Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2892008

Subject: "Peace ya'll, just dropped the 2nd installment of my Beatcast series...." Previous topic | Next topic
NoDrawls McGraw
Member since Jun 24th 2007
12122 posts
Sat Jul-12-14 07:19 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Peace ya'll, just dropped the 2nd installment of my Beatcast series...."

Nahmeanz, for my beatsmith instrumental ninjaz in here, fresh batch of melodic jazz'd-out laid-back goodness.

Roll sump'n, sip sump'n and vibe to deez....

Chris Wind - Da Hi-DeF Scrollz...Beatcast vol.2
http://chriswind.bandcamp.com/album/da-hi-def-scrollz-beatcast-vol-2

Peace......

https://chriswind.bandcamp.com/track/massage

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"
Afro-Americana/Afro-Caribbana/Afro-Latino unite. We are ALL Black!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
^Up for the monday Squad.
Jul 14th 2014
some need barZ but this is hard, dunny bravo
Jul 14th 2014
Good lookin' out, Fambody.
Jul 14th 2014
From the first guitar chord...
Jul 15th 2014
Oh yeah, and...
Jul 15th 2014
Snap, I ain't been in there in a minute.....need to make that happen.
Jul 15th 2014
My Manz, ...Nuff Respect!
Jul 15th 2014
      Haha, you too man, you too...
Jul 26th 2014
DOOOPE
Jul 15th 2014
Snap, 916 represent! Good lookin' Famz!
Jul 15th 2014
alright.. just listened to the whole joint
Jul 27th 2014
Yo, dig dat, Famz!
Jul 27th 2014

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Mon Jul-14-14 04:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "^Up for the monday Squad."
In response to Reply # 0

"You can take an African out of Africa, but you can't take Africa out of the African"

Mash_Comp
Member since Jul 07th 2003
66714 posts
Mon Jul-14-14 10:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "some need barZ but this is hard, dunny bravo "
In response to Reply # 0

www.dumhi.com -- We are ALL dumhi

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Mon Jul-14-14 11:31 PM

3. "Good lookin' out, Fambody."
In response to Reply # 2

You've got your heart on the pulse, 'cus on a couple hindsight listenings, I've been thinkin' the same like, "Damn, I shoulda got some ninjaz ta spit on some of these.."

Great minds.....

How's the writing/journalism coming along, Sun?

Peace....

_Torchbaras
Member since Jun 03rd 2011
2031 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 04:11 PM

4. "From the first guitar chord..."
In response to Reply # 0

...I knew you went and did it again!!!

Here go my hi lites:

- Endure is beautiful, minimalistic jazzhop at its finest!
I love how you kept it one chord til the quad chord pullback @ loops end,love how you incorporated the peaceful chantin. Drums was on point too, not soundin too hard or too thin, great bounce...

- DepLoy
Again, your ear for melodies and your ability to play them out amazes me! Went straight simple during the verses and then when the chorus melody drops, BAM!!! Sliding bass sweet and in the pocket! Dry snare will smack when played out loud... Nice touch with the stutter pattern at the end BTW...

- Pre-gamin´ I gotta mention just cause of the phat drums, clapsnare got it locked, vibe reminds me of some ole Pharcyde shit, dig it!

- Windz of Change got that ongoin don, du-dun bass with the guit to match it and the sweet horns on top! Hats on the constant, without taking control works well... My cruisin vibes right here!

MAAAN, this that shit I can just put on and let it ride all the way thru, just float away... Ive got infinite respect for your style and how you execute it, know that!

Peace.

----------------------------------

NEW Edo.G album FreEDOm coming soon!!!

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 04:13 PM

5. "Oh yeah, and..."
In response to Reply # 4

...we could def. use your talent in the chops!!!

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 07:51 PM

8. "Snap, I ain't been in there in a minute.....need to make that happen."
In response to Reply # 5

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 07:47 PM

7. "My Manz, ...Nuff Respect!"
In response to Reply # 4

Dat Brotha Torch,....

-Only an Alchemist can breakdown the methodology of another Alchemist-

...and one can clearly tell by how you breakdown the elements of a beat that, not only are you a true alchemist, but you truly love and appreciate this artform with all of your being. Your enthusiasm is a true gem, Sun.

I 'preciate the love, Fam.

Keep snappin' muhfukkaz necks....

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Sat Jul-26-14 05:18 PM

10. "Haha, you too man, you too..."
In response to Reply # 7

It takes one to know one lol!

Dont ever stop doin these... Mattafact make it a monthly!

Ohh, and UP FOR THE SLEEPERS!!!

cbk
Charter member
4535 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 05:48 PM

6. "DOOOPE"
In response to Reply # 0

very cool and smooth. perfect for the afternoon--esp in this hot ass weather we have here in sac this week!

Happy 50th D’Angelo: https://chrisp.bandcamp.com/track/d-50

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 07:54 PM

9. "Snap, 916 represent! Good lookin' Famz!"
In response to Reply # 6

You ain't lied neither, its been hot as a bitch out here in Sac this week.

