Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2997091

Subject: "What your favorite artists gender breakdown look like? " Previous topic | Next topic
imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed Oct-25-17 06:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What your favorite artists gender breakdown look like? "

I've come to the realization that I'm probably 75:25 in favor of females.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
im a sexist in a sexist world.
Oct 26th 2017
I am about 65-70% male... 30-35% female
Oct 26th 2017
like 305% men
Oct 26th 2017

SoWhat
Charter member
154163 posts
Thu Oct-26-17 07:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "im a sexist in a sexist world. "
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Oct-26-17 07:15 AM by SoWhat

Maybe that's why I place so much value on elements like songwriting and profiency on instruments and band leading and stage performance. Fewer women may have had the chance to develop those skills not for lack of interest or ability but just bc of anti woman sentiment. Maybe I place less value on skills where women flourish bc I have been unduly influenced. Also maybe I have just not had enough exposure to women who have mastered the skills I most value or I have ignored too many of those women?

Anyway my all time faves - Prince and Stevie are top 2 far and away. I'll get right to it - Joni is the first woman on the list if I go in order by fave. But she's long been 'one of the guys' and different though she doesn't down play her womanhood. But digging her much feels cheap in this context. Then there's Janet. What I love most in her records is very tied to Flyte Tyme. But she's no puppet.

Those 2 women stand out. My faves list is mostly a sausage party. My fave songs though - lots of songs by women artists there. Men artists dominate though.

fuck you.

hip bopper
Member since Jun 22nd 2003
7385 posts
Thu Oct-26-17 10:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I am about 65-70% male... 30-35% female"
In response to Reply # 0

A majority of the women I listen to are in the realm of jazz.

BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85056 posts
Thu Oct-26-17 11:10 AM

3. "like 305% men"
In response to Reply # 0

but thats mainly because i listen to rap most of the time

outside of rap its probably 60/40 male/female
i much prefer female singers to males.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Lobby The Lesson topic #2997091 Previous topic | Next topic