Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2893832

Subject: "drill music is proof people like bill o'reilly were right 10 years ago." Previous topic | Next topic
febreeze
Member since Jul 19th 2014
295 posts
Mon Aug-04-14 09:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"drill music is proof people like bill o'reilly were right 10 years ago."
Sat Jul-26-14 01:18 AM by febreeze

in that rap music acts a vehicle to spread a negative influence that actually helps precipitate the culture of selling drugs/violence associated with the inner-city Black community.

while i have no doubt gangs in chicago would still exist in 2014 if rap music didn't.
rap music indisputably is infused in their contemporary daily operation and driving many of their young members to actually commit crime merely so that they can rap about it.

17 year old kids now are literally killing each other over rinky dink DIY youtube videos they shoot in their parents basements.
not rival turf, not drug conflicts or genuine prospective money-making opportunities.
dying over youtube viral fame and comments left on videos.

and what's it all for? to the delight of who?
MAYBE 10k other people in chicago?
75k other fools dispersed throughout the rest of the country? (overseas interest in drill is seemingly non-existent...)
a&rs who want a flavor of the month?
White cultural-tourist onlookers like andrew barber or noz gawking with a rock hard erection for some glimpse of an unadulterated "real" Black experience complete with all the stereotypical trimmings of guns, gangs, money, murder, etc.
all the profiteers really should be ashamed of the culture their attention has helped foster.

because if we step back - the whole thing is sickening.
especially considering how unlucrative rap music is for artists in 2014 compared to times previous.
it's all essentially pointless, exploitative, perverse.
i don't know...
maybe i'd be willing to turn a blind eye if the music associated with the "scene" wasn't derivative dog shit too.

i think at some point (now? 2 years ago?) we have to concede that bill-o the clown was bang on back in that argument with "cameron".

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm mad I have no idea what you're talking about
Jul 26th 2014
thanks for replying.
Jul 26th 2014
RE: drill music is proof people like bill o'reilly were right 10 years a...
Jul 27th 2014
Jul 27th 2014
This post would be helped if you had an actual bill o'reilly quote
Jul 28th 2014
Jul 28th 2014
Aug 04th 2014

Adwhizz
Member since Nov 12th 2003
40926 posts
Sat Jul-26-14 03:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I'm mad I have no idea what you're talking about"
In response to Reply # 0

and at the same time I'm pretty sure I know EXACTLY what you're talking about

R.I.P. Loud But Wrong Guy
Dec 29th 2009 - Dec 17th 2017

febreeze
Member since Jul 19th 2014
295 posts
Sat Jul-26-14 01:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "thanks for replying."
In response to Reply # 1

realityrap
Member since Sep 21st 2005
8405 posts
Sun Jul-27-14 11:26 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: drill music is proof people like bill o'reilly were right 10 years a..."
In response to Reply # 0

They are members of rival crews...that were rival crews before any type of songs or videos...that use the platform to taunt each other.

But yea, be quiet

dsteele
Member since Apr 21st 2006
168 posts
Sun Jul-27-14 07:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "RE: drill music is proof people like bill o'reilly were right 10 years a..."
In response to Reply # 0

"cultural tourist" and "onlookers" you spoke on that right there.

BLOWING UP THE SPOT,

dsteele, the detonator!

spirit
Charter member
21432 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 10:17 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
5. "This post would be helped if you had an actual bill o'reilly quote"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't even know what you're agreeing with.

Also, as noted in this post, the rappers you're talking about are generally street affiliated and would be beefing with rivals anyway, music or no music.

Peace,

Spirit (Alan)
http://wutangbook.com

double 0
Member since Nov 17th 2004
7007 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 11:09 AM

6. "RE: drill music is proof people like bill o'reilly were right 10 years a..."
In response to Reply # 0

Don't know what you are talking about via Bill O and Cam'ron..

BUT

Has Social Media made these "offenses" and "disses" worse. Like most posters said. These kids were rivals to begin with. But now they can shit on another gang/crew from their grandma's living room for ALL to see. Used to be you shit on someone when they weren't around and then they'd hear about it through someone. Now you get dissed and it's on World Star... Seems like it would exacerbate the problem.

Double 0
DJ/Producer/Artist
Producer in Kidz In The Hall
-------------------------------------------
twitter: @godouble0
IG: @godouble0
www.thinklikearapper.com

REPETITIVE_POSTING
Member since Aug 04th 2014
8 posts
Mon Aug-04-14 08:21 PM

7. "RE: drill music is proof people like bill o'reilly were right 10 years a..."
In response to Reply # 0

Lobby The Lesson topic #2893832 Previous topic | Next topic