Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2901258

Subject: "Combat Jack - The Ice-T Episode" Previous topic | Next topic
ZooTown74
Member since May 29th 2002
43582 posts
Sat Sep-13-14 12:23 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Combat Jack - The Ice-T Episode"

Really, y'all? I know he hasn't been hittin' lately, but damn, we just gonna ignore 3 hours with Ice-T (well, 2.5 hours with Ice-T and .5 with Ice and Coco)?

Really dope episode, imo. Dug how he talked about the politics behind the Cop Killer controversy, and if you listen closely, you can sense just how much the whole ordeal affected him (and still affects him). His story about getting New Jack City was also pretty funny. And no, he doesn't talk about LL. Still an entertaining listen.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Some of you post as if you're really short.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I almost fell out when he said he's 56
Sep 12th 2014
RE: I almost fell out when he said he's 56
Sep 15th 2014
great episode
Sep 12th 2014
One of the better Combat Jack eps.
Sep 12th 2014
this is an instant favorite
Sep 12th 2014
I like the Combat Jack episodes where the guest takes over
Sep 12th 2014
I'm not necessarily a fan of his
Sep 15th 2014
I thought that was common knowledge
Sep 15th 2014
Loved this ep. Gems for DAYS!
Sep 15th 2014

j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Fri Sep-12-14 08:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "I almost fell out when he said he's 56"
In response to Reply # 0

according to music industry logic, that would make him like 62 right?
I mean, he's been at it since the early 80's. In his book he said he got out of the army in like 80, 81, something like that.
And they're right, the Power cover is one of the GOAT
besides the obvious, the symbolism and the plain white backdrop make it stand out from the rest

Never thought I'd say this but I think Dallas should come back...in small limited doses.

I used to read the source every month and I remember them going in on the cop killer thing, it did affect his credibility and back then to be a sellout was a fate worse than death

But look who's laughing now.

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Mon Sep-15-14 01:57 PM

7. "RE: I almost fell out when he said he's 56"
In response to Reply # 1

>And they're right, the Power cover is one of the GOAT
>besides the obvious, the symbolism and the plain white
>backdrop make it stand out from the rest

If you're interested, Ice T's girlfriend from that Power album cover Darlene Ortiz used to do an internet show with comedian Corey Holcomb about two or so years ago. If you're interested, I can throw up links for you to check them out.

>Never thought I'd say this but I think Dallas should come
>back...in small limited doses.

I think while before Dallas went on his current break/leave of absence from the show, he said he was tired of interviewing rappers non-stop. While I miss the back and forth banter the show used to have, if he isn't into the interviews, he shouldn't do them if his heart isn't into it. Plus the show is much more streamlined compared to how it was when it first started out, which I don't mind that much.

Garhart Poppwell
Member since Nov 28th 2008
18115 posts
Fri Sep-12-14 11:00 AM

2. "great episode"
In response to Reply # 0

"Whoever just said that is in my next movie" has to be the greatest unintentional audition ever

Un-OK'd moderator for The Lesson and Make The Music (yes, I do's work up in here, and in your asscrease if you run foul of this

PROMO
Charter member
30966 posts
Fri Sep-12-14 12:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
3. "One of the better Combat Jack eps."
In response to Reply # 0

I fux w/ Ice pretty tough.

Dude has been able to take risks and re-invent himself a few times over.

squeeg
Charter member
34484 posts
Fri Sep-12-14 04:25 PM

4. "this is an instant favorite"
In response to Reply # 0

Ice-T stays dropping gems.

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Fri Sep-12-14 05:55 PM

5. "I like the Combat Jack episodes where the guest takes over"
In response to Reply # 0

This is a good one for sure.

Numba_33
Charter member
19332 posts
Mon Sep-15-14 01:53 PM

6. "I'm not necessarily a fan of his"
In response to Reply # 0

nor did I check out the reality TV show he had, but this was a great episode because he was down to earth and wasn't there to see a product or push an agenda. Kept it real and matter of fact pertaining to his journey. Interesting how he didn't really delve into SVU since he's been on the show for ages now, but I kinda got the feeling that music is his true passion and not being in front of the camera. I was amazed when he said he bit another rapper's flow for the song Colors.

handle
Charter member
18951 posts
Mon Sep-15-14 02:10 PM

8. "I thought that was common knowledge"
In response to Reply # 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dja-ahEodxg

13Rose
Charter member
19379 posts
Mon Sep-15-14 03:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
9. "Loved this ep. Gems for DAYS!"
In response to Reply # 0

When Ice said what was the last important hip hop album, that made me think. You can't front on that criteria. Albums that actually push the culture and the craft forward. Kast got a few in there. Wu definitely. I'd argue that Kendrick's GKMC was an important album. Drake doesn't have one. It makes for an interesting convo.

This post was paid for by the following.

www.twitter.com/13Rose
www.debunkthemyth.org
http://dashaunworld.wordpress.com/
www.mothergreen.com

Remember MJ The Great!
PSN: ThirteenRose

Lobby The Lesson topic #2901258 Previous topic | Next topic