Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2890705

Subject: "OKProducers CHOPS14 - 3rd Quarter" Previous topic | Next topic
_Torchbaras
Member since Jun 03rd 2011
2031 posts
Sun Jul-06-14 04:55 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"OKProducers CHOPS14 - 3rd Quarter"

AAAND WE BAAACK!!!

Time to dust off that trusty ole hardware, beat the pads, twist the knobs, click the mouse - whatever it takes for yall to bang out that SUMMERHEAT!!!

This months beautiful source is provided by Rose Royce, Golden Touch, and thats exactly what it is!!!

AS ALWAYS, MAKE FLAMES!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAAp9quLDQ

Looking forward to hearin the goodness, do my best to 1 up the competition!!!

----------------------------------

NEW Edo.G album FreEDOm coming soon!!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
I Def need to participate this go round.
Jul 02nd 2014
Do it!!!
Jul 06th 2014
Hey, hey, looks like I'm first
Jul 06th 2014
DAMMIT!!!
Jul 06th 2014
Yeah, yeah.
Jul 07th 2014
iite
Jul 13th 2014
      Thanks man.
Jul 19th 2014
Am I wrong...
Jul 06th 2014
#2, here goes...
Jul 06th 2014
Dope one.
Jul 08th 2014
Yup, I finally managed...
Jul 08th 2014
      My name is Herb-One and I'm a quantizaholic.
Jul 12th 2014
           Im down hah!
Jul 15th 2014
if anybody wants to hear hiphop mastery, ^^ this is the shit to peep
Jul 13th 2014
He aint lyin lol!
Jul 15th 2014
RE: #2, here goes...
Jul 24th 2014
      Really preciate it fam!!!
Jul 24th 2014
Producers scared to produce or what?
Jul 09th 2014
i'll play
Jul 09th 2014
Nice!
Jul 10th 2014
here goes my new joint: The BzRcyde / /
Jul 13th 2014
You want mosaic musical mastery, look no further!
Jul 15th 2014
RE: here goes my new joint: The BzRcyde / /
Jul 19th 2014
Producers, im in the mood to write&record. Drop some flavorful
Jul 13th 2014
Since you asked me for sum 2014ish...
Jul 21st 2014
      Hey not bad.
Jul 23rd 2014
           Haha, yeah....
Jul 23rd 2014
its been a long time.. im in
Jul 15th 2014
Dayum!
Jul 15th 2014
meins: "ALTERED STATES"
Jul 17th 2014
//
Jul 17th 2014
here ya go
Jul 17th 2014
PHAT sound!!!
Jul 21st 2014
This is very dope.
Jul 23rd 2014
Here's mine...
Jul 24th 2014
Real dope man!!!
Jul 24th 2014
RE: Real dope man!!!
Jul 24th 2014
      Respect right back!!!
Jul 26th 2014
           RE: Respect right back!!!
Jul 29th 2014
RE: Here's mine...
Jul 26th 2014
      RE: Here's mine...
Jul 29th 2014
Joining in the fun
Jul 28th 2014
RE: Joining in the fun
Jul 29th 2014
RE: Joining in the fun
Jul 29th 2014
YEAH YEAH!!!
Jul 29th 2014
      RE: YEAH YEAH!!!
Jul 31st 2014
nxt ep gonna be the royal fuck u sonically to the boys tryin2doThatFuck$...
Jul 29th 2014
can i get a lol
Jul 29th 2014
      AMEN!
Jul 29th 2014
it's been a minute
Jul 31st 2014
Somethin laidback,
Jul 31st 2014
aight here's mine
Jul 31st 2014
Yooo, dope one!
Aug 02nd 2014

darius heyward bey
Member since Oct 13th 2009
5119 posts
Wed Jul-02-14 07:22 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
1. "I Def need to participate this go round. "
In response to Reply # 0

Nigga I'm FAST....*pyoon*
ARE YOU TRYING TO RACE?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Hiper18Yc

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Sun Jul-06-14 04:53 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "Do it!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

We need more people.

