Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2907949

Subject: "RTJ 2 Tour Mix" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8597 posts
Fri Oct-31-14 03:49 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RTJ 2 Tour Mix"

http://massappeal.com/premiere-trackstar-the-djs-rtj2-tour-mix/

Happy Halloween. And anyone going to the Philly show tonight enjoy. Can't wait for the NYC show.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
Up for those who might have missed over the wknd
Nov 03rd 2014
He’s a solid MC who bodies his verses.
Nov 03rd 2014
      RE: He’s a solid MC who bodies his verses.
Nov 03rd 2014

quikfit
Charter member
1897 posts
Mon Nov-03-14 10:07 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "Up for those who might have missed over the wknd"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm glad Trackstar did this. I'm not really up on RatKing so glad I can check them out on this.
I haven't given it a full spin yet, but so far so good.

Side note -
I find it so strange that Despot doesn't have an album out, but people seem to be all over him. I wasn't deep into DefJux when they were poppin', so I'm sure there's some old lore to it all. People really feel him THAT much though? If he and El weren't pals, would he ever play a gig? No snark, that's a legit question.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Soul music is bad, bad, bad!

BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Mon Nov-03-14 03:55 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "He’s a solid MC who bodies his verses."
In response to Reply # 1

He’s a bit one note with his version of rappity rap, but over interesting production it could be hot.

What make it weird is the fact that while he’s been popping up heavily in the loosely connected NYC revivalist MC thing popping on from Das Racist to Mr. MFN ExQuire…he’s released nothing while they’ve got several mixtapes/albums to their names.

I remember he was cracking “Im gonna eventually release my album” jokes when he played NY with Killer Mike/El-P two years ago and there’s still no record in sight. It means people are hungry, and also a bit curious to what could be taking so long considering he's 'working' as far as touring/guest appearances are concerned.

Numba_33
Charter member
19311 posts
Mon Nov-03-14 04:11 PM

3. "RE: He’s a solid MC who bodies his verses."
In response to Reply # 2

>It means
>people are hungry, and also a bit curious to what could be
>taking so long considering he's 'working' as far as
>touring/guest appearances are concerned.

On one of the Combat Jack show episodes, he was a guest and mentioned he currently owns a club in NYC. He could either be legitimately busing running the club or earning enough money from the club to the point he doesn't feel pressed monetarily to want to release his album.

On the same episode, Bun B himself asked why Despot doesn't have an album.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2907949 Previous topic | Next topic