Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2939437

Subject: "Royce and Em were born to rap together. Raw is fire (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
spirit
Charter member
21428 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 12:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Royce and Em were born to rap together. Raw is fire (link)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1POYcKeZt4o

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
My ears hurt so bad.
Jul 31st 2015
this is deja vu
Jul 31st 2015
Ahahaha.
Jul 31st 2015
Are you replying to the right thread?
Jul 31st 2015
      RIGHT?
Jul 31st 2015

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24376 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 01:16 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "My ears hurt so bad."
In response to Reply # 0

I have not a single clue how ANY HUMAN can sit in the studio and be like "yep --- that's the beat right there. That's hot shit" to like, any beat Eminem has chosen to rap over for years.

I keep trying to listen hoping that one day he'll pick a decent beat. Hasn't happened in over half a decade.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

Mash_Comp
Member since Jul 07th 2003
66714 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 01:18 PM

2. "this is deja vu"
In response to Reply # 1

i swear i've read this reply before lol

www.dumhi.com -- We are ALL dumhi

Brew
Member since Nov 23rd 2002
24376 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 01:35 PM

3. "Ahahaha."
In response to Reply # 2

I knew someone would call me on that. I've been called on it before.

I only feel compelled to respond because I ALWAYS listen, with still that glimmer of hope, that he'll make a good song. And even though I should expect it at this point, I'm still super disappointed and disgusted with what I hear.

I think the Royce cameos on these two songs from the Southpaw soundtrack are what makes it worse. Cause I go into it thinking, OK, Royce HAD to have knocked some sense into him.

Nope.

----------------------------------------

"Fuck aliens." © WarriorPoet415

amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 02:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Are you replying to the right thread? "
In response to Reply # 1

The "All I Think About" beat in the other thread is absolutely awful. This one's not what I want to hear Royce and Eminem rap on, but its a pretty inoffensive generic 'energetic triumphant trap beat' I'd expect to hear someone like T.I. to rap on.

PROMO
Charter member
30822 posts
Fri Jul-31-15 03:00 PM

5. "RIGHT?"
In response to Reply # 4

this beat is nice.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2939437 Previous topic | Next topic