Like, on my days off I like to sip a couple cold ones out inna park but
the last couple days been so hot, a ninja ain't been able to do dem shits.

*Daps

judono
Member since Nov 11th 2004
4417 posts
Sun Jul-27-14 07:07 PM

11. "alright.. just listened to the whole joint"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm saluting the whole lesson board and recommending we all start collaborating somehow and letting our nuts hang in this piece as a nationwide / international conglomerate. we got some multi talented cats in here.

and here we go.

your shit was jazzy as fuck. i see you on the live bass and guitar. didn't know what to except before i listed to the whole project, but after i did, i'm tipping my hat to you. i listened to the whole shit w/o skipping.

here's the track by track.

1. endure. this sounded like it was sampled from one of the roots first 2 albums (not organix tho. talking about do you want more or illadelph halflife era). that was what i wrote, when i heard it, but after hearing the rest of the project, i don't know... since i heard u getting busy on the live bass and guitar on the other cuts too.. anyway, sounded fresh.

2. reprise. bassline is driving this beat. this is a dope cut. reminds me of some old Duckdown/black moon/boot camp click era sounding shit.

3. wind staff. this is when it dawned on me that you were really playing the bass and guitar on these joints. this was another nice cut. i thought the part from the 1:00 mark to the 1:40 mark was too long tho and that little 40 second segment got a little redundant and dragged a little bit. was digging the rest of the instrumentation and first and 3rd sections tho. laid back sunday jazzy listening.

4. herbal essence. more smooth shit. nice joint.

5. deploy. started off on one thing. then flipped the groove on here dirty. this reminded me of Half Wu / Half Roots from the 94-95 era sonically; down the middle. i see u on the switch at 2:53-3:13.

6. pre gamin. really liked the drums on this (drum sounds and the programming. especially the snare) this cut was jazzy and funky at the same damn time! bass is funk, guitar is jazz george benson. dope

7. freeway rhymez. haha. you did some wild shit on this one. with the high ass note bass progression and what you're doing with the guitar accents. you need mc's to get on a couple of these ... or a singer.

8. sunroof rhmez. a sampled track. i heard you on the filtered main line and the female chop. this wasn't my favorite out the batch so far. drums and overall vibe didn't move me like that.

9. windz of change. this shit right here tho?!! my man! gimme a little bit and i'll be back

10. rumba jonez. back to the regularly scheduled broadcast. nice movement on the track. i could hear Black Thought on this at a live show. the beat isn't doing too much. it's locked on the groove real nice. This track would be even fresher if it had a smackin/slappin ass snare. (Tell Torch Baras to hook you up with 2 or 3.. ha. he knows what i'm talking about). snare on here a little too tinny, but that's the only critique where you could really take a dope cut, and even set it off just a little harder if one thing like the snare was more raw. (food for the soul).

11. wind ra. this last one is a quirky joint. on the way the instrumentation was done. bass is sounding real good sound wise. i thought some dope and kinda funny shit was the few parts in the beat where it sounds like the drum sticks got laid down and you kept that shit in there! i was like "this dude right here..." lol.

you got a dope jazzy style on you and it was sounding nice and organic. good job on the project.

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

NoDrawls McGraw
12122 posts
Sun Jul-27-14 09:51 PM

12. "Yo, dig dat, Famz!"
In response to Reply # 11

>i'm saluting the whole lesson board and recommending we all
>start collaborating somehow and letting our nuts hang in this
>piece as a nationwide / international conglomerate. we got
>some multi talented cats in here.

^ ^ ^You ain't NEVA lied. This place is like a huge hub of
talent & creativity.

>and here we go.
>
>your shit was jazzy as fuck. i see you on the live bass and
>guitar. didn't know what to except before i listed to the
>whole project, but after i did, i'm tipping my hat to you. i
>listened to the whole shit w/o skipping.

Thanks alot, Fam. I 'preciate you taking the time to listen, ya dig.

>11. wind ra. this last one is a quirky joint. on the way
>the instrumentation was done. bass is sounding real good
>sound wise. i thought some dope and kinda funny shit was
>the few parts in the beat where it sounds like the drum sticks
>got laid down and you kept that shit in there! i was like
>"this dude right here..." lol.

^ ^ ^Dat shit got me DYIN'! ! !....LMAO....I know exactly which part you're talkin' about. Granted, I sampled a live snare, ride, and kick for Wind-Ra, I manually programmed those drums but on the said parts that you're mentioning, I added a convoluted-reverb-effect to give the snare a *blurry dynamic. Sometimes I do shit like that for the herb-smokers, trip ninjaz out in the headphone-mix type shit.

>you got a dope jazzy style on you and it was sounding nice and
>organic. good job on the project.

Thanx alot for the love, Bruh. Nuff Respect!

*Daps

Lobby The Lesson topic #2892008 Previous topic | Next topic