Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2964114

Subject: "Fans aren't feeling KRS' comments about the Bambaataa scandal." Previous topic | Next topic
The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Wed Apr-27-16 11:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Fans aren't feeling KRS' comments about the Bambaataa scandal."

What are your thoughts about KRS' comments about the scandal. I've been reading a number of comments on the net that aren't favorable towards the Blastmaster. Here's a link of the interview that should start at 2:11:

https://youtu.be/fhmOgo7jnxY?t=2m11s

Since 1976

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Star even went as far as to accuse him of being some type of..
Apr 28th 2016
He's buggin'
Apr 28th 2016
all of this
May 02nd 2016
I get what he's saying
Apr 28th 2016
he sounds like a fucking idiot
Apr 28th 2016
sad. n/m
Apr 29th 2016
the 6th element of hip hop is......
Apr 29th 2016
He said it's not hip-hop's issue to deal with. Not sure why everyone
Apr 29th 2016
I don't think folks' problem is that he isn't demonizing Bam.
Apr 29th 2016
I love how corny this dude is.
Apr 29th 2016
People still takin rapin for a joke
Apr 29th 2016
Do You Hear The Same Interview I Heard?
Apr 30th 2016
Are they talking about the Drink Champs interview? Cuz that's what I..
May 02nd 2016
RE: Do You Hear The Same Interview I Heard?
May 03rd 2016

Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Thu Apr-28-16 11:37 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Star even went as far as to accuse him of being some type of.."
In response to Reply # 0

agent of the Illuminati lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Otpz_7QzQ

"why doesn't krs one care about Black babies?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00tv7A3XNQ

IDK.. I get what KRS saying.. but it seems like he's putting the legacy of hip hop over the safety of the youth.. The youth of his own city.

HIM
Member since May 20th 2002
1733 posts
Thu Apr-28-16 02:37 PM

2. "He's buggin'"
In response to Reply # 0

Saying you don't care is halfway evil if you ask me.

It would be different if he was a teen age rapper saying this but he's a grown man.
He should know better.

The most damning fact is that I find it hard to believe that 50 year old grown New Yorker, Zulu Nation men, would opted to use this type of scenario in order to "bring Bambaataa down".
THIS, of all lies that they could potentially tell, they say something like this?

If they were making this up, there is a strong likelihood that they'd have plenty of other ways to go about messing up dude's life.

Aside from that, when you listen to these dudes, not one moment ever comes across as someone lying.

sad situation for sure.

peace
HIM
www.PlazaMelodic.com
"Lo-Fi Holiday" Now Available!!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lo-fi-holiday/id985794237
https://plazamelodic.bandcamp.com/album/lo-fi-holiday
http://soundcloud.com/beatroom88

Small Pro
Member since Apr 06th 2006
12593 posts
Mon May-02-16 04:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
12. "all of this"
In response to Reply # 2

shit is terrible

obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Thu Apr-28-16 08:17 PM

3. "I get what he's saying"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounded like he was trying to counter the narrative that Bambaataa's contributions to hip-hop ought to be thrown out because of his wrongdoings.

Maybe Kris thinks others are piling onto Bambaataa because it's easy to do so and feels he can't throw stones at other people because of their transgressions because he simply would be out of stones.

And he did say that he didn't want to disregard the harm done to the young people Bambaataa allegedly abused. (I haven't followed the case closely so I'm not sure if he has been convicted, which why I used 'allegedly')

I don't hang out with MC's or producers but from what I hear the culture of the creation of hip-hop is 'messy' and has more than its fair share of deviousness. It's just the way hip-hop culture has evolved over the years.

And hip-hop, like in other aspects of society, has a way of insulating itself from accepting criticism for bad behavior. KRS's comments may be righteous but they are tone deaf and they make him seem like he's minimizing the effect of this scandal and the harm it has had on the lives of the young people he deceived.

There was a way to say, 'Bambaataa's life has been committed to the evolution and development of hip-hop' without avoiding the harm he has affected on the culture and others.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

guru0509
Charter member
45341 posts
Thu Apr-28-16 11:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "he sounds like a fucking idiot"
In response to Reply # 0

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Fri Apr-29-16 12:22 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "sad. n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57003 posts
Fri Apr-29-16 10:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
6. "the 6th element of hip hop is......"
In response to Reply # 0

.....denial

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Fri Apr-29-16 10:22 AM

7. "He said it's not hip-hop's issue to deal with. Not sure why everyone "
In response to Reply # 0

expects him to be so eager to condemn his friend who HAS NOT been convicted of ANYTHING.
This is an issue for the legal system to deal with. Hip-hop doesn't need to collectively make ANY kind of statement in regards to Bambaataa.

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Fri Apr-29-16 11:24 AM

8. "I don't think folks' problem is that he isn't demonizing Bam."
In response to Reply # 7

The problem is with him saying he doesn't give a f#¢k about what had happened. Had KRS said something along the lines of 'Bam is my friend and I hope the allegations are not true. Since these are allegations, I'd rather wait and see how all this plays out. If the accusations are true, then Bambaataa should be punished according to the law. I will still celebrate all the good he has done over the years and would still consider him a friend' most folks wouldn't trip. Him being dismissive of any alleged molestation actions and trying to equate it to a dude who sells drugs is not the way to speak on the situation if you don't want folks thinking you're being foul.

Since 1976

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18385 posts
Fri Apr-29-16 11:27 AM

9. "I love how corny this dude is. "
In response to Reply # 0

abstrak
Charter member
1470 posts
Fri Apr-29-16 08:40 PM

10. "People still takin rapin for a joke"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Apr-29-16 08:45 PM by abstrak

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Sat Apr-30-16 12:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "Do You Hear The Same Interview I Heard?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not sure what clips you all heard since that lank has been taken down but I heard the entire interview: http://www1.play.it/audio/drink-champs/episode-5-w-krs-one and he explained his feelings on Bambaataa, he said to him personally what Bambaataa does in his own time behind closed doors is him but KRS did say, if the allegations are true then get at him; but Hip-Hop wise, nothing can be taken from him.

Maybe you are wanting KRS to go all out and say fuck Bambaataa, fuck him and his gay ass, or fuck the zulu nation, but he will NNNNNNEEEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRR say some shit like that cause of all the years and things Bambaataa his contribute to the Hip-Hop culture, but I feel what he's saying when he said "if it's true" then let the law deal with it, but that's not his lane to be a cop in this situation.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Mon May-02-16 07:37 PM

13. "Are they talking about the Drink Champs interview? Cuz that's what I.."
In response to Reply # 11

heard too.

Cats just jumping for outrage.

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Tue May-03-16 08:41 AM

14. "RE: Do You Hear The Same Interview I Heard?"
In response to Reply # 11

look at KRS track record of calling shit out and in that context it will be abundantly clear he was copping pleas. very dissappointing but not surprising. he is not ambiguous about all kinds of shit but when it comes to his backyard, it's a whole
lotta dodging and fence riding. I'm
not looking for him to say fuck anyone. I'm looking for him to say that anyone within hip hop that is reproducing oppression and abuse needs to be held accountable. that does t mean erasing Bambaataa's legacy. heres an example: http://reachhiphop.tumblr.com/post/143065559791/hip-hop-breaking-the-silence-an-open-letter-to

Lobby The Lesson topic #2964114 Previous topic | Next topic