Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2938411

Subject: "have the beatnuts come out with anything new in the last like 5 years?" Previous topic | Next topic
musiclover86
Member since Jul 20th 2015
123 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 09:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"have the beatnuts come out with anything new in the last like 5 years?"

it's been a long time since i've kept up with them but have they released anything new in the last 5 years?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
just some LikNuts tracks here and there.
Jul 21st 2015
got any youtube links to these songs, i'd love to hear them
Jul 21st 2015
Grumpy Crocodile is probably the best one
Jul 22nd 2015
      damn, all these songs are nice!
Jul 22nd 2015
      Tash is one of the most underrated MCs ever
Jul 22nd 2015
Whatever happened with the LikNuts album?
Jul 22nd 2015
Via J-Ro...
Jul 22nd 2015
      RE: Via J-Ro...
Jul 22nd 2015
      wow i forgot about that project!
Jul 22nd 2015
      as long as it's dope, I'll wait.
Jul 22nd 2015
Yep The Anticipated LikNuts Album Is Still In The Making
Jul 22nd 2015

BNueve
Member since Jul 31st 2008
2066 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 09:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "just some LikNuts tracks here and there."
In response to Reply # 0

Juju is on the new Czarface.

musiclover86
123 posts
Tue Jul-21-15 10:32 PM

2. "got any youtube links to these songs, i'd love to hear them"
In response to Reply # 1

Stevie Lee
Member since Aug 17th 2008
1189 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 12:53 AM

3. "Grumpy Crocodile is probably the best one"
In response to Reply # 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61un0NU4tLk

Bang is cool too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JSP0yu8VOs

then they had a very brief track on Tony Touch's album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxQtTiTA42w

and a track with Thirstin Howl III: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtwanM5lMtk

I think that's all of em

musiclover86
123 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 01:17 AM

5. "damn, all these songs are nice!"
In response to Reply # 3

this is what i been missing with hip hop!
so were these liknuts songs suppose to be for an album?
thanks for linking them

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 10:25 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
10. "Tash is one of the most underrated MCs ever"
In response to Reply # 3

He killed that Crocodile song. He's killed every song I ever heard him on

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

las raises
Member since Aug 31st 2002
14982 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 01:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Whatever happened with the LikNuts album?"
In response to Reply # 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BNueve
Member since Jul 31st 2008
2066 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 11:03 AM

6. "Via J-Ro..."
In response to Reply # 4

LikNuts Album
Whats up Party people? First off I want to thank everybody for checking in with me here on my site.
Ive been getting a lot of feedback about the LikNuts album...some good, some bad...most of the bad is with people being impatient and thinking that we are not really doing this album. Im here to say that we thought of the idea back when we were all on LOUD Records more than 10 years ago. As some of you know, Loud sold the company and it was just buried after that. We all kind of went our separate ways and the idea was lost.
In 2008 we did a tour with the Beatnuts,Lords of the Underground, Jeru tha Damaja and Paris in Europe. while on this tour we thought to do the album once and for all.
Tash, E Swift, Les, Ju Ju and myself are all working on separate projects, have families and other "life" situations that we deal with everyday.
The decision to make this album was our own...not any label,magazine, fan but by us alone. We do not have a budget or backing for this album at all. It has been presented to a few companies but our wishes were not met so we keep pushing on our own.
We have a lot of material recorded so far and it sounds like it will be one of the most classic albums of the decade despite all of us being in different parts of the world and sending files back and forth. Im really ready to leak something but I keep holding back from that until we get overwhelming requests for that.
So for those of you who want to give us the business because of the wait, you are free to offer a donation or some kind of help to speed up the process.... we will not put out a mediocre album like a lot of artists are doing these days... For those who want a dope album from us no matter how long it takes, we are doing it for you...the rest can LikNuts- JRo

melanon
Member since Oct 21st 2003
2012 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 12:54 PM

7. "RE: Via J-Ro..."
In response to Reply # 6

Nice.

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57004 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 01:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
8. "wow i forgot about that project!"
In response to Reply # 6

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 10:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "as long as it's dope, I'll wait."
In response to Reply # 6

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Wed Jul-22-15 01:27 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Yep The Anticipated LikNuts Album Is Still In The Making"
In response to Reply # 1

I remember in an interview Juju did over a year ago when he went up the station WNYU on the "Halftime Show" promoting the new songs for LikNuts album he said they been working on it for almost year (and that was then) now and the host (Dj Eclipse) asked him what about a solo album and he said that him & Pyscho Les got so many beats made that he might put a solo album out, with the work ethic that the Alkaholiks it might be another year before the album drop (and it has been over a year an nothing yet but two songs so far).

Personally I've been wanting a solo Juju album for years; so all I can say is that might drop before the LikNuts album does; who knows.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Lobby The Lesson topic #2938411 Previous topic | Next topic