Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3005913

Subject: "Stevie Wonder thinks Prince is greater than Michael Jackson" Previous topic | Next topic
tapedeck
Member since Dec 27th 2004
6785 posts
Sun Jun-03-18 08:56 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Stevie Wonder thinks Prince is greater than Michael Jackson"

LOL. NAWP! https://hypebeast.com/2016/5/stevie-wonder-prince-michael-jackson

Bumpin in the STEREO:
Gladys Knight&The Pips
Mtume-Juicy Fruit
Sandra St. Victor-Sanctuary
N'Dambi-Air Castle

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
his hair was being tugged on too tight to say that
Jun 03rd 2018
Except Stevie didn't say that at all. Straight up clickbait.
Jun 03rd 2018
LOL. How else would you interpret
Jun 04th 2018
      As him not wanting to disrespect either of them by giving them the same
Jun 04th 2018

mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Sun Jun-03-18 08:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "his hair was being tugged on too tight to say that"
In response to Reply # 0

because its not true at all,IMO. I respect Prince however naw he ain't seeing the KANG OF Music.i love Stevie wonder however naw.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14016 posts
Sun Jun-03-18 11:46 PM

2. "Except Stevie didn't say that at all. Straight up clickbait."
In response to Reply # 0

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

shockzilla
Charter member
37800 posts
Mon Jun-04-18 03:15 AM

3. "LOL. How else would you interpret"
In response to Reply # 2
Mon Jun-04-18 03:16 AM by shockzilla

"If Michael was the King of Pop, Prince should be the Emperor"?

Boogie Stimuli
Member since Sep 24th 2010
14016 posts
Mon Jun-04-18 06:25 AM

4. "As him not wanting to disrespect either of them by giving them the same"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon Jun-04-18 06:27 AM by Boogie Stimuli

title.

I think people are looking at this in the sense that Emperors rule empires while Kings rule independent states within said Empire (even though there have been Kings who did both). The problem with that interpretation is that Pop is one type or "state" of music. If one is the Emperor and the other is the King of one state, they're just co-rulers of the state. He'd only be saying Prince was greater if he said "If MJ was the King of Pop, then Prince should be the Emperor of music." Also, I just don't think Stevie would say "Prince was greater than Michael." Knowing Stevie's love for and relationship with Michael, he'd have to say those words for me to think that's what he meant. Given the context, the most I'll give it is that he meant Prince did more than Michael... which I think even MJ's biggest fans would agree with given the number of instruments Prince played. Stevie's talking about business, individuality, and artistic freedom too tho. I also think he was just being the deeply emotional poet that he is and heaping high praise on a friend... just my opinion tho.

~
~
~
~
~
Days like this I miss Sha Mecca

Lobby The Lesson topic #3005913 Previous topic | Next topic