From what I remember youve got some trunkrattling 808s and doubletime hats so thats an immediate +1 for diff., since nobody else seems to be workin them around here!

herbiehowsermc
Member since Mar 26th 2004
1785 posts
Sun Jul-06-14 07:56 AM

2. "Hey, hey, looks like I'm first"
In response to Reply # 0

What's up Torch and everybody. What's good? Summer is officially here. I go back to school on August 11th, so that should give me some time to put in some good work on my album(s).

I had a chance to work on music today so this was perfect timing. I didn't sit on this overnight like I usually do, so I'll probably find some problems with it later on.

Besides the drums everything is from the sample source. I chopped up two breakbeats and layered them with two hi-hats, and I used 3 kicks and 1 snare drum on top. I EQ'd out the highs of my main music section a couple of times and rearranged it a little for the bassline. So basically I chopped things up and added a little reverb, EQ and delay, that's it.

https://soundcloud.com/herb-one/in-you-okp

-----------
Herb-One "The One & Only"

http://www.facebook.com/Herb.One.Music
http://twitter.com/Herb_One
http://herb-one.bandcamp.com/
-----------

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Sun Jul-06-14 04:57 PM

5. "DAMMIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

...beat me to that #1 spot lol...

Good to have you back man, been a looong 3 months!

Im on extended vacay too, great to be able to focus solely on family and music... Hell, theres even time to be picky bout my beats again hah!

Hope you get around to finishing those albums, and the end results dope, lookin forward to hearin that...

Now, for the music -

You know, this might be the most POSITIVE vibe Ive ever come across in the beatoffs -

Like, seriously, this reeks joy, no worries, summer is here, windows down type ish!

Late 80s/early 90s breakbeat drums be straight nostalgia, lil too much rhythm to my taste, but it really is a great carrier for this kinda melody!

Heavy string chord at the end of each loop takes the cake - you know how sometimes, a single chop can lift everything else to new heights - thats IT right here!!!

Loved how you let the guitar breathe just before the (unexpected) breakdown, which was hella dope BTW, even tho it was faaar removed from the main piece vibewise...

All in all, great 1st to set the pace and the mood for this summer, SALUTE!!!

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Mon Jul-07-14 08:20 PM

7. "Yeah, yeah. "
In response to Reply # 5

Usually I'm 2nd or 3rd, but it's been quiet around here. Thanks, I just have an ungodly amount of mixing and editing to do, and I'm just procrastinating. It would be great to be able to put out some new music though. I still need to make a website too.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback. I'm also not sure about the drums. I thought about taking out or mixing down the main break, but then just left it. I also just got really lazy about it after I made it. It's only a 1 bar loop, so I think it would work better if I brought it in and out of the song or stretched it out to a 2 or 4 bar pattern and made it a little less busy.

The breakdown was just extra. I still had that "and you" chop and wanted to use it. I think it would work though. I was thinking the song is introspective and positive and then I would start complaining about somebody for a second and then drop it and tell myself to forget about that person. I freestyled some gibberish along those lines and I think it has potential.

judono
Member since Nov 11th 2004
4417 posts
Sun Jul-13-14 07:19 PM

15. "iite"
In response to Reply # 2

first.. props on chopping up some drums. they have nice uptempo movement.

i like what you did with the bass sample and how u were able to get it to knock in your mix.
i'm probably on my 3rd or 4th listen right now peepin game. you got busy on all your chops actually. you got a nice melodic line going with about 2 or 3 other samples. the vocal accent at the break around 1:15 was a nice way to mix shit up.

you did a nice job on this track. it was smooth but still on the uptempo

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Sat Jul-19-14 10:05 PM

27. "Thanks man. "
In response to Reply # 15

I'm pretty happy with how the bass turned out on this. I think I went an extra step with the bassline and it made a big difference. I think I might apply this technique to other songs, cuz it made it sound more like keyboard bass than it has when I've filtered bass out of samples recently. It might be the particular sample though.

