Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2956623

Subject: "Ma Dukes Explains Her Beef With House Shoes (HHDX Interview)" Previous topic | Next topic
Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Wed Feb-10-16 03:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ma Dukes Explains Her Beef With House Shoes (HHDX Interview)"

Just saw this article posted oh Hip-Hop DX today and had to share the info, after reading it also read the replies below as well.

Lank: http://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.2848/title.j-dillas-mother-ma-dukes-yancey-finally-details-house-shoes-beef

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
This answers someone's question in another post about....
Feb 10th 2016
The whole thing about Ma Dukes not really knowing of Houseshoes is kind ...
Feb 10th 2016
nothing of public value in this 'piece' n/m
Feb 11th 2016
always seemed to me Shoes exaggerated his relationship with Dilla
Feb 12th 2016
One thing that seems certain is that House Shoes is a miserable person
Feb 12th 2016
to be honest all of this is news to me.
Feb 13th 2016
      And that is pretty much anyone can say on this issue.
Feb 13th 2016
Ma Dukes got that John Lewis amnesia (vid)
Feb 13th 2016
Sucks for shoes, but it's Dilla's mom
Feb 14th 2016
oh, but it will. n/m
Feb 16th 2016
      I don't recall any history of such happening in the entertainment field
Feb 17th 2016
It's A Strange Situation & A Sad One Too
Feb 16th 2016

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24419 posts
Wed Feb-10-16 03:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "This answers someone's question in another post about...."
In response to Reply # 0

why Dilla/Eminem never happened.

"He was so sick that he couldn’t take a request that Eminem had for some production. He wanted to do something with Dilla and begged for it. That drove a wedge between their relationship. Eminem had no knowledge that Dilla was that ill because Dilla didn’t want anyone to know."

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Remedial
Charter member
6459 posts
Wed Feb-10-16 05:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "The whole thing about Ma Dukes not really knowing of Houseshoes is kind ..."
In response to Reply # 0

In an older article, she speaks of Houseshoes in a manner of familiarity. Either way, disrespecting your boy's mom is never a good look.

Here's the article:

http://www.stonesthrow.com/news/2006/12/the-story-behind-some-of-j-dilla-s-greatest-productions

Come to grips with the fact that most OKP's are of the Nut Hugger lineage, so, if you' re not part of the little cliques that exist 'round here, your posts will probably tank like Souljaboy's album sales.

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Thu Feb-11-16 12:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "nothing of public value in this 'piece' n/m"
In response to Reply # 0

temps2020
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8780 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 12:20 PM

4. "always seemed to me Shoes exaggerated his relationship with Dilla"
In response to Reply # 0

particularly after he passed. I know ?uest doesn't want to speak on this but if there's anyone other than Ma Dukes who can speak to this, it's him. Feel like ?uest was a friend of Dilla's that can impartially speak to what happened and what Shoes' relationship with Dilla really was like. I tend to believe what Ma Dukes is saying here.

PCProductions
Member since Oct 31st 2009
1217 posts
Fri Feb-12-16 05:18 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "One thing that seems certain is that House Shoes is a miserable person"
In response to Reply # 4

The guy just oozes negativity, despite whatever good characteristics he may have. It's just a burden to keep up with the guy, which is why I generally don't.

Member since Mar 01st 2005
9915 posts
Sat Feb-13-16 04:00 PM

7. "to be honest all of this is news to me."
In response to Reply # 4

but all the time Dill took me record shopping in the D it was gravy tween all of us (went to his (Shoe's) old record spot to dig and shit was cool)

i see all sides: but the root of it all is the pain of Dill not being here no more.

yeah i want everyone singing his praises so part of me wants his entire cannon on the marketplace.

but i do know the thin line of unfinished work too so it could be cringe worthy, but again I'm being biased but even Dill's "meh" stuff was cool.

but whether you like it or not you gotta support his moms.

this is all a mess man.

NO! LIST
Tom Petty
M J
Zeppelin
Springsteen
Neil Young
Eagles
Ray Charles
Madonna
Chuck Berry
South Park TV Songs
Justin Timberlake
"Food Glorious Food"
"Twilight Zone" theme
"A Boy Named Sue"
"Night Moves"
"The Situation"
"Superbowl Shuffle"

TheRealBillyOcean
Charter member
38224 posts
Sat Feb-13-16 04:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "And that is pretty much anyone can say on this issue. "
In response to Reply # 7

From friends to family to fans.

Bottom line is... IT'S HIS MOM

<---https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DL9AVTQ

bentagain
Member since Mar 19th 2008
16595 posts
Sat Feb-13-16 12:04 PM

6. "Ma Dukes got that John Lewis amnesia (vid)"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnHeIYMfFII

popped up in my tm yesterday, and in light of this post, it struck me as strange

suite for ma dukes was...2010...?

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you can't understand it without an explanation

you can't understand it with an explanation

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Sun Feb-14-16 12:43 PM

9. "Sucks for shoes, but it's Dilla's mom"
In response to Reply # 0

Dude is taking his position in this whole thing too seriously. And I'm totally unconcerned about fan's feelings, if someone got their hands on one of Dilla's hard drives we would be passing the files around as we speak. Dilla's legacy won't be ruined by a few unspectacular releases.

sweeneykovar
Member since Oct 26th 2004
10122 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 04:42 PM

10. "oh, but it will. n/m"
In response to Reply # 9

>Dilla's legacy
>won't be ruined by a few unspectacular releases.

micMajestic
Charter member
22938 posts
Wed Feb-17-16 10:36 AM

12. "I don't recall any history of such happening in the entertainment field"
In response to Reply # 10

>
>>Dilla's legacy
>>won't be ruined by a few unspectacular releases.
>

20 years later, people will only talk about your best work. He's already an icon, that title just can't be taken away that easily. When people do Dilla tributes, they aren't going to play any of this wonky new stuff.
It only feels like his legacy can be ruined because you're caught up in the moment. When is the last time you've seen Jay Love Japan discussed in public forum?

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Tue Feb-16-16 11:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
11. "It's A Strange Situation & A Sad One Too"
In response to Reply # 0

I see that J-Dilla had friends from his personal crew to his later on friends and associates, it seemed like on Jay was the only one who really knew how close certain people were to him and not the people themselves who thought they were cool from day one since he was always about music and business and kept it moving.

It's sad that his mom has to even think about which people he knew cross reference with who she knew to see who is trust worthy and out to benefit J-Dilla's music and not themselves.

Who's really seeing and keeping track to who is down and ginuine, no one but why should they, Jay could speak for himself, he had his circles, he had his fans, nobody is thinking ahead for future reference.

Should Houseshoes have ever said anything negative to Ma Dukes, no but I think he being honest to her about how he feels should've been kept to himself, now the whole situation with her and Waajeed is sad since he still has nothing but positive things to say and about her and for J-Dilla his homie but it's sad that the situation has came down to this.

It's just the friendship and business sometimes just doesn't mix.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Lobby The Lesson topic #2956623 Previous topic | Next topic