Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2996768

Subject: "Collector's Edition Re-Releases" Previous topic | Next topic
SsenepoD
Member since Nov 13th 2007
4331 posts
Tue Oct-17-17 03:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Collector's Edition Re-Releases"

recently saw some of the stuff Get On Down Records & Nostalgia King were releasing/covering & it got me thinking - what makes for a good re-release?

what are some of the best items that made the purchase worthwhile? Was it the music itself or the packaging/additional content?

Once I moved to the East Coast & downsized my apartment, I had to stop picking up this kinda stuff even though it's dope when done well.

http://www.2amDonuts.bandcamp.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
for me, it comes down to the music
Oct 17th 2017

cbk
Charter member
4535 posts
Tue Oct-17-17 05:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "for me, it comes down to the music"
In response to Reply # 0

The Liquid Swords collectors box was cool with that little chess set. But what sold me was the bonus instrumental disc.

And if more sets came with an OG master along with the remastered versions, that’ll get me digging into my pockets.

Oh and I’m also a sucker for exclusive essays in the liner notes.

On the other hand, I saw a clear Illmatic LP (at Newbury comics?) which was cool. But I’m still on the fence with that.

Happy 50th D’Angelo: https://chrisp.bandcamp.com/track/d-50

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2996768 Previous topic | Next topic