Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3045434

Subject: "Release for 1987 KMD demo track called "The Therapist" got nixed (4 now)..." Previous topic | Next topic
normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Tue Feb-27-24 07:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Release for 1987 KMD demo track called "The Therapist" got nixed (4 now)..."

A friend of mine sent me a link to a youtube video and kickstarter page where someone was trying to raise funds for a wax and mp3 release of this 1987 KMD demo track. He said it sounded good. By the time I got to it all the links were gone. Apparently Doom sent his sentinels to stop that real quick.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2051382889/kmd-mf-doom-unreleased-track-the-therapist-1987

They messed up by trying to sell this track without consulting the estate. Just put it out there on youtube/mp3 for free and be done with it. They also messed up by trying to make it a limited release. In general I am not feeling these artificial scarcity limited release things. AND the price point was hella high at 50 uk pounds, Ideally with all parties on board the kickstarter should given everybody a chance who wanted one to get one a a decent price point.

Hopefully this track (and if they exisit others from that era) get a proper release sometime in the future.

I always wondered what KMD pre 3rd Bass and pre Mr. Hood sounded like.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #3045434 Previous topic | Next topic