Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3000241

Subject: "Watch Nas Lead An Orchestra In Trailer For New 'Illmatic' Concert Film" Previous topic | Next topic
c71
Member since Jan 15th 2008
13962 posts
Sat Jan-13-18 12:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Watch Nas Lead An Orchestra In Trailer For New 'Illmatic' Concert Film"

https://youtu.be/qGeXRr5FFY8

http://www.okayplayer.com/video/watch-nas-orchestra-trailer-new-illmatic-concert-film-pbs.html

Watch Nas Lead An Orchestra In Trailer For New 'Illmatic' Concert Film

POSTED BY ELIJAH C. WATSON

Nas, along with PBS, has announced a new concert film documenting the rapper’s performance of his seminal album Illmatic at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. in 2014.

Produced by Mass Appeal the film will feature performance footage and much more, with the trailer giving a sample of what to expect from the documentary. Almost two minutes long the video finds Nas speaking on the performance, as scenes from Nas’ childhood are also placed on the screen.

“I hope you can look through the dream with me and see the journey I took to be on the stage with an orchestra,” Nas says. “I knew it was bigger than what was just on the record. And it was like ‘This is what it’s about.”

The video also includes snippets of Nas performing “The World Is Yours” and “It Ain’t Hard To Tell” alongside the National Symphony Orchestra.

The performance, which is a part of PBS’ “Great Performances” series, will air on February 2.

Last year Nas spoke on Donald Trump in an open letter titled “Action Speaks Louder Than Words.”

“We all know a racist is in office,” the rapper wrote. “People can talk their s**t. Comedians can sound racist. People can go through their moments of that s**t, but when you have the responsibility of being President and you carry on like that, you send a strong message to people outside of your group that they ain’t worth s**t.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm gonna have to buy this when it drops
Jan 13th 2018
Thanks for This!!!!
Jan 18th 2018
You're welcome
Jan 18th 2018
Link to special
Feb 08th 2018
cool. what about a new album tho?
Feb 09th 2018

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8749 posts
Sat Jan-13-18 05:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I'm gonna have to buy this when it drops"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Jan-13-18 05:00 PM by obsidianchrysalis

When the concert came out I was hoping it would be released at some point. Glad the concert will be out there and hopefully the film will make someone who isn't traditionally into hip-hop more appreciative of the art form.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Thu Jan-18-18 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Thanks for This!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

The reason I ever wanted to spit

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

c71
13962 posts
Thu Jan-18-18 10:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "You're welcome"
In response to Reply # 2

yes

c71
13962 posts
Thu Feb-08-18 04:23 PM

4. "Link to special"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/nas-live-kennedy-center-classical-hip-hop-full-episode/8109/?button=fullepisode

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Fri Feb-09-18 03:05 PM

5. "cool. what about a new album tho?"
In response to Reply # 0

life is good was 6 years ago. damn

Lobby The Lesson topic #3000241 Previous topic | Next topic