Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2995196

Subject: "westside gunn announces 'WESTSIDEDOOM'" Previous topic | Next topic
bearfield
Member since Mar 10th 2005
8049 posts
Thu Sep-07-17 02:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"westside gunn announces 'WESTSIDEDOOM'"
Thu Sep-07-17 02:18 PM by bearfield

collaborative album with DOOM produced entirely by alchemist and daringer

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYv7KJAn2YZ/

http://djbooth.net/news/entry/2017-09-07-westside-gunn-mf-doom-westsidedoom

If you weren't already excited about new material from Westside Gunn after the Buffalo native and his brother, Conway, announced a distribution deal for their label, Griselda Records , with Eminem and Shady Records , this past March, you might want to sit down.

On Thursday (September 7), Gunn confirmed the "secret" that Hypebeast revealed earlier in the day: He will be releasing a joint project with MF DOOM, produced in full by The Alchemist and Daringer.

"This is one of the illest projects I've ever heard when you think art," he wrote on Instagram. "This is the RAWEST, FLYEST, GRIMIEST shit you've ever heard IN YA LIFE."

There is no official release date for the forthcoming release, but Gunn declared "the day is soon."

--------------------------------------

idk. i can't remember the last DOOM verse i liked. probably something off /born like this/. also it's hard to say if these DOOM verses will be new ones or repurposed bars. definitely not a fan of WSG as a rapper. i'm most interested in hearing what conway sounds like next to DOOM and if alchemist and daringer are going to gel or clash since their styles can be similar

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Could be good.
Sep 07th 2017
snippet sounds amazing.
Sep 07th 2017
YES
Sep 07th 2017
HERE FOR THIS
Sep 07th 2017
well, i certainly wasn't expecting this. wow!
Sep 08th 2017
RE: westside gunn announces 'WESTSIDEDOOM'
Sep 08th 2017
ROFL It's two songs long! (swipe)
Sep 28th 2017
What?! From now on I'll genuinely dread a doom project
Sep 28th 2017
Westside Gunn and/or Doom
Sep 28th 2017
      Non-fiction
Sep 28th 2017
"2STINGS" Produced by Alchemist and Gorilla Monsoon (prod. by Daringer)
Oct 11th 2017
alchemist still has fire.
Oct 13th 2017

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Thu Sep-07-17 03:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "Could be good."
In response to Reply # 0

Westside Gunn sounds dope to me but he doesn't hold my attention. I feel like I should love it but I only just like it (and at that on a surface level). Nice voice and adlibs though.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Nabs
Charter member
11405 posts
Thu Sep-07-17 07:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "snippet sounds amazing. "
In response to Reply # 0

Johnny
Charter member
4446 posts
Thu Sep-07-17 08:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "YES"
In response to Reply # 0

PLEASE

Soulroe
Member since Dec 25th 2009
1518 posts
Thu Sep-07-17 11:48 PM

4. "HERE FOR THIS"
In response to Reply # 0

A Love Supreme
Member since Nov 25th 2003
3050 posts
Fri Sep-08-17 12:52 AM

5. "well, i certainly wasn't expecting this. wow!"
In response to Reply # 0

Small Pro
Member since Apr 06th 2006
12593 posts
Fri Sep-08-17 11:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "RE: westside gunn announces 'WESTSIDEDOOM'"
In response to Reply # 0

Here for it

--------------------------------------
https://smallprofessor.bandcamp.com

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 03:08 AM

7. "ROFL It's two songs long! (swipe)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://hypebeast.com/2017/9/mf-doom-westside-gunn-westsidedoom-interview

SWIPE

Q: You just revealed to HYPEBEAST your project with MF DOOM called ‘WESTSIDEDOOM.’ How did this partnership come about?

A: I’ve always made references before about meeting MF DOOM, even on Twitter. He’s just one of those mysterious dudes and that’s what I like about him the most. When you heard his work with Ghostface, it was just like “how did that happen?” Not everyone out there is able to touch DOOM because he’s not out there like that. I reached out to him and the dots just connected. Plus, I already had the WESTSIDEDOOM idea in my head. It didn’t have to be a full album or whatnot to make a point. The two songs we have, those are art pieces to me. From MF DOOM and his management’s standpoint, it made a whole lot of sense and they’ve already thrown the respect at me. So after all that, I hit up Alchemist and Daringer. I told Daringer first and he cooked up a joint and that was it. Then we sent Alchemist’s joint and it was just magic. With this WESTSIDEDOOM shit, I honestly feel from what I did and what he did on those two songs with Alchemist and Daringer, nigg*s is in trouble and the whole world is about to understand what I’m saying.

stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1813 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 07:00 AM

8. "What?! From now on I'll genuinely dread a doom project"
In response to Reply # 7

...like when is the other shoe going to drop and some BS gets thrown in the mix.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

Numba_33
Charter member
19325 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 08:18 AM

9. "Westside Gunn and/or Doom"
In response to Reply # 7

could still release that as a 12" and still capitalize, so it's not a total loss. But I do agree with you that it's pretty funny the project is only two songs long.

And to be totally honest, Doom sounded like he just woke up from a nap on that verse for the song Westside Gunn released yesterday on Soundcloud.

"Sean sparks like John Starks, nah, Sean ball like John Wall" - Rest In Power Forever Sean Price.

jigga
Charter member
31583 posts
Thu Sep-28-17 02:03 PM

10. "Non-fiction"
In response to Reply # 9

Doom sounded like he just woke up
>from a nap on that verse for the song Westside Gunn released
>yesterday on Soundcloud.

Nabs
Charter member
11405 posts
Wed Oct-11-17 09:19 AM

11. ""2STINGS" Produced by Alchemist and Gorilla Monsoon (prod. by Daringer)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/user-5212897/westsidedoom-2stings

https://soundcloud.com/user-5212897/westsidedoom-gorilla-monsoon

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Fri Oct-13-17 12:10 PM

12. "alchemist still has fire. "
In response to Reply # 11
Fri Oct-13-17 12:14 PM by spirit

I like Doom on Monsoon best of the two, but like both.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Lobby The Lesson topic #2995196 Previous topic | Next topic