Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2974082

Subject: "Diplomacy: A request for a parlaye between: The Lesson & The Lessondary..." Previous topic | Next topic
NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 09:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Diplomacy: A request for a parlaye between: The Lesson & The Lessondary..."

Yo', dis shit is CRUCIAL.
Ninjaz just got at me for some shit that was beyond my ken.
For the sake of transparency, I'ma post the jump-off:

"We need you to stop claiming Lessondary. There is already an established Hip Hop collective called The Lessondary. It is true they started over a decade ago with "that site" but they since moved on to put out serious materials of work and have nothing to do with the current OKP boards. I'm asking you to refrain from using the name Lessondary in your projects. If you want to represent for OKP's Lesson message board then simply shout the Lesson message board out, we don't want our audience to be confused. Thanks."

My response....

"Peace, from the context of your email and your knowledge of certain terms endemic to the OKP collective, I can tell that you are familial. Thus, I got love & respect for your camp. Pardon my ignorance for I honestly associated, "Lessondary" with The Lesson board, ya dig. Henceforth, I will retire that label if ya'll Katz deem it necessary. Please pardon my infraction. Peace&Respect.....-Chris Wind

Now...
Yes, ninjaz got at me..
I'm puttin' this data out there to promote diplomacy between the two respective camps 'cus I didn't know that there was a distinction. I wan't delegates from BOTH sides to hit this thread so that we can dead dis shit IMMEDIATELY! Ain't no need for blood-on-blood conflict over a misunderstanding. TO ALL CAMPS INVOLVED: Utilize my transparency to implement congruence.

My word is bond, my respective emails are:

Grandwynd@gmail.com

and

Jan_Yansa_Ra@yahoo.com

No excuses...Let us, in a civil manner, rectify this ish for the greater good of our OKP progeny! Get at me....

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Yo, da jump-off dat triggered it:
Sep 26th 2016
Who's The Kats Claiming "The Lesson" Or Even "Lessondary"?
Sep 26th 2016
      Don't know, thas why I made this thread....
Sep 27th 2016
regardless, the sample is nice. You got skills
Sep 26th 2016
Yo, Thanks Blak. *Daps*
Sep 27th 2016
This is probably a matter best handled privately, tbh.
Sep 27th 2016
wow...
Sep 27th 2016
Word up on all this.
Sep 27th 2016
RE: Diplomacy: A request for a parlaye between: The Lesson & The Lesson...
Sep 27th 2016

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 09:50 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Yo, da jump-off dat triggered it: "
In response to Reply # 0

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/lessondary-revival

Again, for the sake of transparency, I'm puttin' ALL the data out there.

The quickest distance between two objects is a straight line.

In this case, the veritable "straight-line" is info.

Thus, the more info readily available, the greater the understanding of the scenario, the quicker the rectification in accordance with The Art Of War!

Note: Diplomacy is an integral *art of war.

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 11:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Who's The Kats Claiming "The Lesson" Or Even "Lessondary"?"
In response to Reply # 1

I've been here right along with you all and the old school 1999-2005, also been around when the ATLiens message boards & chats before OKP, use to surf around Justus League's The Lawn, and even an OKP branch off The Jawn as well.

Vahe did four compilations of early OKP produced/rap joints which has a lot of old heads who haven't been here in over ten years but to tell you the truth OKP owns all message board related names, so I doubt someone now claiming Lessondary as their copywrite or maybe since there is a Lessondary album out they don't want traffic to a recent Lessonhead, but that's their fault for now putting a cap on who can call themselves part of the Lesson collective when they could've chosen a better suited name, they should've chosen "ThatSite Collecitve" LOL.

Speaking of old heads, I had a computer that died back in 2010 that I use to use back during 1998 to 2010 and now that I got all the music off of it found a ton of music from kats like: JP, BuildingBlock, Brainchild, Tony Tone, Krewcial, JahFreedom, Symbolic One, Vahe, etc.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 05:25 AM

6. "Don't know, thas why I made this thread...."
In response to Reply # 3

...'cus ninjaz got at me on some guerrilla-warfare shit.
Don't know WHO dey is.

I'm puttin this olive branch out thru the lesson 'cus I know
that it should reach the mystery camp immediately so that we
can come to an understanding, ya dig.

I definitely get what you're saying tho...

rdhull
Charter member
33133 posts
Mon Sep-26-16 11:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "regardless, the sample is nice. You got skills"
In response to Reply # 0

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 05:17 AM

5. "Yo, Thanks Blak. *Daps*"
In response to Reply # 2

'preciate it, Fam.

rhymesandammo
Member since Dec 07th 2004
6366 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 02:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "This is probably a matter best handled privately, tbh."
In response to Reply # 0

No disrespect, but this issue only requires transparency now that you aired a private correspondence for the world to see.

Esteemed author of the celebrated, double-platinum post: "Drake - Wu-Tang Forever".

_Torchbaras
Member since Jun 03rd 2011
2031 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 06:47 AM

7. "wow..."
In response to Reply # 0

Not gonn go into the whole copyright discussion, cause thats beyond me, if they got the Rights they got the Rights but CMON - what harm could it possible do to their brand that you from time to time drop the #lessondary tag, and has 1 track out w a track title that kinda, sorta looks like it could be their work? A bit of minor research would quickly dead the assumption of ties between yall, and I would guess fans would wanna do that groundwork in terms of keepin up w they chosen idols, so that confusion cant be all that damagin can it? Shit, knowin your acoustic work, I can honestly say havin you as a hidden member would be a win to any samplebased producer! Its whatever, I hope they continue to make dope music, and I know you Will, so thats that!!!

----------------------------------

NEW Edo.G album FreEDOm coming soon!!!

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 07:40 AM

8. "Word up on all this."
In response to Reply # 7

atruhead
Charter member
85230 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 08:20 AM

9. "RE: Diplomacy: A request for a parlaye between: The Lesson & The Lesson..."
In response to Reply # 0

I dont know particulars, but I know they released a real album on a real label so there may be a copyright thing going on

it's kind of weird to think there's anything more to talk about if you've been asked to fall back

Lobby The Lesson topic #2974082 Previous topic | Next topic