Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3006466

Subject: "I'm was left very underwhelmed by Nas, Black Thought, 9th, &..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
81 DUN
Member since Feb 10th 2009
1674 posts
Sat Jun-16-18 03:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I'm was left very underwhelmed by Nas, Black Thought, 9th, &..."
Sat Jun-16-18 03:15 PM by 81 DUN

I was excited for all these albums. But the music felt hollow to me. Both Black Tought and Nas didn't really bring it. I Knowing what they're capable of I expected a solid performance. There was not heat on any of these songs very Luke warm. That Slick Rick sample I felt was lazy as fuck. People going crazy over it but I'm like that didn't take much effort to do a track like that... seemed like an easy grab. I know I'll get shitted on for my view but I just disappointing when you think you're going to have something to listen to this year and it doesn't turn out that way. I liked Twofifteen and 9th vs Thought

Printer-friendly copy | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That’s because your an alias and like wack shit
Jun 16th 2018
Nas a slow burner
Jun 16th 2018

Anonymous
Charter member
23225 posts
Sat Jun-16-18 03:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "That’s because your an alias and like wack shit"
In response to Reply # 0

go mack
Member since May 02nd 2008
4020 posts
Sat Jun-16-18 03:28 PM

2. "Nas a slow burner"
In response to Reply # 0

at least for me. Get blazed and ride around with it a while and it grew on me. The official album is mixed a little better too. Simple Life is like Life is like a dice game 2018. I'm not mad at this at all now.

Lobby The Lesson topic #3006466 Previous topic | Next topic