I've been trying to do something different each time around, but I think I'll do something downtempo next time I just realized I've done a bunch of these close to 100 bpm's recently.

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Sun Jul-06-14 04:54 PM

4. "Am I wrong..."
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jul-06-14 04:54 PM by _Torchbaras

for 5 star rating these myself tho?

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Sun Jul-06-14 06:27 PM

6. "#2, here goes..."
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/torchbaras/okpchps14-34-mindframe

Lemme know and Ill let you know. Admitted, probably do it anyway.
Hope yall enjoy!!!

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Tue Jul-08-14 08:58 AM

8. "Dope one. "
In response to Reply # 6

Hey nice song structure. Ha ha. Good flow of the track, and perfect length. Shit bangs. I dig the melody that you made for the break in the middle. And the other sound that sounds like it came for a video game. I would like the drums to be a little closer on the spectrum towards quantized but maybe that's just me. Very nice work. This also has a very positive, summer vibe. It must be the sample source.

I have to admit I wasn't too excited when I first heard it (and I'm a big Rose Royce fan, well I hadn't heard that song before so not that much I guess.) But after I chopped a few parts I definitely had plenty to work with. Good choice man.

How's it been as a new dad? Great huh?

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-08-14 06:37 PM

9. "Yup, I finally managed..."
In response to Reply # 8

to make a coupla diff. patterns, lil switch ups here and there, some filterin, glad I took the time. Gotta thank you for puttin some pressure on me, cause I SERIOUSLY lack in that department lol... But yeah, we gettin there, slowly...

I spent the 1st 15 yrs. of beatmaking tryin to fit my beats into lil mathematical boxes, OCD type thing, made them all HEAVILY quantized, to the point where I totally lost the dynamics and flow of "real music". So yeah, Im stayin far away from tight formats now, explains the sloppyness of the drums, etc..

Oh yeah, videogame fx be my shit! Found a nice record online for TV production I guess, all kindsa goodness on there, round 50 10 sec. clips of different synth stuff! Great for spice...

Far as bein a father goes,

maan, its beautiful - lil man startin to become his own person now instead of the eat-shit-sleep package he was the 1st two months or so, smiling and laughing 90% of the day, talkin all kinds of epic gibberish AND sleepin 7-8 hrs. at night - dream baby thats for sure...

Thanks for askin and lettin me know what it is!

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Sat Jul-12-14 08:45 PM

13. "My name is Herb-One and I'm a quantizaholic. "
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah I get you on the quantize thing. I was on that hard as well for at least ten years. Maybe closer to 15 years. We need to organize some QA meetings or something.

Yeah the first 3 months is just a blur. It gets much more fun once they really start communicating and moving around. Man, 7-8 hours a night? You got lucky with that one.

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 05:34 AM

18. "Im down hah! "
In response to Reply # 13

And yeah, from what I hear concernin babies sleepin hours, I should probably be REAL thankful for this one...

judono
4417 posts
Sun Jul-13-14 08:15 PM

16. "if anybody wants to hear hiphop mastery, ^^ this is the shit to peep"
In response to Reply # 6

from the beginning filter and the first little high notes that get sprinkled in before the 4th bar, you already know what it is.

every fuckn sample is chopped immaculately. melodically.. on the money. dudes probably don't realize how many different sections and elements that were sampled, edited, truncated, and then flipped on this bitch.

is that a pacman eating a pellet sound effect you snuck in there yo? (lol).

i really like how you flipped that melodic high note part throughout the beat that is easily heard at the 1:54 - 2:00 minute part of the beat. and the vocal parts add that last little spice to finish things off.

another gem.

i'd like to hear you do another joint (especially since we ain't doing these as often as we used to)... where you do a 2015 sound, but still keep it Torch tho..

but this one right here , having worked with the rose royce sampled song, this is a 10. you freaked it.

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 05:41 AM

19. "He aint lyin lol!"
In response to Reply # 16

>from the beginning filter and the first little high notes that
>get sprinkled in before the 4th bar, you already know what it
>is.

