Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2898523

Subject: "My new album: Colonel Custard's Lonely Dick Pic Band" Previous topic | Next topic
rhymesandammo
Member since Dec 07th 2004
6366 posts
Tue Aug-26-14 09:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"My new album: Colonel Custard's Lonely Dick Pic Band"

STREAM & DOWNLOAD: https://blahzemisfits.bandcamp.com/album/colonel-custards-lonely-dick-pic-band

Colonel Custard’s Lonely Dick Pic Band is the sophomore project from my rap group Blahzé Misfits and features appearances by Lorde, ComPL3xX & Pepperboy as well as production by Co.fee, Tarzan, Samiyam, The Great Mundane & ELOQ.

Colonel Custard’s Lonely Dick Pic Band is a darkly comedic rap record inspired by the occult, old vaudeville routines and classic literature.

I know some of you have enjoyed my music in the past and thought I'd show you the project that I'm most proud of and worked the hardest on. Thank you for coming along on this ride so far, your support and kindness has been much appreciated.

Esteemed author of the celebrated, double-platinum post: "Drake - Wu-Tang Forever".

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
up
Aug 26th 2014
Dig dat, ....gonna peep when I get back to the crib, Dukez.
Aug 26th 2014
Head, hands, arms, legs & feet inside the ride at all times. Enjoy.
Aug 27th 2014
this is really, really good
Aug 28th 2014
Thanks, man. Been running into some red tape with it.
Aug 28th 2014
Article about the controversy / album review (4.5 out of 5)
Sep 02nd 2014
Just announced: we're playing CMJ this year. 10/20.
Sep 03rd 2014
nice!
Sep 03rd 2014
Thanks! Damn, Sha. It's been a minute. How are you?
Sep 04th 2014
hey guys.
Oct 09th 2014

Mash_Comp
Member since Jul 07th 2003
66714 posts
Tue Aug-26-14 01:06 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "up"
In response to Reply # 0

www.dumhi.com -- We are ALL dumhi

NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Tue Aug-26-14 05:08 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Dig dat, ....gonna peep when I get back to the crib, Dukez."
In response to Reply # 0

^Bump.

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

rhymesandammo
6366 posts
Wed Aug-27-14 09:29 AM

3. "Head, hands, arms, legs & feet inside the ride at all times. Enjoy."
In response to Reply # 2

Esteemed author of the celebrated, double-platinum post: "Drake - Wu-Tang Forever".

HighVoltage
Member since Jan 04th 2004
16583 posts
Thu Aug-28-14 11:18 AM

4. "this is really, really good"
In response to Reply # 0

dont overlook this one or let the album title mislead you.

there is a lot of creativity and top notch production on this album.

been a fan of all your projects, but this is easily your best yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.itsallthewaylive.net

www.twitter.com/allthewaylive

rhymesandammo
6366 posts
Thu Aug-28-14 04:08 PM

5. "Thanks, man. Been running into some red tape with it."
In response to Reply # 4

Sites that usually post our music (and who have posted our last album) aren't letting this one fly because of the title and cover art. I think that's odd because of how many songs out there that get posted on these sites with the word "pussy" in the title. Just last week, every rap blog posted up Nicki Minaj's Anaconda cover art with her bare ass, but a cartoon character who's dick is covered up with a parental advisory sticker is problematic? I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for us, but it's kind of troublesome.

If they listened to the album and decided they didn't like it, that's one thing. Artists, myself included, deal with rejection on a daily basis, but this is just ignorance and I'm doing what I can to fight back against it.

Thanks again for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed the album.

rhymesandammo
6366 posts
Tue Sep-02-14 10:47 AM

6. "Article about the controversy / album review (4.5 out of 5)"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.crayonbeats.com/album-review-blahze-misfits-colonel-custards-lonely-dick-pic-band/

Good to see the story starting to pick up some steam.

rhymesandammo
6366 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 10:02 AM

7. "Just announced: we're playing CMJ this year. 10/20."
In response to Reply # 0

Venue TBD. BrightestYoungThings showcase.

Thanks for spreading the album and supporting.

SHAstayhighalways
Member since Sep 03rd 2014
3696 posts
Wed Sep-03-14 03:48 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "nice!"
In response to Reply # 0

www.royallegacy.org

For Real (Official Video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRoCPO8esE

rhymesandammo
6366 posts
Thu Sep-04-14 11:12 AM

9. "Thanks! Damn, Sha. It's been a minute. How are you?"
In response to Reply # 8

rhymesandammo
6366 posts
Thu Oct-09-14 06:32 PM

10. "hey guys."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Oct-09-14 06:34 PM by rhymesandammo

cmj show is a lock for the 20th.

we're opening for dark sister at black bear, formally public assembly.

here's a cool article/review about the record and the controversy it's been garnering since release: http://crayonbeats.com/album-review-blahze-misfits-colonel-custards-lonely-dick-pic-band/

okay, i'm done. if any of you want to roll through to the show, inbox me your names and i'll try to guestlist you.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2898523 Previous topic | Next topic