Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2994652

Subject: "TOTD...Amon Tobin..." Previous topic | Next topic
spidey
Charter member
13124 posts
Wed Aug-23-17 11:30 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"TOTD...Amon Tobin..."

"At The End of The Day"...One!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jaRA6nGyUg

Integrity is the Cornerstone of Artistry...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I saw Amon live a few years ago
Aug 24th 2017
RE: I saw Amon live a few years ago
Aug 24th 2017
Had to dust it off.
Aug 25th 2017
RE: Had to dust it off.
Aug 26th 2017

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14982 posts
Thu Aug-24-17 05:50 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I saw Amon live a few years ago"
In response to Reply # 0

He had this crazy stage set up, great show

-----------------------------------------------------------------

spidey
Charter member
13124 posts
Thu Aug-24-17 07:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "RE: I saw Amon live a few years ago"
In response to Reply # 1

Nice, kinda new to his ish, a unique artist indeed. Looks like he does not tour much though...

denny
Member since Apr 11th 2008
11281 posts
Fri Aug-25-17 06:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Had to dust it off."
In response to Reply # 0

Great producer. I think it was the late 90's when I first heard him....this was his standout track at that time imo:

Nightlife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTL0t_HHkZI

Great example of what I thought was his biggest flaw too. Transition movements, intros and outtros that should have lasted 8 bars were stretched out WAY too long. But when Nightlife eventually gets underway....it absolutely blew my mind in the late 90's. The editing is outta this world. I just recently discovered Gotye and it's readily apparent that Tobin was a huge influence on him.

Any other current acts doing this kind of sample-based soundtrack type music? Trip-hop might be the WORST genre label in the history of music lol. And I realize that Tobin can't be simplified into an exclusively trip-hop category. Leaving me wondering what people are calling this type of music now. What genre is Gotye?

spidey
Charter member
13124 posts
Sat Aug-26-17 12:35 PM

4. "RE: Had to dust it off."
In response to Reply # 3

I think part of what makes his ish nice is that there is no real defined style. As far as what this type stuff is called now, I have no idea. Another artist that has a similar steez is RJD2, who imo is a genius producer....

Lobby The Lesson topic #2994652 Previous topic | Next topic