Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #2884823

Subject: "Joni Mitchell cover band" Previous topic | Next topic
drugs
Charter member
9149 posts
Wed May-14-14 03:46 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Joni Mitchell cover band"

so lately a hobby of mine is to browse youtube for people or bands doing cover versions of songs that i like. it makes me feel like an american idol judge or a talent scout. then last night i came across this band doing court and spark era joni. if you're familiar with that album you know there are a lot of intricate parts and instrumentation on it, and they nail it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpRmCkQh788

the rest of their videos are just as good.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Topic Outline
Subject Author Message Date ID
damn, this is really good, googled & they got some shows coming up
May 14th 2014
really good
May 14th 2014

Bombastic
Charter member
88874 posts
Wed May-14-14 05:35 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "damn, this is really good, googled & they got some shows coming up"
In response to Reply # 0

If they were doing this album, Hissing of Summer Lawns or Blue then I'd make the drive from LA to SD for sure.

A two-guitars-and-a-mic 'songs of' is a toss-up, the Mingus show (tho I've never been crazy about the album) might be cool to see live.

Actually that Hejira show might be the best bet.

http://www.robinadler.com/calendar.html

Having seen Joni about a couple times about ten years back, this would be better than seeing her nowadays.

amplifya7
Member since Feb 07th 2010
2989 posts
Wed May-14-14 09:36 AM

2. "really good"
In response to Reply # 0

would be interested to see videos of their original material, which it seems is only on itunes

Bandcamp/IG/FB/Twitter: @hecticzeniths

Lobby The Lesson topic #2884823 Previous topic | Next topic