Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3009867

Subject: "Little Brother performing in Durham!!!???" Previous topic | Next topic
DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18639 posts
Sat Sep-29-18 04:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Little Brother performing in Durham!!!???"

Both Pooh and Phonte just tweeted/IG’d the news. Really happy to see that.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Royce missed his flight...
Sep 29th 2018
WOW.
Sep 29th 2018
thanks for info, cool to hear they rocked together on stage again
Oct 01st 2018
video
Sep 29th 2018
I’m happy and mad at the same damn time.
Sep 30th 2018
pretty much
Sep 30th 2018
Honestly, why did they break up again? Someone rehash?
Oct 01st 2018
9th was no longer in the group around 2006-07
Oct 01st 2018
RE: Honestly, why did they break up again? Someone rehash?
Oct 01st 2018
RE: Honestly, why did they break up again? Someone rehash?
Oct 01st 2018
I love this for Durham
Oct 02nd 2018
I appreciate the Durmness of your post.
Oct 03rd 2018
I was able to grab about 10 minutes on instalive...hopefully...
Oct 02nd 2018
fam in NC sent this to me that night and i didnt believe it!!!
Oct 03rd 2018

Sleepy
Charter member
6947 posts
Sat Sep-29-18 08:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Royce missed his flight..."
In response to Reply # 0

Little Brother ain't a bad plan B. They put their set together in 3 hours. Over a decade since they rocked together. But they put it down.

You're such pests...now, what is it you want? In your depths of your ignorance, what is it you want? Well, whatever it is you want, I can't deliver because I just don't see it. - Orson Welles

Never Tired, Always Sleepy

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Sat Sep-29-18 09:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "WOW."
In response to Reply # 1

>RE: Royce missed his flight...
>Little Brother ain't a bad plan B. They put their set
>together in 3 hours. Over a decade since they rocked
>together. But they put it down.

Wish I lived there to see this.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

DJR
18639 posts
Mon Oct-01-18 03:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "thanks for info, cool to hear they rocked together on stage again"
In response to Reply # 1

ne_atl
Charter member
18873 posts
Sat Sep-29-18 09:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "video"
In response to Reply # 0

https://twitter.com/DurhamNC/status/1046205477221281792

Pamalama
Charter member
1687 posts
Sun Sep-30-18 09:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "I’m happy and mad at the same damn time."
In response to Reply # 0

Happy they’re together, mad I missed it.

Ray_Snill
Charter member
16839 posts
Sun Sep-30-18 10:34 PM

5. "pretty much"
In response to Reply # 4

<=========================================
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/PYzh4v9cSf4FDnq3yMQyqNqh79o=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4079674/jlio.0.gif

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17897 posts
Mon Oct-01-18 08:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "Honestly, why did they break up again? Someone rehash? "
In response to Reply # 0

All I remember is after the Minstrel show, there was some unspoken about beef. They put out Leftback. 9th went his own way. Phonte went his own way and did his thing with Foreign Exchange. Pooh put out a couple joints.

Then I could swear I saw some Phonte feat. 9th, or 9th feat. Phonte tracks pop up here and there, but no mention of Big Pooh. So was Pooh the odd man out at some point?

I really kinda need some clarity.

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

DJR
18639 posts
Mon Oct-01-18 09:26 AM

7. "9th was no longer in the group around 2006-07"
In response to Reply # 6

GetBack came out in 2007 and it was just Phonte and Pooh. 9th did one track though (Breakin’ My Heart).

They seemed to focus on their own things after that, though they put out LeftBack as the last album in 2010.

And yeah, after that Phonte and 9th started working together again on the solo albums they both put out in 2011.

I don’t know that any of them have ever really spoken on specific issues. Seems like there’s probably certain difficulties that every single group ever goes through though.

upUPNorth
Member since Oct 12th 2005
1695 posts
Mon Oct-01-18 12:30 PM

8. "RE: Honestly, why did they break up again? Someone rehash? "
In response to Reply # 6

This is mostly inference, but I remember this Big Dho interview quite some time after it all happened, not really about the breakup, but talking about how he was pretty much done with 9th after some severe car accident happened involving the 'old crew' and there only being a tweet from 9th in acknowledgement, not even a phone call. Seems like at some point it may have just become a case of people being in different places in their lives, successful or otherwise, and valuing different things out of what they consider friends and maybe some lines being drawn as a result (kind of on some 'how many people do you still know from College?' type thing).

---------------------
Obviously White

seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6529 posts
Mon Oct-01-18 04:00 PM

10. "RE: Honestly, why did they break up again? Someone rehash? "
In response to Reply # 6

They’ve (commendably) kept quiet about the details of internal clashing, but Phonte’s verse on this bid probably the most direct musical reference on the subject:

https://youtu.be/lYtuR_0VzZ4

www.twitter.com/seandammit

kevb
Charter member
16580 posts
Tue Oct-02-18 07:08 AM

11. "I love this for Durham"
In response to Reply # 0

To be in Pinhook getting ready for Keyon Harrold when the MC asked the crowd if was excited about seeing Little Brother at the DBAP, the crowd being confused, and the endless group texts I received 5 minutes after the announcement confirming the just announced show.

My wife and I had just walked past Rapsody and 9th chilling on the corner of Cocoran and Main before walking in the club and in 90 minutes we would be witnessing the reunion show of Little Brother. Not only the reunion show, but center stage in the ball park they posed in front of back in 2004. I was happy it happened for them in the city that birthed the group. Good weekend to be in the Bull City.

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Wed Oct-03-18 05:36 AM

13. "I appreciate the Durmness of your post."
In response to Reply # 11

The best thing about AOC (and Moogfest for that matter) is that all of the venues are spread out just enough so people aren't sandwiched into one space but close enough that you can walk everywhere.

I hate that I couldn't make Art of Cool this year. I got to see Little Brother in Chapel Hill years ago and I always hoped they'd at least do a reunion show like this. After Phonte hit his stride with Foreign Exchange I just assumed we'd never see Little Brother together again.

ChampD1012
Member since Sep 27th 2003
8355 posts
Tue Oct-02-18 08:04 PM

12. "I was able to grab about 10 minutes on instalive...hopefully..."
In response to Reply # 0

somebody has the full set...

sucks that i don't live in the carolinas anymore...

2 hours before set time and they pulled it off...like they haven't missed a beat...

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57006 posts
Wed Oct-03-18 02:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "fam in NC sent this to me that night and i didnt believe it!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

...any chance we get a proper 3rd LB record???

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

Lobby The Lesson topic #3009867 Previous topic | Next topic