Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2908164

Subject: "How's that new Logic album?" Previous topic | Next topic
redbaron
Charter member
4254 posts
Mon Nov-03-14 06:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How's that new Logic album?"

Sounds like the kids got skills...

Anybody hear it?

you have sexually transmitted crazy mouth...DEALBREAKER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdIMxP70sAM&feature=related

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
There is another post on logic somewhere here
Nov 03rd 2014
Can we please stop calling EVERYTHING we even moderately like
Nov 03rd 2014
I bought it...I like the jount.
Nov 04th 2014

Kosa12
Member since Jul 19th 2006
4988 posts
Mon Nov-03-14 06:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "There is another post on logic somewhere here"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Nov-03-14 07:00 PM by Kosa12

Which was full of mainly negative reactions, but even though it wasn't amazing or anything, I really enjoyed it. At times it comes off as derivative though (as was pointed out in the other lesson post, Drake and even more so GKMC's influence is stamped all over the album), but the kid can spit and the beats are dope. I have followed him since his second mixtape and this is easily the best thing he has put out since, despite what I said about it being derivative earlier, its still kind of refreshing that this is a major label debut and it wasn't ruined by the things that normally come with such debuts (there are NO features on this album except in the bonus tracks). There really isn't any songs I would call wack, except maybe the intro and some of the bonus tracks. I'm interested to see where he goes from here

----------
https://93millionmilesabove.blogspot.com/
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Kosa12

Hitokiri
Charter member
22092 posts
Mon Nov-03-14 07:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Can we please stop calling EVERYTHING we even moderately like"
In response to Reply # 1

"Refreshing" or "a breath of fresh air"?

Please.

But on to my thoughts on the album.

I think the album is... kinda whatever. A solid 2.5/5 album. 3/5 if I'm being generous. It is nothing new or unique, extremely derivative... Sometimes I even wondered if I was listening to J. Cole. Sounds like Drake, sounds like Kendrick.

Raps are fine. Nothing spectacular, nothing terrible. Though he does have some very clever moments, he also has some painful ones.

Anyhow the album is just ok to me. Nothing grabbed me enough to make me even want to listen to it again. But despite that I'm gonna give it a few more spins, just to make sure.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

RaphaelSoulLee
Member since May 21st 2003
3765 posts
Tue Nov-04-14 03:53 PM

3. "I bought it...I like the jount. "
In response to Reply # 0

Not in...loove...wit' it, but I most certainly find myself giving a certain contigent of songs a couple spins everyday since I bought it. That was last Monday. I think it has certainly grown on me, for sure. I'm happy for the kid. Seems super humble in all of his interviews and worked hard to get where he is. I'm rootin' for cuz!

It takes all kinds to make up a world, son. -My pops

I just live for the comments -Da wiz

Lobby The Lesson topic #2908164 Previous topic | Next topic