Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2921919

Subject: "how would you rank Rick James Discrography?" Previous topic | Next topic
mistermaxxx08
Member since Dec 31st 2010
16076 posts
Fri Feb-27-15 12:44 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"how would you rank Rick James Discrography?"

real curious how this one turns out. his production work on Teena Marie's first album is classic as well as his work on the Mary Jane Girls albums. however he was badd period.

mistermaxxx R.Kelly, Michael Jackson,Stevie wonder,Rick James,Marvin Gaye,El Debarge, Barry WHite Lionel RIchie,Isleys EWF,Lady T.,Kid creole and coconuts,the crusaders,kc sunshine band,bee gees,jW,sd,NE,JB

Miami Heat, New York Yankees,buffalo bills

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: how would you rank Rick James Discrography?
Feb 28th 2015
Mar 01st 2015
Mar 08th 2015

Jakob Hellberg
Member since Apr 18th 2005
9766 posts
Sat Feb-28-15 10:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: how would you rank Rick James Discrography?"
In response to Reply # 0

1. Throwing down. While it largely follow the same formula as "Street songs", I honestly think he perfected it here...
2. Street Songs. Not much to say here; 8 songs, 8 bangers *and* with diversity to boot even if the last one SHOULD have been longer...
3. Fire it Up. Maybe a controversial pick over the debut but I can't lie; the absce4nse of slick disco tun4es backed by TRick REALLY finding his own style/voice and the "heavy" tunes being bangers give this one an edge... The first side is his most rocking side and since I'm a dumb metalhead, I appreaciate that, you can just groove to those tunes...
4.Debut. SO many classic songs but the problem to me is that the fillers are just ''whatever''...
5. Bustin' out. I like several *songs* on this one and nothing is bad but it's not really an *ALBUM* IMO...

Deacon Blues
Charter member
5013 posts
Sun Mar-01-15 02:19 AM

2. "RE: how would you rank Rick James Discrography?"
In response to Reply # 0

Street Songs
Come Get It
Throwin Down

Tie
Bustin Out
Fire It Up
Garden of love
Cold Blooded

dude

Record Playa
Member since Apr 29th 2007
2925 posts
Sun Mar-08-15 03:48 AM

3. "RE: how would you rank Rick James Discrography?"
In response to Reply # 0

1.Throwin Down
2.Bustin Out
3.Street Songs
4.Come and Get It

Most overlooked - Deeper Still

Lobby The Lesson topic #2921919 Previous topic | Next topic