Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3008089

Subject: "Aretha Franklin Not Doing Well" Previous topic | Next topic
Soletaker
Charter member
2958 posts
Mon Aug-13-18 07:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Aretha Franklin Not Doing Well"

It's not looking good.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-2018-aretha-franklin-gravely-ill-and-1534170530-htmlstory.html

7:57 a.m.
Music
Celebrity

By Libby Hill

Aretha Franklin 'gravely ill' and surrounded by loved ones

Aretha Franklin in 2011.

Aretha Franklin in 2011. (Paul Sancya / Associated Press)

Aretha Franklin, one of the most popular and influential musicians of all time, is “gravely ill,” according to WDIV Local 4 in Detroit, her hometown.

On Monday morning, the outlet reported that the 76-year-old singer was requesting prayers in the face of her unspecified illness.

Veteran journalist Roland S. Martin also took to Twitter on Monday to confirm the Queen of Soul’s illness, saying that he’s known of her failing health for months and reporting that she is currently surrounded by loved ones.

Franklin announced her retirement in an interview with WDIV in February 2017, in which she talked about a new album, which has yet to be released.

“This will be my last year," she said of touring. "I will be recording, but this will be my last year in concert. This is it.”

In November, a fragile-looking Franklin sang at the Elton John AIDS Foundation New York Fall Gala, her final public performance to date.

TMZ alleged on Monday that the artist is suffering from cancer.

Representatives for Franklin did not immediately respond to The Times’ request for comment Monday morning.

--------

Mixcloud - www.mixcloud.com/Soultaker/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Very sad to hear this. n/m
Aug 14th 2018
It seems that she's surrounded by loved ones
Aug 14th 2018

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14014 posts
Tue Aug-14-18 12:54 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Very sad to hear this. n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Tue Aug-14-18 02:54 PM

2. "It seems that she's surrounded by loved ones"
In response to Reply # 0

Hopefully that means they're all able to get closure.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Lobby The Lesson topic #3008089 Previous topic | Next topic