Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2935732

Subject: "saw Algiers last night in Vancouver BC" Previous topic | Next topic
PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Sun Jun-21-15 07:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"saw Algiers last night in Vancouver BC"

really freaking awesome...

sound man could've been more on point but considering it was a basement bar.

had to get Frank to get the merch guy out of the green room early just to cop the LP but I wasn't the only geek there waiting to buy one by a stretch.

spinning the LP for company right now!

Thanks Algiers!!! and thanks to the cat who put me up on this

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
cause of this post I checked to see if theyre comin to SF
Jun 21st 2015
how was it?
Jun 24th 2015
      DOPE!!
Jun 24th 2015
           the album is awesome..
Jun 24th 2015
Good shit.
Jun 22nd 2015

dustin
Member since Feb 21st 2004
4006 posts
Sun Jun-21-15 08:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "cause of this post I checked to see if theyre comin to SF"
In response to Reply # 0

And they are, on Tues. excited for it! Thank you

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 02:43 PM

3. "how was it?"
In response to Reply # 1

I can guess.... but do tell!

dustin
Member since Feb 21st 2004
4006 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 03:19 PM

4. "DOPE!! "
In response to Reply # 3

I got to the venue during the middle of the 2nd opener's set, Le Vice. They had a great sound themselves.

Algiers was incredible. I'd only heard 1 song before last night, so I was excited to go and experience it from a nearly clean slate. Loved how they'd transition from loops to live drums, and back, seamlessly. And the singer's got an amazing voice. Never over-powered despite the heaviness of the songs.

Definitely hoping I get to see 'em again. And I had to cop the album.

Saw this on Twitter, always love seeing artists showing each other love:
https://twitter.com/TruthspeakerHQ/status/613741231319846912

PG
Charter member
42568 posts
Wed Jun-24-15 04:15 PM

5. "the album is awesome.."
In response to Reply # 4

I went into the show with only a cursory listen to their stuff.. figured there was at least two songs on the album I was really feeling.. which is standard for most artists I dig... after the show and then listening to the LP at home a few times.. I don't think there's a sleeper on the whole album.. in fact just recorded it to wav last night so I can listen at work today...

the opening act they had out here was a solo guitarist playing really sleepy stuff over a synth track with the most terrible Casio drums.. like it literally sounded like he hit the rumba button and just went with it track after track.

Stringer Bell
Member since Mar 15th 2004
3175 posts
Mon Jun-22-15 11:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Good shit."
In response to Reply # 0

I've seen them four times in the last six months (all their New York shows) and they keep getting better.

Can't wait to see what the future holds for these guys, they're really something special.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2935732 Previous topic | Next topic