Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3003604

Subject: "where you come down on Brandy's career?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Wed Apr-04-18 11:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"where you come down on Brandy's career?"

she has done a bit of everything and she did peak and reach her career marks 20 years back and one wonders where you got her career in the big picture

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
she was a good part of the 90's and early 2000's
Apr 05th 2018
RE: where you come down on Brandy's career?
Apr 05th 2018
20 years is a long time in music / entertainment
Apr 05th 2018

c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13963 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 01:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "she was a good part of the 90's and early 2000's"
In response to Reply # 0

I suppose she was not so much an artist to know what kind of music would work for her after 2005 or whatever.

spidey
Charter member
13126 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 02:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: where you come down on Brandy's career?"
In response to Reply # 0

I personally thought her jump off track/album was her best work...really had no interest after that, kinda boring imo...

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Thu Apr-05-18 04:23 PM

3. "20 years is a long time in music / entertainment"
In response to Reply # 0

Her career was really strong in the mid-90's, between the first album and the TV show. She was kind of like Miley Cyrus in that sense. A singer who could also act well enough to be on TV.

I haven't followed her career since The Girl is Mine with Monica. I know she's done a little acting since and I think an album as well. Given the state of 'real R&B' she's managed to do alright. Since no one really sells R&B except for JT, Adele, and I guess Bruno Mars, that she's been able to sustain herself is remarkable.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Lobby The Lesson topic #3003604 Previous topic | Next topic