Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3008743

Subject: "electric wizard" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Tue Sep-04-18 04:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"electric wizard"

I am really digging some of these guys tracks... others are meh.. and overall too much is too much and gets played the hell out like anything....but say throw on.. the wizard in black.. and you've got just that right sound for that right moment.

anyway.. another wood post for the few doomsters round here that already know I guess.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Dopethrone is a personal classic
Sep 04th 2018
RE: Dopethrone is a personal classic
Sep 07th 2018

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Tue Sep-04-18 07:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Dopethrone is a personal classic"
In response to Reply # 0

>I am really digging some of these guys tracks... others are
>meh.. and overall too much is too much and gets played the
>hell out like anything....but say throw on.. the wizard in
>black.. and you've got just that right sound for that right
>moment.
>
>anyway.. another wood post for the few doomsters round here
>that already know I guess.

Played it when it came out and couldn’t get into it (was really into noise/hardcore at the time).

Revisited it a few years ago and was blown away. They are hit and miss at time but them hits...whew.

As far as new doom shit, Thou dropped an absolute monster of uncut hatred. Plus considering the world today there’s something about hardcore lefties bringing in the anger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aGuuMEQx68

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Fri Sep-07-18 03:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: Dopethrone is a personal classic"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri Sep-07-18 03:19 PM by PG

>Played it when it came out and couldn’t get into it (was
>really into noise/hardcore at the time).
>

this was me with most doom.. like when I first heard High on Fire.. I was like meh to much metal cheese.. but dam that stuff grew on me...

I have a thing where like cowbell I feel that what most bands lack is the right amount of Lemmy... High on Fire might be the only band that actually has pretty much enough Lemmy.

speaking of noise/hardcore going to catch METZ next Friday.. should be good... they rip it up imo.

>Revisited it a few years ago and was blown away. They are hit
>and miss at time but them hits...whew.
>

Yeah very hit and miss but like you say.. them hits! *drools*

>As far as new doom shit, Thou dropped an absolute monster of
>uncut hatred. Plus considering the world today there’s
>something about hardcore lefties bringing in the anger.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aGuuMEQx68

I really dig the second half of that... not enough Lemmy though... lol.. honestly I lean a little more towards instrumental groups.. been really digging the bongripper lately.. went to their show a month or two ago and discovered YOB the vocals bug after a while but the band has a huge sound... was freaking awesome live and the records I copped have been getting a lot of play since... other than that looking forward to Windhand's next album dropping soon...

Thanks for playing knew I could count on you and/or helborg to make an appearance.

Lobby The Lesson topic #3008743 Previous topic | Next topic