Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3003183

Subject: "Retro-Soul record released 3/16/18 - need help" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Tue Mar-27-18 01:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Retro-Soul record released 3/16/18 - need help"

I had a feeling that the new releases page on iTunes has some albums that are wayyyyyyyy under the radar, but.......

I was not prepared to discover HOW FAR under the radar some of those releases are.

I clicked on one of those albums released 3/16/18 (it was pretty low on the page, so that was an indication that it wasn't too "prestigious"

The name was something like "Curtis *whatever* and the *whatever*(commitments?)

The cover was a black and white picture of a Black male singer on a stage (sort of what you would expect from a 60's soul release.

It was pretty well produced and the singer was very good.

I didn't take down the name. I thought it would be somewhat easy to find since it seemed like it would be linked to Curtis Harding or Charles Bradley albums when you click on their itunes pages....

but....

I can't find any hint of this album at all. I searched through as much soul music websites as I can think of. Did searches that stipulated "gritty soul live recorded released March 16 2018" but page after page of nothing

I can't believe a record label would release an album and not have it "find-able" through searches that seemingly accurately describe the music on the album.

Anybody familiar with this retro-soul record that was released 3/16/18?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Retro-Soul record released 3/16/18 - need help
Mar 29th 2018
thanks dude - you really came through - may the Father bless you
Mar 30th 2018
      what album are you looking at? I don't see anything in 2018.
Mar 30th 2018
           sersey said he found the album by the release date I posted
Mar 30th 2018
One of my favourite new groups
Mar 31st 2018
I'm so glad I remembered to check up on this thread
May 21st 2018
yeah, I knew some people here would like the group/album
May 21st 2018

sersey
Member since Jan 03rd 2005
934 posts
Thu Mar-29-18 09:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Retro-Soul record released 3/16/18 - need help"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you must be talking about Durand Jones & The Indications

Btw, allmusic.com is great for searching albums by release date. I found it there...

c71
13962 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 01:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "thanks dude - you really came through - may the Father bless you"
In response to Reply # 1
Fri Mar-30-18 01:14 PM by c71

I lost so much respect for search engines and people putting things up to be found on the internet because of this (the label should have made this record more "present" on the net - why not?

edit: I went to allmusic.com as a last resort (should have been a first resort but I didn't know the release date search thing aspect) but I didn't know how I missed it on there.

WarriorPoet415
Member since Sep 30th 2003
17895 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 01:33 PM

3. "what album are you looking at? I don't see anything in 2018. "
In response to Reply # 2

I looked up Durand Jones and everything he has listed came out in 2016 and 2017?

"To Each His Reach"

but.....

Fuck aliens.

c71
13962 posts
Fri Mar-30-18 01:45 PM

4. "sersey said he found the album by the release date I posted"
In response to Reply # 3

this is what I got from the facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/DurandJonesandTheIndications/

Durand Jones & The Indications
March 15 at 11:17am ยท
The deluxe version of our debut album releases TOMORROW! Via Dead Oceans & Colemine Records. The album will contain our self t

(if you think from what sersey posted and what I saw on itunes a few weeks ago signifies 2016 or 2017 (from the "March 15 at 11:17am" facebook line, then......)

quikfit
Charter member
1897 posts
Sat Mar-31-18 07:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "One of my favourite new groups"
In response to Reply # 0

The story is pretty cool. Album was recorded for a couple hundred bucks. Put out on small Ohio based label Colemine. They've been grinding it out and seem to be picking up steam.
I think the album is great and spin it at least once a week, still.
Wish it was longer (only 8 tracks), but the live recording that was released with the deluxe version is great!
Looking forward to album #2!
(Side-note, Colemine records puts out amazing music. Mostly 7" so a bit of a niche market, but HEAT regardless.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Soul music is bad, bad, bad!

Nabs
Charter member
11405 posts
Mon May-21-18 12:50 AM

6. "I'm so glad I remembered to check up on this thread"
In response to Reply # 0

Not only is Durand Jones & The Indications amazing, but the whole record label is giving me so much good music to listen to. Thanks to the thread creator and poster who figured it out.

c71
13962 posts
Mon May-21-18 01:35 PM

7. "yeah, I knew some people here would like the group/album"
In response to Reply # 6

when it was figured out, that is...

Lobby The Lesson topic #3003183 Previous topic | Next topic