Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #578141

Subject: ""NOOOOOO!!!!!!!" (c) Vader. This time, in Return of the Jedi (SWIPE)" Previous topic | Next topic
mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44720 posts
Wed Aug-31-11 06:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
""NOOOOOO!!!!!!!" (c) Vader. This time, in Return of the Jedi (SWIPE)"

Links to the altered scenes can be find in the link.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2011/08/31/star-wars-blu-ray-audio-changes-darth-vader-lucasfilms/

Lucasfilm Confirms That the Star Wars Darth Vader and Ben Kenobi Blu-ray Changes are True

Lucasfilm has confirmed to Moviefone that the rumors floating around the Internet concering dialogue spoken by Darth Vader in 'Return of the Jedi' and Ben Kenobi on the orignal 'Star Wars' is accurate -- so, yes, expect a little more Darth Vader when the Star Wars Blu-rays hit shelves on Sept. 16. Not everyone is pleased.

Last week, we made a wish list of deleted scenes from the Star Wars original trilogy that we'd like to see included on the new Blu-ray release. Now comes news that the Blu-ray will in fact include material that was not included in past Star Wars releases -- not only in the form of deleted scenes, but also in the form of altered audio and dialogue.

The focus of the Internet seems to be on two added scenes in particular: Ben Kenobi in the original 'Star Wars' (or, 'A New Hope,' if you must), and Darth Vader in 'Return of the Jedi.'

In an early scene from 'Star Wars,' we first meet Ben Kenobi when he saves Luke Skywalker from a Tusken Raider (or Sand People) attack by emulating a sound that is made by a Krayyt Dragon. Apparently Tusken Raiders do not like Krayyt Dragons, so they flee. In the Blu-ray version, the sound that Kenobi makes has changed drastically (video via Slashfilm).

In 2005's 'Revenge of the Sith,' the newly minted Darth Vader -- having just learned that the love of his life, Padme, had perished -- released a bellowing "Noooooo!" that Star Wars fans were, well, less than thrilled about. So much so that, in terms of vitriol, the line comes just short of the infamous "Han shoots first" fiasco from the 'Star Wars: Special Edition' from 1997.

Now, confirmed by Lucasfilm, at the end of 'Return of the Jedi,' Vader unleashes another -- but not nearly as overdramatic -- "Noo!" as he saves Luke from The Emperor's wrath.

So, yes, audio changes related to Luke Skywalker being saved in some capacity seems to be the trend. No word yet on any audio changes for the other three times Luke's life is saved during The Original Trilogy. (We are only partially kidding.)

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
that's not as bad as Christensen injected in there though
Aug 31st 2011
originals or i won't cop. period.
Sep 01st 2011
i dont care if you hate, but
Sep 02nd 2011
wow
Sep 02nd 2011
I think Ep III was the best in the series.
Sep 14th 2011
you need to quit smoking that shit
Sep 14th 2011
Ep III > Empire > Star Wars.
Sep 14th 2011
this is literally the first time ive ever heard of someone feeling this ...
Oct 22nd 2011
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr9tl1U0Rg1qzmowao1_400.jpg
Sep 13th 2011
Leaked screen shot of added scene!
Oct 20th 2011

Selah
Member since Jun 05th 2002
16484 posts
Wed Aug-31-11 06:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "that's not as bad as Christensen injected in there though"
In response to Reply # 0

yet still very much in the "why dog why" bucket

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Thu Sep-01-11 09:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "originals or i won't cop. period."
In response to Reply # 0

lexx3001
Charter member
9211 posts
Fri Sep-02-11 09:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "i dont care if you hate, but"
In response to Reply # 0

just make a new trilogy
I didn't grow up with star wars and i like the last 3 alot better. I think people hold a grudge because of nostalgia.

Stay strong

Lexx

iamlexx.com
newvintagegroup.com
aim: lexx3001

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Fri Sep-02-11 01:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "wow"
In response to Reply # 3

Bruce Belafonte
Member since Jan 14th 2008
31999 posts
Wed Sep-14-11 03:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I think Ep III was the best in the series."
In response to Reply # 3

III, IV, and V were my favorites.

http://youtu.be/5o37GORoKUQ

#htpw

BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Wed Sep-14-11 04:08 AM

7. "you need to quit smoking that shit"
In response to Reply # 6

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Wed Sep-14-11 10:57 AM

8. "Ep III > Empire > Star Wars."
In response to Reply # 6

^ yeah.

fuck you.

woe.is.me.
Member since Aug 06th 2007
13957 posts
Sat Oct-22-11 06:29 PM

10. "this is literally the first time ive ever heard of someone feeling this ..."
In response to Reply # 3

>i like the last 3 alot

---
www.ikirejones.com
FW16: After Migration.

Mynoriti
Charter member
38821 posts
Tue Sep-13-11 07:09 PM

5. "http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr9tl1U0Rg1qzmowao1_400.jpg"
In response to Reply # 0

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr9tl1U0Rg1qzmowao1_400.jpg

Pinko_Panther
Member since Dec 11th 2002
11808 posts
Thu Oct-20-11 08:57 PM

9. "Leaked screen shot of added scene! "
In response to Reply # 0

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/313000_294930650536395_205344452828349_1134002_149809220_n.jpg

"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #578141 Previous topic | Next topic