Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3000330

Subject: "Where do some artists come from? (loosely related to industry plants)" Previous topic | Next topic
SsenepoD
Member since Nov 13th 2007
4331 posts
Tue Jan-16-18 02:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Where do some artists come from? (loosely related to industry plants)"

so i was listening to the radio & there was a run where they played Location from Khalid & White Iverson from Post Malone.

I've heard both of these guys referred to as industry plants, which is a whole nother discussion, but my question is, with artists like these guys (& Raury...similar to Kali Uchis), do they have music that came out before their "debut" singles? I know artists that will go & take down traces of their old music, but I imagine there's gotta be a history there, right? Like, Location wasn't the first song that Khalid ever made.

Same thing I thought around the time Jay Electronica came around. I know there were the loosies that came out (Uzi Weighs a Ton, etc.), but was he just not active in the music scene before Act 1? How come there isn't random video footage of him rhyming at local events, or performing on bills from before he popped. Was that really the first time he ever put out music?

http://www.2amDonuts.bandcamp.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Why and how would Khalid be a plant?
Jan 18th 2018

-DJ R-Tistic-
Member since Nov 06th 2008
51986 posts
Thu Jan-18-18 03:45 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Why and how would Khalid be a plant?"
In response to Reply # 0

------------------------------

50+ FREE Mixes on www.DJR-Tistic.com!

Twitter and Instagram - @DJ_RTistic

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #3000330 Previous topic | Next topic