Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3008038

Subject: "Minaj - Queen" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Fri Aug-10-18 11:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Minaj - Queen"

https://www.vibe.com/2018/08/nicki-minaj-drops-queen-album-stream/

uh, I checked the clips in that link.

uh.......sounds up to par for a major release.

So.....sounds like she's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Cardi.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
why are you pitting women against each other right off the bat?
Aug 10th 2018
eh....it was going to come up... that's the way it is
Aug 10th 2018
      yep, that is the way it is. have fun. n/m
Aug 10th 2018
i kind of like nicki
Aug 10th 2018
Random thoughts.
Aug 11th 2018
she's such a corny rapper
Aug 16th 2018
shes definitely corny
Aug 16th 2018
This is kinda the best way to describe her IMO.
Aug 16th 2018
Despite her corniness, she' still one of the best rappers
Aug 17th 2018
she’s like a girl Ludacris
Aug 18th 2018

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Fri Aug-10-18 12:01 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "why are you pitting women against each other right off the bat? "
In response to Reply # 0

that's very lame and very corny. are you listening to this album to be able to compare and shit talk ? or are you a fan of either? or do you just like to kick it in the peanut gallery being contrarian? what is the value or use of you starting a conversation thread with a "woman versus woman" frame right off the bat?

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Fri Aug-10-18 12:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "eh....it was going to come up... that's the way it is"
In response to Reply # 1

eh

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Fri Aug-10-18 12:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "yep, that is the way it is. have fun. n/m"
In response to Reply # 2

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Fri Aug-10-18 03:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "i kind of like nicki"
In response to Reply # 0

she definitely has a lot of corny stuff but her style and flow have always been nice to me. i dont like streams so i havent checked it out yet but definitely looking forward to it. not expecting to love it but hopefully theres a couple of tracks to keep on rotation.

phemom
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
5129 posts
Sat Aug-11-18 11:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Random thoughts."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Aug-11-18 12:01 PM by phemom

- A long time ago Nicki said that this album was gonna sound like her older mixtape stuff....and for the most part it actually does. Most of this sounds like a DJ Holiday mixtape, only thing missing is OJ da Juiceman and Gucci features.

- Most of the singles are skips. When Nicki makes records about relationships it always seems inauthentic...like she doesn't really wanna rap about what's on her mind. It really shows up on the Weeknd record.

-I think we've killed doing Three-6-Mafia remakes (Hard White). Let's find a new OG to imitate...I wonder if it's weird for Juicy-J considering that he's still around and people still jocking his style from almost 20 years ago?

-So good to hear Foxy Brown again. Hopefully she can find the balance between the Trini & BK and give it another go....I think NY producers new & old would be lining up to give Fox good production. Coco Chanelle should've had Lil' Kim on it too.

-Her Dreams remake is just like BIGs and when Ms Jade did one, it's funny the first time you hear it....corny if you ever hear it twice.

-Come See About Me is on the only non-single that I'd consider bad.

-Sir is so out of place....I know that doesn't matter because streaming and no one cares about doing a tracklist right but still.

-Overall if you fucks with Nicki this is a good album. Knowing that most people will cut the fat there's still another 8-10 songs that will prolly stick for it. To be honest I expected a brick, and it's not at all.

phemom's the name, all-star writer/
searching 4 journalistic fame, mindframe igniter....www.twitter.com/hayabusaage

Small Pro
Member since Apr 06th 2006
12593 posts
Thu Aug-16-18 11:39 AM

6. "she's such a corny rapper"
In response to Reply # 0

i don't know if she's always been like that, this was my first Nicki album in a while, but sheesh

That being said, i liked "queen"! i turned it on bc i read a pretty bad review of it on DJBooth.com and I was like ok i may as well check this out for myself. I like the beats on there, too...nicki might be corny but she's not wack and seems to accidentally make bangers from time to time. This album is actually kinda traditional and rappity for such a mainstream, high profile artist

--------------------------------------
https://smallprofessor.bandcamp.com

mista k5
Member since Feb 01st 2006
16414 posts
Thu Aug-16-18 11:46 AM

7. "shes definitely corny"
In response to Reply # 6

i think her style is pretty unique and she is pretty good at rapping. thats enough to keep me interested.

some of her song choices are thuds. her content is very repetitive. her songs that are good are fun to listen to though.

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Thu Aug-16-18 10:03 PM

8. "This is kinda the best way to describe her IMO."
In response to Reply # 6

>nicki might be corny but she's not wack and seems to
>accidentally make bangers from time to time.

Couldn't put it any better.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Shaun Tha Don
Member since Nov 19th 2005
18289 posts
Fri Aug-17-18 08:00 PM

9. "Despite her corniness, she' still one of the best rappers"
In response to Reply # 6

of this current era.

nicki might be corny but she's not wack and seems to
>accidentally make bangers from time to time. This album is
>actually kinda traditional and rappity for such a mainstream,
>high profile artist

Rest In Peace, Bad News Brown

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18387 posts
Sat Aug-18-18 08:27 AM

10. "she’s like a girl Ludacris"
In response to Reply # 6

Lobby The Lesson topic #3008038 Previous topic | Next topic