Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2999829

Subject: "Spotify vs Apple Music vs Tidal" Previous topic | Next topic
Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Wed Jan-03-18 11:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Spotify vs Apple Music vs Tidal"

I had Tidal for 6 months free. Today is the last day and I’m trying to decide which service I should go with. Stay with Tidal or make a change? Which service do you recommend and why?

Poll result (13 votes)
Spotify (11 votes)Vote
Apple Music (1 votes)Vote
Tidal (1 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Google Music
Jan 03rd 2018
Yep
Jan 03rd 2018
agreed
Jan 03rd 2018
Google Music really need to work on the UI
Jan 04th 2018
Ooooooh good to know.
Jan 04th 2018
Apple Music allows up to 100,000 songs
Jan 05th 2018
I got an iphone with
Jan 04th 2018
RE: Spotify vs Apple Music vs Tidal
Jan 04th 2018

Oak27
Member since Apr 17th 2005
13189 posts
Wed Jan-03-18 01:12 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Google Music"
In response to Reply # 0

Pretty much unlimited cloud storage for all the music/mp3s you have for free on top of the same library of music available on all the other services you named.

Ishwip
Member since Jun 10th 2005
19953 posts
Wed Jan-03-18 03:40 PM

2. "Yep"
In response to Reply # 1

>Pretty much unlimited cloud storage for all the music/mp3s
>you have for free on top of the same library of music
>available on all the other services you named.

__
I don't like the beat anymore because its just a loop. ALC didn't FLIP IT ENOUGH!

Flip it enough? Flip these. Flip off. Go flip some f*cking burgers.(c)Kno

Allied State of the National Electric Beat Treaty Organization (NEBTO)

seandammit
Member since May 28th 2003
6522 posts
Wed Jan-03-18 04:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "agreed"
In response to Reply # 1

Although I do still also use Apple Music because I'm not crazy about Google Music's mobile app UI, and I'm just sort of used to Apple/iTunes/Beats/etc.

www.twitter.com/seandammit

phemom
Member since Oct 22nd 2004
5129 posts
Thu Jan-04-18 08:54 PM

7. "Google Music really need to work on the UI"
In response to Reply # 3

I would use it all the time if it wasn't so damn ugly. Other than Beats1 radio, Google does everything I need.

phemom's the name, all-star writer/
searching 4 journalistic fame, mindframe igniter....www.twitter.com/hayabusaage

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Thu Jan-04-18 10:36 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "Ooooooh good to know. "
In response to Reply # 1

I'm gonna check that out.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Innocent Criminal
Member since May 03rd 2003
14585 posts
Fri Jan-05-18 02:46 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Apple Music allows up to 100,000 songs"
In response to Reply # 1

sonofodin
Member since Mar 31st 2005
1191 posts
Thu Jan-04-18 01:03 PM

5. "I got an iphone with "
In response to Reply # 0

apple play in the whip which makes Apple music my go to....plus they were the only streaming service with KA's last album

xbox gamertag: Winladen
PSN: Winladen

The Analyst
Member since Sep 22nd 2007
4621 posts
Thu Jan-04-18 05:16 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "RE: Spotify vs Apple Music vs Tidal"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jan-04-18 05:17 PM by The Analyst

Tidal has more "exclusive" shit, for example the last Jay album, the last Beyonce album, the last Kanye album, were all on there exclusively for a while before the other platforms. Tidal also does a lot with video content that you can easily cast to your TV in HD, such the Made in America festival or the exclusive 4:44 videos. I also looked this up once and believe Tidal pays artists 2-3x more than Spotify and Apple.

That said, I was a pretty loyal customer to Spotify for years. They have the best/smoothest interface IMO. Very user friendly. They seem to be making a huge push toward generic, system-generated playlists though (which, despite me hating on, still usually results in a good/enjoyable "discover weekly" playlist).

Despite it being arguably my least favorite of the services, I just got a family plan for Apple Music because my wife likes and also because it works well with Siri so I can just vocally command my phone anything I want to hear when I'm driving in my car. May sound silly but a huge convenience to not have to type/search for artists and albums while driving, especially with children in the car. Just "hey siri, play innervisions by stevie wonder" and boom it starts playing. (Siri used to not be integrated with Spotify, but that may have changed recently...)

----

Lobby The Lesson topic #2999829 Previous topic | Next topic