tue Nov-01-11 06:59 PM

4. ""...did you HAVE to wait until the credits were done?""
In response to Reply # 0

Mole
Charter member
2869 posts
Tue Nov-01-11 07:18 PM

5. "At the end of "Take Shelter," some guy goes, "I waited 90 min for THAT?""
In response to Reply # 0

... I was like, "What the fuck were you expecting?" I mean, it's not even THAT ambiguous of an ending, but some people need every last thing spelled out for them.

(SPOILER) I thought it might end when Michael Shannon opened the door to the basement, and while I personally would've been just as satisfied with that, I could only imagine how upset the guy in front of me would've been if that happened.

___

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v318/75/122/810420595/n810420595_3955028_32.jpg

"You can't imbue awesomeness into something that actually sucks." - Steve Albini

http://www.mpsinger.com
http://twitter.com/mpsinger

kayru99
Member since Jan 26th 2004
16105 posts
Wed Nov-02-11 07:34 AM

6. "More funny than stupid...the end of Drive"
In response to Reply # 0

This teenage kid, dead-ass serious says, "I expected more driving...I'm underwhelmed".

Cracked me and my date up

okaycomputer
Member since Dec 02nd 2002
8090 posts
Wed Nov-02-11 10:13 AM

8. "LMAO!"
In response to Reply # 6

ShinobiShaw
Charter member
48550 posts
Thu Nov-03-11 04:37 PM

9. "I loved the movie but I was a bit sad there wasn't more car chases"
In response to Reply # 6

The one they had was very good tho

<------ Boho Model Madness Presents: Andy Allo

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/2298233/andyallo2-o.gif

http://www.rareformnyc.com
http://djshinobishaw.tumblr.com/
http://twitter.com/DJShinobiShaw
PSN: ShinobiShaw

"Arm Leg Leg Arm How you doin?" (c) T510

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Fri Nov-04-11 01:26 PM

10. ""I wish Malcolm X would come visit us""
In response to Reply # 0

Since 1976

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/e6/c7/e6c7ca608ccfe3b0915675500232d783.jpg

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #586586 Previous topic | Next topic