Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2911261

Subject: "No Carter V **swipe**" Previous topic | Next topic
beatnik
Member since Oct 24th 2004
2950 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 02:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"No Carter V **swipe**"

I was hoping The Carter V would drop and be his best yet or a throwback, because hating on Wayne was funny for a minute but his run leading up to Carter III was great. And this makes me wonder how Drake gets away with making his albums the way he wants.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/12/lil-wayne-cash-money-wont-release-carter-v/

PEACE LOVE and MONEY

https://soundcloud.com/dabeatnik/drumpf-beer

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
That Pusha tweet killed me.
Dec 04th 2014
RE: That Pusha tweet killed me.
Dec 04th 2014
I wonder that too.
Dec 04th 2014
Wayne is old and no longer profitable
Dec 04th 2014
      RE: Wayne is old and no longer profitable
Dec 04th 2014
      Young Thug is going to have to have hits for like a decade to make profi...
Dec 05th 2014
      You took that too far
Dec 05th 2014
yeah, I literally laughed out loud reading that exchange
Dec 04th 2014
he needs to contact Freddie Foxxx
Dec 04th 2014
Didn't Bump already pull Baby's skirt over somebody's money?
Dec 05th 2014
      Made him apologize at gun point lol
Dec 05th 2014
      According to Wendy Day, not Freddie Foxx
Dec 05th 2014
           He has a history of doing shit like that
Dec 06th 2014
RE: No Carter V **swipe**
Dec 04th 2014
Pusha T is a damn fool lol
Dec 04th 2014
woah...that was unexpected
Dec 05th 2014
Wayne had real organic momentum for a few weeks last Summer
Dec 05th 2014
song probably didn't register on top 40 like they wanted
Dec 05th 2014
Wayne's earned the right to put this album out his way.
Dec 05th 2014
This is about money. Not songs.
Dec 05th 2014
RE: This is about money. Not songs.
Dec 05th 2014
      Which students?
Dec 06th 2014
thank God.
Dec 05th 2014
We're staying where we're at (c) his manager
Dec 05th 2014
now he suing the label, man
Jan 28th 2015

Madvillain 626
Member since Apr 25th 2006
10018 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 03:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "That Pusha tweet killed me."
In response to Reply # 0

Baby prolly lettin Drake do what he wants because Drake is the cash cow right now. Baby already made stacks off Weezy.

-------------------------------
If life is stupendous one cannot also demand that it should be easy. - Robert Musil

JFrost1117
Member since Aug 12th 2005
23880 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 03:42 PM

2. "RE: That Pusha tweet killed me."
In response to Reply # 1

I clicked the link like, "What could Push possibly have to s--HOLY SHIT, HE'S A GENIUS!"

I wonder what the cause of this trouble in paradise. I also wonder if this'll be some shit like "Damn, somebody hacked my Twitter, there is NO BEEF."

Yes! She's on the drugs. (c) BoHagon

The Wordsmith
Member since Aug 13th 2002
17070 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 04:53 PM

3. "I wonder that too."
In response to Reply # 2

The "I've been hacked" is THEE go to excuse for seemingly all celebrities. They have no qualms about insulting our intelligence with that one.

Since 1976

Stadium Status
Member since Sep 03rd 2007
1155 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 08:19 PM

7. "Wayne is old and no longer profitable"
In response to Reply # 2

Baby is seeing the signs and going with the young guys who are "in" now

A one-stop page for new content from former Grantland-ers: https://twitter.com/grantlander33

JFrost1117
23880 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 11:19 PM

9. "RE: Wayne is old and no longer profitable"
In response to Reply # 7

I don't disagree about Weazel F., but it's still weird (IMO) to read/hear about this happening to the "son"/last person standing the last time Cash Money fell apart. I don't listen to anyone on the label, but it'll be interesting to hear what leaks out about why Busta left, and why Tyga and Wayne's albums aren't dropping.

Hopefully for Young Thug, they can't touch his mixtape or show money, cuz I'm pretty sure this same shit could happen to him.

Nodima
Member since Jul 30th 2008
15297 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 03:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
18. "Young Thug is going to have to have hits for like a decade to make profi..."
In response to Reply # 9

Unless there's been some follow up to this exposé I missed

http://www.buzzfeed.com/naomizeichner/young-thug-trapped-major-label-deal

He has, what, three contracts with three people all of whom have various holdings of his music?

