Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2918556

Subject: "Can we talk about the absurdities of Hip Hop (volume 2)" Previous topic | Next topic
Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Thu Jan-29-15 02:42 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Can we talk about the absurdities of Hip Hop (volume 2)"

In light of the TMZ story about Wayne suing Cash Money, I thought it would only be right that I kick off this volume by looking at the shit show that is Cash Money Records.

First of all the Head of the label is a grown ass Man named "Baby". Now that might have been an ok nickname if he hadn't somehow found a way to look like 40 year old man dressing like a 19 year old for the last 20 years.

Their first big act (on a national level) was a gent by the name of "Juvenile" who was part of a group called the "Hot Boys" who had been a part of the Label since they were early teens.

The most successful member of this group ended up being the youngest member who chose the rap name of "Lil Wayne" and would later be seen on camera kissing the previously mentioned Baby on the lips.

Wayne ended up (momentarily) becoming the Biggest rapper in the world for a short period of time before getting derailed by jail (and a terrible Rock album) but luckily enough shortly before that happened HE managed to start his own sub label called "Young Money" that was anchored by the former Biracial star of a Canadian Teen soap Opera and a hyperactive, less lyrical Lil Kim.

Oh, and somehow this label managed to find a way to have signed both Limp Bizkit AND Paris Hilton AFTER 2006!

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Lobby The Lesson topic #2918556 Previous topic | Next topic