Yo, I was actually concerned that filtered line was a lil too revealin, so that when it dropped, it would lack the climax feel!

>every fuckn sample is chopped immaculately. melodically..
> on the money. dudes probably don't realize how many
>different sections and elements that were sampled, edited,
>truncated, and then flipped on this bitch.

You see the work man, Im glad!!! Not many acknowledge the detail levels to this... Preciated!

>is that a pacman eating a pellet sound effect you snuck in
>there yo? (lol).
>
>i really like how you flipped that melodic high note part
>throughout the beat that is easily heard at the 1:54 - 2:00
>minute part of the beat. and the vocal parts add that last
>little spice to finish things off.

Yeah the hi note part was the last icing - I needed something to really separate the chorus from the rest, plus build the bridge, so thats that! It actually and ultra short chop from the intro to the source mapped out on the keyboard with a lil verb and such...

Again, thanks for the honest, in depth feedback man - means a lot!

Done checked for yours, but Ill hafta peep again to really let it marinate...

silentwar
Member since Dec 08th 2004
2039 posts
Thu Jul-24-14 02:19 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
33. "RE: #2, here goes..."
In response to Reply # 6

Fam...this is ridiculously dope bro...

http://www.speaklifeenterprises.com

"The outer world of circumstances shaped itself around the inner world of thought."
James Allen

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Thu Jul-24-14 04:13 PM

36. "Really preciate it fam!!!"
In response to Reply # 33

Bein retired from the active scene and not puttin stuff outthere keeps me from receivin any feedback on my beats as of lately, so any and all words from yall means somethin!

Yours was on point too...

judono
4417 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 01:32 PM

10. "Producers scared to produce or what?"
In response to Reply # 0

My mind is a incubator/

My Nxt batch is in the marinater/

Best producer on the microphone/

In the studio or recordin out they home/

Pimpin the shit out of the metronome/

Nvr quantize, im typin this off the dome/

Sippin dos equis lager at taco diner/

They just brought me the check/

Its time to sign 'er

Lunch break is over/ and back to the________ we go/
Nxt stop was vacant before i arrived /
and when i bust ,its time to blow

Data ovrload

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Wed Jul-09-14 09:22 PM

11. "i'll play"
In response to Reply # 0

V.

---
http://confessionsofacurlymind.com
https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymindredux
https://soundcloud.com/generic80sbadguy
https://soundcloud.com/miles_matheson

DROkayplayerâ„¢

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Thu Jul-10-14 08:43 AM

12. "Nice!"
In response to Reply # 11

BTW, I always forget to big you up on droppin those mixes on us from time to time - you seem to have an interest in and knowledge of a wide variety of music, thats dope!!!

I oftentimes wish my listening tastes wasnt so dayum conservative lol...

judono
4417 posts
Sun Jul-13-14 06:56 PM

14. "here goes my new joint: The BzRcyde / /"
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/valentinebomb/the-bzrcyde-dazzle

^^
new joint from The BzRcyde. this might be the part 1 or it might be the only one. i did some other stuff, and might do something else tonight but i'm not sure yet...

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 06:08 AM

21. "You want mosaic musical mastery, look no further!"
In response to Reply # 14

Take it from the top,

- Verby vox choir and the dazzle quote + the uptempo drums was fun for a starter!

- Then you dropped the deep old bass and took it out again, only to drop it again. It sounds meaner than mean, but doesnt blend too well with the vocal chops IMHO...

- Then the claps and the fly-in-yo-ear synth came on, and I was like, yoo, where we goin with this one? Took it straight to radio speak over a nice mellow beat backdrop! Real sweet.

- Then theres the tapish pitchbended section with the machinery drums, sloppy as hell just as I like em lol... Was a trip! The drops from the various other sources, vox and extra layers wasnt spot on pitchwise, but Im guessin thats on purpose, or you just aint care lol...

- Then the dreamy sequence bridge with the ahh ah, ahh ahs and the superdope synthy starshine bubbly stuff goin into the solo vox quote with the turntable backspin at the end? - NICE! Real star of the show to me, is what comes next tho...