I didn't re-read the article but I remember it being a serious clusterfuck (I think Migos got caught up in a similar situation with 1017 as well but they're clearly a Quality Control band now).

~~~~~~~~~
"This is the streets, and I am the trap." � Jay Bilas
http://www.popmatters.com/pm/archive/contributor/517
Hip Hop Handbook: http://tinyurl.com/ll4kzz

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 02:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
14. "You took that too far"
In response to Reply # 7

Wayne could drop an album with no video or single and outsell a new album from Young Thug and Rich Homie Quan combined. Wayne sells records all over the world. You can't be serious. Wayne will be more famous than all the new guys Baby is hanging around with/calling Rich Gang for the five years, easy.

This must suck for Nicki, because she is about to drop a new record and EVERY interviewer will ask a Wayne question, to which she will have to say "no comment" because it's not like she's hopping in this middle of this sh-tstorm.

Nate Geezie
Member since Feb 07th 2004
13530 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 06:00 PM

5. "yeah, I literally laughed out loud reading that exchange"
In response to Reply # 1

I Grew Up On Booty Shake...We Did Not Know No Betta Thangs...

https://Soundcloud.com/DJNategeezie/Saturday-Night

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 05:09 PM

4. "he needs to contact Freddie Foxxx"
In response to Reply # 0

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 07:57 AM

12. "Didn't Bump already pull Baby's skirt over somebody's money?"
In response to Reply # 4

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Anonymous
Charter member
23226 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 10:08 AM

13. "Made him apologize at gun point lol"
In response to Reply # 12

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 02:23 PM

15. "According to Wendy Day, not Freddie Foxx"
In response to Reply # 12
Fri Dec-05-14 02:24 PM by spirit

Not sure if it went down how she described (kneeling, crying, etc) because I'm sure Baby has had a gun in his face before.

Could see Foxx pulling a pistol out on Baby, but I don't think he ever paid her, pistol or not.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Sat Dec-06-14 08:25 AM

23. "He has a history of doing shit like that"
In response to Reply # 15

and I've heard that story before, just couldn't remember the details.

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

Johnny
Charter member
4446 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 08:15 PM

6. "RE: No Carter V **swipe**"
In response to Reply # 0

pusha t is stupid. that shit was funny

beatnik
2950 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 10:10 PM

8. "Pusha T is a damn fool lol"
In response to Reply # 0

But the Drake as a cow theory doesn't entirely work because his music is emo as fuck. You can say they leave him alone because the fans like it and it works, but all Drake criticism aside, it seems like if they tell him to make a single he makes HIS single, those tracks usually stand out from his moody ass themes but never too much imo. Carter 3&4? I say those albums were all over the place. "How to love" from Wayne sounds more forced than "hold on we're going home" from Drake.

PEACE LOVE and MONEY

Hellyeah
Member since Jul 05th 2008
6507 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 07:43 AM

10. "woah...that was unexpected"
In response to Reply # 0

Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18386 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 07:49 AM

11. "Wayne had real organic momentum for a few weeks last Summer"
In response to Reply # 0

And these guys missed the boat. "Believe Me" is a huge song, and then Wayne and Drake went on tour...aaand there's still no project. I have no idea what that's about.

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 02:26 PM

16. "song probably didn't register on top 40 like they wanted"
In response to Reply # 11

being huge on urban radio isn't enough for the sales universal probably expects from wayne. if he doesn't have a crossover hit, i could see them wanting to sit on their hands till he finds one. sadly, wayne will probably have to put out some song singing again to get a release date. smh.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 02:36 PM

17. "Wayne's earned the right to put this album out his way."
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Dec-05-14 02:37 PM by rorschach

Shit he IS the reason there is a Cash Money today. That label lasted because of him and him alone. Baby wouldn't even be in that Forbes Top 5 w/o Wayne's albums and the money he gets because of Young Money. Not to mention, Wayne's basically spent his daughter's whole life touring and recording.

I understand that ultimately they (Baby/Slim) want Carter V to match Carter III in terms or crossover appeal and sales but they should let Wayne have this one his way....especially if it's his last album. Waiting for Wayne to drop the second coming of Lollipop isn't fair to Wayne at this point.

mrshow
Charter member
12567 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 05:17 PM

19. "This is about money. Not songs."
In response to Reply # 0

They put out Rebirth. They'll put out anything with his name on it.

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 06:52 PM

20. "RE: This is about money. Not songs."
In response to Reply # 19

He had a lot more good will in the industry before rebirth...

He doesn't have that now. The student/s have surpassed the teacher.

But they should just wait for shit to cool down and drop it out of nowhere. He's at a point in his career where he doesn't need much promo. Just put the record out.

By putting out lukewarm singles people see the kinks in your armor. By pulling a Beyonce you can win off name alone

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Sat Dec-06-14 09:36 PM

24. "Which students?"
In response to Reply # 20

"The student/s have surpassed the teacher."

Is that a Drake reference? That's the only "student" of Wayne's I see surpassing him, even though I see Drake as a graduate of the University of Kanye West, despite his label affiliation.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)

guru0509
Charter member
45353 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 07:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
21. "thank God."
In response to Reply # 0

the faster this guy disappears, the better.

-------------------
I wanna go to where the martyrs went
the brown figures on the walls of my apart-a-ment...

JFrost1117
23880 posts
Fri Dec-05-14 07:22 PM

22. "We're staying where we're at (c) his manager"
In response to Reply # 0

https://www.thefader.com/2014/12/05/lil-waynes-manager-claims-that-hes-not-leaving-cash-money

Yesterday, Lil Wayne went off on Twitter and claimed in a series of tweets that he was finished with the Cash Money label—but his manager is telling a different story. TMZ caught up with Wayne's manager Cortez Bryant last night, who claimed that both Wayne and Tyga have no bad blood with the label. When TMZ's photog asked Bryant if he and Wayne were looking at other labels, he said, "We stayin' where we at." Is he telling the truth? Who knows!

beatnik
2950 posts
Wed Jan-28-15 10:33 PM

25. "now he suing the label, man"
In response to Reply # 0

http://pitchfork.com/news/58255-lil-wayne-sues-birdman-and-cash-money-for-51-million-freedom-from-label/

I know it's not strictly music convo, but I don't see a bright future for Young/Cash money

PEACE LOVE and MONEY

Lobby The Lesson topic #2911261 Previous topic | Next topic