Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3011377

Subject: "Thundercat (feat. BADBADNOTGOOD & Flying Lotus) - 'King of the Hill'" Previous topic | Next topic
Crash Bandacoot
Member since May 13th 2003
10114 posts
Sat Nov-10-18 07:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Thundercat (feat. BADBADNOTGOOD & Flying Lotus) - 'King of the Hill'"
Sat Nov-10-18 07:47 PM by Crash Bandacoot

https://youtu.be/7EyMG2VX8TQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
i really wanted to like this more than i did
Nov 11th 2018
Needs more meat on its bones.
Mar 02nd 2020
Whole album leaked
Mar 02nd 2020
Yeah, I downloaded it last night.
Mar 02nd 2020
I think I wanted this to be more uptempo....but not a bad track
Mar 02nd 2020
is this different from the Brainfeeder X version? I love that song
Mar 02nd 2020

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6506 posts
Sun Nov-11-18 04:38 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "i really wanted to like this more than i did"
In response to Reply # 0

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 03:39 PM

2. "Needs more meat on its bones."
In response to Reply # 0

Just as the track entices me, it ends so abruptly. I wonder if this track was ever performed live with BadBadNotGood and Thundercat together since there's room for them both fleshing the track out.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

dustin
Member since Feb 21st 2004
4006 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 03:44 PM

3. "Whole album leaked"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Mar-02-20 03:57 PM by dustin

Even though it's shorter than Drunk it feels like it has more filler tracks. And the features are the highlights.

I feel like the best Thundercat album is going to be the one where he blends his live show strong suits with his recorded material...

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 04:00 PM

5. "Yeah, I downloaded it last night."
In response to Reply # 3

I resisted posting about the leak because I want to show support for the dude and not publicize it being out there.

I don't agree about the features being the strong suits, but I do agree that hopefully his future albums will flesh out the recorded material a lot more. I was left wanting more on more than one occasion; the second portion of the very last track is a perfect encapsulation of this.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

CherNic
Member since Aug 18th 2005
37156 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 03:54 PM

4. "I think I wanted this to be more uptempo....but not a bad track"
In response to Reply # 0

Dr Claw
Member since Jun 25th 2003
132212 posts
Mon Mar-02-20 04:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "is this different from the Brainfeeder X version? I love that song"
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby The Lesson topic #3011377 Previous topic | Next topic