- Some ole early Roc A Fella beat comes in and takes the prize lol! Static and verby filtered bells/piano (or is that a synth?), nice acoustic soundin bass in the back, then the dry choir - perfection! Funny thing is, the way the drums is underplayed and filtered, plus the synth fxs turned it slowly into something real 2014ish... I dont know exactly how you did that, but the transformation was deep and wellplayed!

All in all, I enjoyed this in a whole nother way than "just" noddin my way thru another banger! Dont get me wrong, I love straightforward 90s soundin beats the most, but listening to your stuff is always somethin completely different! Its not so much a joint, as it is an EXPERIENCE, and thats real rare these days... I preciated the ride thru Dallas and the Cosmos.

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Sat Jul-19-14 04:03 AM

26. "RE: here goes my new joint: The BzRcyde / /"
In response to Reply # 14

Man, there's a lot here to digest but I'm glad I took the time to dig in. I like it more and more as it progresses.
I love all the beat transitions and little effects going on between each section.
My only complaint is that some of the samples don't match up pitch wise.
My favorite is the radio drop beat and the last one. So chill.
Nice work this go round.

judono
4417 posts
Sun Jul-13-14 08:49 PM

17. "Producers, im in the mood to write&record. Drop some flavorful"
In response to Reply # 0

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Mon Jul-21-14 03:01 PM

28. "Since you asked me for sum 2014ish..."
In response to Reply # 17

https://soundcloud.com/torchbaras/js-challenge

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Wed Jul-23-14 07:37 AM

30. "Hey not bad. "
In response to Reply # 28

I can't hate on this. I can definitely nod my head to this, and I can't front on keyboard stuff if it's balanced with something real or really and on-purpose a keyboard beat. Start: Rant... There's nothing worse than keyboard piano and strings that are *supposed* to be real but sound anything but. /rant. I think the drums are cute but the samples are dope so it balances out. Or something. Anyway, nice beat.

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Wed Jul-23-14 04:09 PM

32. "Haha, yeah...."
In response to Reply # 30
Wed Jul-23-14 04:10 PM by _Torchbaras

I feel the same way bout these kinda beats - drums and weak emulated intruments so dayum plastic soundin it makes me cringe...
Thats why it was such a great challenge, to do somethin Id never have done by myself!

That bein said, I can understand the appeal this particular sound has to some audiences, its just lost on me. Not to sound arrogant or anythin, it just dont click with me if you know what Im sayin...

CB_010
Member since Mar 01st 2006
725 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 05:47 AM

20. "its been a long time.. im in"
In response to Reply # 0

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-15-14 06:09 AM

22. "Dayum!"
In response to Reply # 20

Been missin your input, good to have you back!

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Thu Jul-17-14 10:26 AM

23. "meins: "ALTERED STATES""
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymind/vahe-altered_states.

haven't done this in a while so be gentle lol.
basically just chopped the orchestral bits, one line of sprinkly synths, and one bar of guitar. added the kick and hi hat myself. wrote, sang and recorded it all in the last 2hrs. now i must smoke up and listen back about a dozen times before i realise it's maybe not that good (which is sadly, always good enuf for me).
lyrics are included below.

"ALTERED STATES"

as i rise
up to the stars
a new day dawns
upon the calm
wide open space
in altered states
no need to pray
to feel some grace
we few, wish for
such lofty things
the joy they bring
is uplifting
then i found her
within the muck
became my luck
and now we are here on the
cusp of it
of knowing things
i summoned my ghost
and she said the same thing
around her
i found her
my heart sings
of luv

we creep on and on
never letting go
stardust in our home
everywhere i roam
i see u
i FEEL u
in every way
every day
it gets harder
wen i'm on ya
& we're sinkin in
deeper than i can
remember
she acts with haste
& puts me in
altered states

so we go on
i play her my songs
i lay out my palms
she reads "love is harm"
but i disbelieve
what i can prove
only exists
inside her tomb
so we go up
so we can come down
our love's profound
the strongest around
and i do believe
this is destiny
every part of me
is yours

we creep on and on
never letting go
stardust in our home
everywhere i roam
i see u
i FEEL u
in every way
every day
it gets harder
wen i'm on ya
& we're sinkin in
deeper than i can
remember
she acts with haste
& puts me in
altered states

V.

