Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3011436

Subject: "Creed II: The Album curated and produced by Mike WiLL Made-It." Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Mon Nov-12-18 01:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Creed II: The Album curated and produced by Mike WiLL Made-It."

https://pitchfork.com/news/kendrick-bon-iver-vince-staples-more-on-creed-ii-soundtrack/

Mike WiLL Made-It is the executive producer behind the soundtrack for Creed II, the sequel to 2015’s Rocky reboot Creed. The soundtrack is a collaborative effort between Mike WiLL Made-It, Creed II composer Lugwig Göransson, and music supervisors Jen Malone and Fam Rothstein. The tracklist includes Kendick Lamar, Bon Iver, Vince Staples, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Tessa Thompson on a track with Gunna, and much more. Find it below.

Of his time working on the soundtrack, Mike WiLL Made-It said in a statement:

There was a time where movie soundtracks had people just as excited as an artist’s album, and that’s the feeling I was going for when creating this project alongside Ludwig Göransson and Fam Rothstein. After people hear the music, I want them to say movie soundtracks are back. I approached the music by first watching Creed II and then creating a playlist of songs people could work out to, chill to, vibe to or to get them through any struggle which matched specific scenes in the movie. It’s important to show the new generation that soundtracks can be just as exciting as traditional albums if put in the hands of the right curator...

Lugwig Göransson recently scored the Marvel blockbuster Black Panther, which had a soundtrack curated by Kendrick Lamar. Mike WiLL Made-It produced a joint track by the late Lil Peep and late, controversial rapper XXXTentacion.

Read “How Black Panther Composer Ludwig Göransson Found the Sound of Wakanda” over on the Pitch.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Interesting
Nov 13th 2018
RE: Creed II: The Album curated and produced by Mike WiLL Made-It.
Nov 13th 2018
LOL @ curated. Bury that term, already
Nov 17th 2018
right? the names on that tracklist made me puke
Nov 18th 2018
Can we get someone to pay Just Blaze to do this PLEASE?
Nov 17th 2018
It's solid.
Nov 24th 2018

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Tue Nov-13-18 12:32 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Interesting"
In response to Reply # 0

I guess Black Panther not only made its mark within the movie industry but in music as well.

The BP soundtrack didn't get a lot of burn from me but the songs, that did make their way into the movie, worked well. Hopefully we'll get the same from the Creed soundtrack.

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57004 posts
Tue Nov-13-18 10:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "RE: Creed II: The Album curated and produced by Mike WiLL Made-It."
In response to Reply # 0

>The tracklist
>includes Kendick Lamar, Bon Iver, Vince Staples, Lil Wayne,
>Nicki Minaj, Tessa Thompson on a track with Gunna, and much
>more.

pass

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Sat Nov-17-18 12:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "LOL @ curated. Bury that term, already"
In response to Reply # 0

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Sun Nov-18-18 09:08 AM

5. "right? the names on that tracklist made me puke"
In response to Reply # 3

phemom
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
5129 posts
Sat Nov-17-18 04:04 PM

4. "Can we get someone to pay Just Blaze to do this PLEASE?"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel like Just would make an amazing soundtrack album.

As for this one, if you like Mike Will's sound at all then there's no much to hate. Having a bunch of Travis helps....

phemom's the name, all-star writer/
searching 4 journalistic fame, mindframe igniter....www.twitter.com/hayabusaage

bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8614 posts
Sat Nov-24-18 08:18 PM

6. "It's solid."
In response to Reply # 0

Flows nicely together.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Lobby The Lesson topic #3011436 Previous topic | Next topic