Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2907353

Subject: "Just signed up for Discogs. What have been ur experiences?" Previous topic | Next topic
normal35762
Member since Oct 20th 2004
13246 posts
Mon Oct-27-14 04:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Just signed up for Discogs. What have been ur experiences?"

Just singed up for Discogs. Saw some records I might want at good prices. Saw some I wanted at not so good prices too. Any tips or advice on how to work Discogs? Possibly getting better prices on wax you want? Ever did trades on there? Any tips for that? What have been ur experiences with it?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I've bought and sold
Oct 28th 2014
check the sellers ratings!!
Oct 28th 2014
only bought...
Oct 29th 2014
I've always been pleased with purchases through it
Oct 29th 2014
never traded but
Oct 29th 2014
read the seller's terms before you buy
Oct 31st 2014

Options
Member since Nov 19th 2009
1013 posts
Tue Oct-28-14 03:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I've bought and sold "
In response to Reply # 0

a few things through Discogs. it's been cool overall, but my biggest impression is that stuff I was sure people would wanna snap up from me sat collecting dust on my sale page. *shrug*

aside from the marketplace tho, it's strangely fun building and organizing the digital version of your collection. it's also very useful for learning about releases with multiple pressings n' stuff.

My_SP1200_Broken_Again
Charter member
57003 posts
Tue Oct-28-14 10:08 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "check the sellers ratings!! "
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Oct-28-14 10:12 AM by My_SP1200_Broken_Aga

....discogs is dope though, and very addicting because you will never have enough records in your life (at least not me)

< Live Mixshow - Thurs 11PM/EST >
https://twitch.tv/djchiefone

----Mixtape Archives-----
https://soundcloud.com/djchiefone

Ascension
Member since Aug 25th 2003
6616 posts
Wed Oct-29-14 09:01 AM

3. "only bought..."
In response to Reply # 0

I use it frequently when i need something i know i can't find on Ebay or diggin at record shops. Most times from overseas cats.

Havent had a bad experience yet.

Instagram: ascensionmusic

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed Oct-29-14 09:28 AM

4. "I've always been pleased with purchases through it"
In response to Reply # 0

It's much better than ebay for music, because the quality usually is what they claim. That's the biggest risk buying online.

I've wanted to use it to catalog my shit but never have the time. Don't know if I'd ever sell shit, but if I did and it wasn't just throw away shit I'd probably go discogs.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

DJW
Member since Feb 27th 2003
433 posts
Wed Oct-29-14 01:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "never traded but"
In response to Reply # 0

I bought a 12" Buffalo Stance record. Process wasn't much different than ebay.
Searching discogs for me is a problem though. Way too many wants on the list I'll never buy. And then things I don't remember wanting like a Shorty Swing My Way single?

Disco Dope new instrumental mixtape
https://soundcloud.com/channelchanger

love2000
Charter member
2905 posts
Fri Oct-31-14 03:20 PM

6. "read the seller's terms before you buy"
In response to Reply # 0

some international sellers have CRAZY shipping prices they add to their costs.

.. and some will ship additional records for .50 if you buy from them making it cheaper for you to buy a bunch from the same seller

Lobby The Lesson topic #2907353 Previous topic | Next topic