Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2889247

Subject: "?uestluv needs to make the breakbeats in red" Previous topic | Next topic
PungeePyPy
Member since Jul 09th 2006
9386 posts
Tue Jun-17-14 08:10 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"?uestluv needs to make the breakbeats in red"

A red sparkle finish would be so dope!!

can I get a custom order?!

nah but for real, quest knocked it out of the park. about to sell my yamahas and buy the breakbeats. perfect for these new york gigs.

Thank you!

...but yea, red sparkle?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
couple relateds
Jun 18th 2014
RE: couple relateds
Jun 18th 2014
I've been thinking about getting them
Jun 18th 2014
the black finish is kinda sleek though
Jun 18th 2014

imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Wed Jun-18-14 12:21 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "couple relateds"
In response to Reply # 0

1) what is it about them that makes them work better for you.

2) have you ever gone without a spring on your kick pedal?

3) how much longer you here? my schedule is shite right now but if we can i'd love to link up, preferably when you're playing.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." © Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

PungeePyPy
9386 posts
Wed Jun-18-14 11:53 AM

3. "RE: couple relateds"
In response to Reply # 1

>1) what is it about them that makes them work better for
>you.

They are light and easy to carry around. Plus I can easily set them up in my small apartment here in Harlem. Its a great deal... you get cases, some dampening pads to keep it quiet (which also allows you to hear more clearly what you're playing without any resonance). The kick is supposed to have a nice punch to it but also versatile for jazz. Its perfect for the gigs that I want to get -- Esperanza Spalding and Diana Krall's gig. From what I've read and heard, the drums are a small fusion kit. Surprised Quest went with Ludwig and not Yamaha, I thought he was a proud Yamaha sponsor.

>2) have you ever gone without a spring on your kick pedal?

Without a spring? What do you mean? Tension? That just depends on the gig and if I'm playing heel up or heel down.

>3) how much longer you here? my schedule is shite right now
>but if we can i'd love to link up, preferably when you're
>playing.

Yea sure. I'm here until the end of the month but then I'm moving up here at the end of August/beginning of September. Are you gigging anywhere?

sectachrome86
Member since Dec 22nd 2007
2729 posts
Wed Jun-18-14 10:57 AM

2. "I've been thinking about getting them"
In response to Reply # 0

I played and took lessons in school when I was young, but quit when I had to play marching band shit and read music. Didn't have the money or space for my own set until now. The Breakbeats look like just what I would need and the price is right too. I might fuck around and impulse buy one of these days.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.soundcloud.com/sectachrome

PungeePyPy
9386 posts
Wed Jun-18-14 06:20 PM

4. "the black finish is kinda sleek though "
In response to Reply # 0

i think this is a part of the ludwig accent series or something. there is a red sparkle finish in that line I believe.

either way i will be reppin my man's drums...next up: esperanza's gig.

Lobby The Lesson topic #2889247 Previous topic | Next topic