---

DROkayplayerâ„¢

judono
4417 posts
Thu Jul-17-14 08:59 PM

24. "//"
In response to Reply # 23

you should post the instrumental version mp3 mane. might see what a feat. verse sounds like on it

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

araQual
Charter member
42162 posts
Thu Jul-17-14 11:28 PM

25. "here ya go"
In response to Reply # 24

https://soundcloud.com/confessionsofacurlymind/vahe-altered_states_inst_wchorus.

V.

---

DROkayplayerâ„¢

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Mon Jul-21-14 03:14 PM

29. "PHAT sound!!!"

Lookin at the squared Cloud visual of yo joint, I was hopin itd be "full" sounding and not just squashed from overprocessing and it was - dope how you pushed the mix on this man...

Nuff lo end without it soundin muddy.

Real simple, nice two chord carrier you laid for the main part!!!

Love the lil sparkly synths on there, wish youd bring them around some more.

As always, +1 on actually writing and recording for these - makes the end result so much more of everything!

Also, trippy outro -

Good stuff!!!

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Wed Jul-23-14 07:41 AM

31. "This is very dope. "

I thought I responded to this post, but it's not here so...

But I love the simplicity of the music and the strings some great and I like the pitch change. You have some nice singing chops. Very soulful. I'd look forward to a studio quality version of this. Either way, I still really dig it and downloaded it and will probably play it down the road as well.

silentwar
2039 posts
Thu Jul-24-14 03:21 PM

34. "Here's mine..."
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Jul-24-14 03:21 PM by silentwar

Not mixed or anything...

https://soundcloud.com/silentwar/goldentouch

"The outer world of circumstances shaped itself around the inner world of thought."
James Allen

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Thu Jul-24-14 04:09 PM

35. "Real dope man!!!"
In response to Reply # 34

Nice swing to your drums, nice phat kick - shakers and the occasional long hat and tambourine was solid for variation...
Id love for the twin hit snare/snap/clap comboed snare to come around some mo tho!

Dope choice for a carrier chop, positive vibe without soundin too sweet!

I really dug how you kept a different ending for each loop too, the synth bubbles, the guitar one, the golden touch one - all works wonders in terms of switching up from the main sample...

But dayum, had me hittin that play button at least five times just to provide basic feedback... Kept it short for repeated spins huh lol!?!

For real tho, this my shit, an emcee would rip this to pieces...

Solid.

silentwar
2039 posts
Thu Jul-24-14 08:47 PM

37. "RE: Real dope man!!!"
In response to Reply # 35

My man...I appreciate it bro. I've always been real apprehensive to post stuff because you cats are so dope. I cut it short because there were no more changes to it. LOL. I'm bout to follow you on Soundcloud. You have some extremely dope material bro. Respect.

James Allen

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Sat Jul-26-14 05:14 PM

39. "Respect right back!!!"
In response to Reply # 37

And thanks man, my Cloud needs yalls support lol...

Oh and dont hesitate on bringin the heat to the chops, theres room for everything and everybody, and your game is too dope to miss out on!!!

silentwar
2039 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:01 PM

44. "RE: Respect right back!!!"
In response to Reply # 39

Humbled fam...

James Allen

herbiehowsermc
1785 posts
Sat Jul-26-14 01:34 AM

38. "RE: Here's mine..."
In response to Reply # 34

Love the drums on this. Very dope.

silentwar
2039 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:00 PM

43. "RE: Here's mine..."
In response to Reply # 38

Yo thanks fam...you cats inspire me!

James Allen

deksbeats
Member since Jun 21st 2010
10 posts
Mon Jul-28-14 08:01 PM

40. "Joining in the fun"
In response to Reply # 0

What's up Fam?

