Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2908568

Subject: "FKA Twigs Makes Her American TV Debut on Fallon [FULL VIDEO] " Previous topic | Next topic
mackmike
Member since Jan 27th 2005
499 posts
Thu Nov-06-14 06:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"FKA Twigs Makes Her American TV Debut on Fallon [FULL VIDEO] "

FKA Twigs left Jimmy Fallon speechless last night. The delicate chanteuse that we first sang praises for back in February, now has a celebrated album (LP1) and is making a powerful promo campaign. Performing with the same whimsy and quiet fury that she brings to her recorded tracks, her performance of her single “Two Weeks” on The Tonight Show was a beautiful spectacle. Replete with flowing tapestries and powerful gusts of wind, the stage performance encapsulated the ephemeral nature that Twigs projects. Enjoy the performance below!

http://www.soulhead.com/2014/11/06/fka-twigs-makes-american-tv-debut-fallon-full-video-fkatwigs-jimmyfallon

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Honestly, I like her whole style, but I think she sounds bad live
Nov 06th 2014
I was worried when I read your comment
Nov 06th 2014
I thought the same thing....
Nov 06th 2014
I guess this is some Cody Chestunutt shit. I can't clap
Nov 07th 2014

amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Thu Nov-06-14 07:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Honestly, I like her whole style, but I think she sounds bad live"
In response to Reply # 0

This performance did not sound good IMO.

CondoM
Member since Aug 20th 2006
9881 posts
Thu Nov-06-14 09:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I was worried when I read your comment"
In response to Reply # 1
Thu Nov-06-14 09:05 PM by CondoM

Expecting something like Lana's first major performance. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either, at least until towards the end. Such a good song though, I like her album but this is by far my favourite track.

Visually though, that was cool as fuck even if it would send half of the population into a seizure.

http://www.last.fm/user/_CondoM_/

rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Thu Nov-06-14 10:20 PM

3. "I thought the same thing...."
In response to Reply # 1

Twigs sings so high that it can sound too quiet when the music is playing. Not to mention, she usually is in motion while performing so that has to affect her breathing when singing.

Maybe she should add some background singers or something...

DVS
Member since Sep 13th 2002
19730 posts
Fri Nov-07-14 09:33 AM

4. "I guess this is some Cody Chestunutt shit. I can't clap "
In response to Reply # 0

not falling for the banana in the tailpipe again.

D

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Waldorf and Statler Vol 4:CONAN IS OUT NOW!!!: http://waldorfandstatler.bandcamp.com

and don't forget to check "DVS 4 ALDERMAN"

http://windimoto.bandcamp.com/album/dvs-4-alderman-bandcamp-exclusive-expanded-editio

Lobby The Lesson topic #2908568 Previous topic | Next topic