Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3011575

Subject: "Listened to Grief Pedigree, this morning" Previous topic | Next topic
Dstl1
Charter member
56221 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 10:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Listened to Grief Pedigree, this morning"

it had been a couple of years, easy, since I played it. I remember I didn't care too much for The Night's Gambit, so I think I sort of cooled on Ka, in general. GEEZ!!! Grief Pedigree is SO good. It all came back to me. Just a really, really good album. Definitely throwing it back into the immediate rotation.
My favorite song, Iron Age was even better than I remembered. One of the best rap choruses, ever and Roc absolutely demolished the track. Here was a cool quote I read from Ka about making that song:

"That was another upbeat track. When I found it, I said to Roc yo I like this. He said yo it’s cold. I don’t really like doing songs with people I don’t really know. So Roc he’s like one of my good friends. So I asked if he wanted to get on it and he heard it and said this is right up my alley. He was excited about getting on it. I got a really good friend, that’s one of the best in the game, that I can say, “Yo son, I need you on the album. It was also a show of what is to come. I wanted to show people, because a lot of people didn’t really feel me on “We do it.” I didn’t want to be the weak link in Confucius. I wanted to do my share on the Metal Clergy, so I wanted people to see that we have a good chemistry and that I bring something to the table too. That’s just a preview. So you got a preview on Marcberg and you gotta preview on Grief Pedigree. But I just wanted people to know and expect that when you hear us, you gonna get some good hip hop.

We recorded our verses together at the same time. You know, I’m from an older time, I don’t really like doing internet recording. It makes the collaboration more harmonious. I don’t want contrasting styles, or to be competing with another guy on the same track to see who can outshine the other. I don’t approach music like that. Fans do that. They might say “Oh you got him on that track” or “Damn, he got you there.” To me, we’re making music, that’s like saying what’s better the snare or the kick, you know? The product has to be harmonious, I don’t want competing or contrasting styles on an album. You might get to great verses that way, but you won’t get a great song."

...I'm from the era when A.I. was the answer, now they think ai is the answer - Marlon Craft

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
*adds to queue*
Nov 16th 2018
I feel about KA
Nov 16th 2018
I feel the same about KA and Roc
Nov 16th 2018
Bumped it non-stop when it dropped. Need to give it another listen
Nov 16th 2018
KA >>>>>every rapper
Nov 23rd 2018

infin8
Charter member
10401 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 11:04 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "*adds to queue*"
In response to Reply # 0

can't say I've bent my ear to any of his joints aside from the Roc collabs. I DID like him on Marci Beaucoup tho. The bars got layers.

IG: amadu_me

"...Whateva, man..." (c) Redman

Stadiq
Member since Dec 21st 2005
4872 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 11:48 AM

2. "I feel about KA"
In response to Reply # 0

The way most feel about Roc

He can do no wrong at this point, and makes
far better music than Roc to me.

Like, it’s not even close. I keep trying with Roc,
and each time I’m left scratching my head at
what folks get so hyped for...

But since this album KA has been THAT dude
to me. It’s been a minute since I gave it a spin
though time to que it up

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 02:22 PM

4. "I feel the same about KA and Roc"
In response to Reply # 2

First album was dope, nothing after really grabbed me.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

mrhood75
Member since Dec 06th 2004
44709 posts
Fri Nov-16-18 12:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "Bumped it non-stop when it dropped. Need to give it another listen"
In response to Reply # 0

I've been spending so much time listening to his and Roc Marci's "children" and Roc and Ka's latest stuff that I've forgotten to revisit the albums that created this whole movement.

"Decisions" is one of my favorite tracks of the '00s.

-----------------

www.albumism.com

Checkin' Our Style, Return To Zero:

https://www.mixcloud.com/returntozero/

IsaIsaIsa
Member since May 01st 2008
5862 posts
Fri Nov-23-18 09:03 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "KA >>>>>every rapper"
In response to Reply # 0

www.Tupreme.com

Lobby The Lesson topic #3011575 Previous topic | Next topic