Good to see this topic still kicking; Lot's of talent on this thread!

Here's my sub

https://soundcloud.com/deksbeats/okp-chops-14-rough-mix

Thanks for the listen!

silentwar
2039 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:04 PM

45. "RE: Joining in the fun"
In response to Reply # 40

Yoooo...it amazes me how everyone chops this so differently. This dope my man. This feel and then filters on this joint is so relaxing bro. Definitely rocking with this.

James Allen

deksbeats
10 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 04:25 PM

46. "RE: Joining in the fun"
In response to Reply # 45

Thanks man!

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 08:05 PM

48. "YEAH YEAH!!!"
In response to Reply # 40

+1 for buildin your own melody thru pitchin - thats my prefered game too! Always a good look... Also, they sound damn nice filtered - you let just the right amount of freqs thru IMHO!!!

Drums was extra crisp, great idea to go with tambourines instead of hats! Claps was nasty for a snare and the kick packs nuff punch!!! Slidin in that woodblock was good for tricks too...

Subbass supaphat man, SUPAphat - love the way it st-st-stutters!!!

Levels are on point, everything flows and blends nicely - real solid work in this one!

Def. one of my favs. - SALUTE!!!

deksbeats
10 posts
Thu Jul-31-14 03:14 PM

49. "RE: YEAH YEAH!!!"
In response to Reply # 48

Yo thanks a lot Torch! Both for the comment and putting this thread on!

judono
4417 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:24 AM

41. "nxt ep gonna be the royal fuck u sonically to the boys tryin2doThatFuck$..."
In response to Reply # 0

& they know who they are.
&i see u

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

judono
4417 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 12:26 AM

42. "can i get a lol"
In response to Reply # 41

&&

* * * * =========
* * * * =========
* * * * =========
==============
==============

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Tue Jul-29-14 07:55 PM

47. "AMEN!"
In response to Reply # 42

HeadNodda
Member since Dec 02nd 2004
2016 posts
Thu Jul-31-14 07:25 PM

50. "it's been a minute "
In response to Reply # 0

https://soundcloud.com/headnoddaproductions/ever-wond3r

It's been a minute, took a break, got boo'd up, working, and i wasnt feeling the lou rawls sample so i didnt participate the last time. here is something i put together just to knock the rust off.

enjoy.

---------------------------------
<----DAMN!
Straddling the Line Between Genius and Insanity

https://soundcloud.com/headnoddaproductions

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Thu Jul-31-14 07:48 PM

51. "Somethin laidback,"
In response to Reply # 50

real chill vibe here...

Drums are fast paced and a bit jumpy, but you kept em from bein TOO hectic. Theres still balance between them and the melodic pieces...

Choir sounds nice when playin behind the main vocals.

I also dig how the sound is very "full", without the drums drownin, dope!

Good stuff! Welcome back.

darius heyward bey
Member since Oct 13th 2009
5119 posts
Thu Jul-31-14 09:45 PM

52. "aight here's mine"
In response to Reply # 0

first beat in forever. got a rare evening to myself AND I got a new bass in the mail today? sheeeit

lil something tho, for peepage.

https://soundcloud.com/dariusheybey/touch-me

concept is it's like the beat machine tryna seduce me on some "touch me"

typical boom bap tho

Nigga I'm FAST....*pyoon*
ARE YOU TRYING TO RACE?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Hiper18Yc

_Torchbaras
2031 posts
Sat Aug-02-14 09:39 AM

53. "Yooo, dope one!"
In response to Reply # 52

The drums are nice and dry, good swing to em too...

Nice to have bass stabs instead of just solid bass thruout, adds to the aforementioned swing, plus you spiced it up with the lil rhythm guitar in the back every now and then...

The whispering panned "touch me"s was a dope idea, and executed well!

You kept the melody minimal, only switchin it up via the bass every 8 bars or so - couldve been monotonous had it not been for your choice of chops and how you weave them in and out, nicely done!!!

All in all, dope one man. Props.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2890705 Previous topic | Next topic